Glock Knives

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Glock Knives

I picked up a couple of single sided Glock bayonets from Glockmeister today. Any info on these? I should have done a bit of research before I bought em. I saw on a few sites that the metal might rust a bit. And that they need oil and cleaning every so often. Looking to put one in my range bag and one in my emergency grab and go box.
Think these will be ok over the long haul? How will the edge keep. Looking for some owners who know.
Price of like 33.00 ea. was perfect for me. Not looking to spend crazy jack on something that is stored and hardly going to be used.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue View Post
I picked up a couple of single sided Glock bayonets from Glockmeister today. Any info on these? I should have done a bit of research before I bought em. I saw on a few sites that the metal might rust a bit. And that they need oil and cleaning every so often. Looking to put one in my range bag and one in my emergency grab and go box.
Think these will be ok over the long haul? How will the edge keep. Looking for some owners who know.
Price of like 33.00 ea. was perfect for me. Not looking to spend crazy jack on something that is stored and hardly going to be used.
Why would you need a bayonet on a glock? A knife in the other hand or some kind of Brass kunckle attachment would make more sense.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardson13 View Post
Why would you need a bayonet on a glock? A knife in the other hand or some kind of Brass kunckle attachment would make more sense.
It's not a bayonet per-say. Just a large field knife is all.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:07 AM   #4

Ah, so what are the uses for it?

Old 06-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Actually it was designed to be a bayonet for use on the Steyr AUG assault rifle. There is a metal socket at the rear, covered up by a plastic plug.

Follow us on Facebook! facebook.com/worldbayonets

The bayonet cannot be abolished for the reason, if for no other, that it is the sole and exclusive embodiment of that willpower which, alone, both in war and everyday life, attains its object.—General M. I. Dragomirov

Old 06-25-2011, 12:13 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marysdad View Post
Actually it was designed to be a bayonet for use on the Steyr AUG assault rifle. There is a metal socket at the rear, covered up by a plastic plug.

Dude! I didn't even notice. Thanks for letting us know. I though they were just a general field knife good for all kind of stuff.