Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock innaccuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 04:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Can a person wear out a Glock barrel with anything resembling normal use?
If you can wear out ANY barrel with less than about 50k rounds, the barrel was junk to begin with. Good barrels last a lot longer than that.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

You said you used Winchester from Wally World, so I'm going to assume it was FMJ. If it was plain lead, that could be the problem. Lead could also be a problem if the previous owner used unjacketed ammo.

There are companies that make stuff to de-lead your barrel. It looks like a sheet of cloth and comes in a package. You cut it into patches that fit your barrel and use it the way you would a dry patch when cleaning. It's a very fine grit abrasive cloth. If you have some fouling in the barrel, that might take care of it.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 10-01-2011, 08:04 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59
You said you used Winchester from Wally World, so I'm going to assume it was FMJ. If it was plain lead, that could be the problem. Lead could also be a problem if the previous owner used unjacketed ammo.

There are companies that make stuff to de-lead your barrel. It looks like a sheet of cloth and comes in a package. You cut it into patches that fit your barrel and use it the way you would a dry patch when cleaning. It's a very fine grit abrasive cloth. If you have some fouling in the barrel, that might take care of it.
Yeah it was fmj and the barrel looks to be fine. I shot it again today from a rest and a retired police officer and range master of 30+ years was there shooting his kimber 1911 and we had him shoot the gun just to see if it was in fact us or the gun and he was all over the place too. He said he had never seen a gun shoot that bad before. Idk what to tell my buddy to do.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #24

Default Glock innaccuracy

I'd go with operator error

Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon

Old 10-01-2011, 04:45 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32tudor
I'd go with operator error
There has been 4 of us shooting the gun. One of which has 30+ years of experience with firearms and many years with the 22. He was the range master and shot at expert level. I'm pretty sure operator error has been ruled out. I'm looking for things that could be a real problem and you just adding your opinion that has already been said doesn't help.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 PM   #26

I'd borrow a bore laser and compare bore axis to sight alignment.

I'd borrow a bench rest and try several brands of ammo.

If you have a gun that doesn't group or consistently groups offline, you have the answer.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter
I'd borrow a bore laser and compare bore axis to sight alignment.

I'd borrow a bench rest and try several brands of ammo.

If you have a gun that doesn't group or consistently groups offline, you have the answer.
Ok I'll have try that out.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:04 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Tried a bore laser and it was dead on. Tried a new barrel and it was a hundred times better. Thanks all for the advice.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:47 AM   #29

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Glad you got it sorted out! Enjoy your Glock

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 10-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra View Post
Tried a bore laser and it was dead on. Tried a new barrel and it was a hundred times better. Thanks all for the advice.
There are some pretty decent (but cheap) drop in Glock barrels available from Lone Wolf if you are looking for a replacement. EFK Firedragon makes good drop in barrels too.