Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock Knuckle...... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-knuckle-91480/)

LakeshoreShooter 05-30-2013 08:36 AM

Glock Knuckle......

I recently bought a G-23 (gen.3). This is my first compact Glock. I have pretty much all the full size models, and just never really had use for a compact model. I carry a HK P7 PSP, or a 1911 commander, for carry purposes. Well, I was offered a great deal on a G-32 with a Storm Lake .40 barrel included.
Taking to the range 2 times in the last week, I have developed quite the sore knuckle on my middle finger on the strong hand. I googled it and sure enough, found the name "glock knuckle." I found one thread on another site that suggested using a 1/2" dowel rod and sandpaper wrap and start filing away, eventually using a dremel and fine file.

I was hoping I could get some of y'alls ideas or methods you used to get a relief in the rear of the trigger guard. I mean, I understand the object is to recess the area as Colt applied to their 1911 "enhanced" model. I am curious how you did yours and with what tools.

Fathead00 05-30-2013 04:30 PM

I carry a full size G35 and haven't had any problems, unless it is only for the sub compacts. My friend carries the G22 and has no problems with that either. Hopefully you figure something out.

LakeshoreShooter 05-31-2013 02:25 AM

Glock Knuckle.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 1262352)
I carry a full size G35 and haven't had any problems, unless it is only for the sub compacts. My friend carries the G22 and has no problems with that either. Hopefully you figure something out.

Hey Fathead, thanks for the reply. Yep, the G-35 is one of my favorites. I cut my teeth on one back in '05-'08 in the production class in USPSA. I have no problems with the full size frame. It's just the compacts that I am learning to be an issue.

Kraj 06-08-2013 05:27 AM

I went really slow with my g35 and a dremel. i only took a bit off the side and its way more comfortable. I made it less square rather then take a bunch of material off. Just go slow

Fathead00 06-08-2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakeshoreShooter

Hey Fathead, thanks for the reply. Yep, the G-35 is one of my favorites. I cut my teeth on one back in '05-'08 in the production class in USPSA. I have no problems with the full size frame. It's just the compacts that I am learning to be an issue.

I hate the GLOCK compacts!!!! I shot the G23 and hated it! I'll carry a full size GLOCK any day.

big shrek 06-11-2013 12:16 AM

Has everything to do with a particular owner's finger size...
not much you can do about Genetics, but you can always mod a Glock ;)

danolator 06-11-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek

Not to mention grip technique.

LakeshoreShooter 06-13-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraj (Post 1270819)
I went really slow with my g35 and a dremel. i only took a bit off the side and its way more comfortable. I made it less square rather then take a bunch of material off. Just go slow

You wouldn't have a pic or two you could throw my way, would you? :D

LakeshoreShooter 06-13-2013 12:51 AM

yep......

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 1273183)

Ya, I'm hip. I have no problems with my full size Glocks. And as I am writing this I start thinking....."just sell it, and buy another full size." Hmmm...:rolleyes:

multistage 06-15-2013 09:38 PM

Change your grip a bit. I learned to do it. My knuckle was torn up some too. SIGs, M&Ps, XDs, 1911s, all were fine. But Glocks were chewing me up.

What a guy wants to do is not to wrap your hand quite so far around the grip. Grip it like you have been, and then rotate your hand around the grip a bit less. Where the right side of the grip corners and starts to turn into the front strap, that corner is where you want the sore knuckle, so that it isn't quite so far under the trigger guard. Chances are if you grip it so and extend your arm, the centerline of the slide will match the centerline of your wrist, which is what you are after.

Takes some getting used to, but it will save your knuckle.