Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock innaccuracy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97cobra View Post
He did buy it used and I didn't even look at the barrel. We used Winchester target loads. Wally world 100 round value packs.
have him the check the barrel, and see if it looks like its smooth, or if the inside looks like old concrete. This is what a new barrel looks like: glock barrel rifling - TheFiringLine Forums

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-27-2011, 01:03 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda

have him the check the barrel, and see if it looks like its smooth, or if the inside looks like old concrete. This is what a new barrel looks like: glock barrel rifling - TheFiringLine Forums
I'll let him know to check his barrel. I never even thought to check that.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:09 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would check the barrel like TSP recommended. Another thing to consider is try it with a different brand or weight of ammunition and see if you get the same results.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 AM   #14

If you can, find someone with a boresight. That will tell you if there is a problem with the sight alignment or the barrel not being true. It won't tell you if the barrel rifling is bad but it should give a good indication of where the barrel points.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 09-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #15

Liked 929 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 908

Did he get the G22 as a LE trade-in? Mine is and the bore's like new even though it's probably original from 1997 (because the caliber is marked the old way, 40S&W not 40). LE trade-ins are gone over by an armorer and supposedly upgraded when necessary. And Glock barrels last forever but of course anything can happen to an individual gun.

However, you said the G23 was a problem too - I don't see two Glocks being bad and dominated by a HiPoint, of all things.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Did he get the G22 as a LE trade-in? Mine is and the bore's like new even though it's probably original from 1997 (because the caliber is marked the old way, 40S&W not 40). LE trade-ins are gone over by an armorer and supposedly upgraded when necessary. And Glock barrels last forever but of course anything can happen to an individual gun.

However, you said the G23 was a problem too - I don't see two Glocks being bad and dominated by a HiPoint, of all things.
The 23 wasn't too bad. Still not as accurate as I would have expected them to be.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #17

Default Sights

I had the same problem, Practice, Practice, practice!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2533 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Can a person wear out a Glock barrel with anything resembling normal use?

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 09-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Can a person wear out a Glock barrel with anything resembling normal use?
Depends on your definition of normal use. A professional shooter might equate normal use to shooting 3k rounds a week. A bus driver that shoots on the weekends might say 100 rounds a week is normal. Just depends on the shooter what normal is.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 09-30-2011, 02:32 AM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Try cleaning the G22 and see if that helps. Also, some G22s like 165gr
ammo and others like 180gr. It does make a difference.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg