Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 133 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I'm not one to have a bunch of the same gun. If you know what I mean. I love XD. Do I plan on having 6 XD's? Hell no. I like a variate of guns in my collection.

I know there are people out there who believe in that 1 platform and that is all they will ever own. I can't stand when someone shows me there "gun collection" and I fill like I'm looking at the glock model chart on there web sight.

I just have to ask. Why do you have 20 of the same gun just in dif size and cal? There response 90% of the time. A glock was my first gun. It's all I will ever need. I have never really shot anything elts. My response. Well I fill sorry for you and know you will forever be known as "glock fan boy"
You've seen one Tupperware bowl, you've seen them all.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:23 AM   #72

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

How true. Having the ability to shoot mutiple weapons is a benefit. I have owned arourd 100 - 150 diffrent hand guns in my life and shot 20x as many. you need to be able to deversify if not and you love your Glock you will be nothing more than just another, ____________fill in the bank.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 AM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
How true. Having the ability to shoot mutiple weapons is a benefit. I have owned arourd 100 - 150 diffrent hand guns in my life and shot 20x as many. you need to be able to deversify if not and you love your Glock you will be nothing more than just another, ____________fill in the bank.
ooh, madlibs?! ummm.... cockknocker!

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Welcome to the site Ruger Nut - its not the gun per se but the fan boys often referred to as "GlockoNutz" here which drive people crazy.

This issue has been beat to death and I'm sure the Mods just groan when they see another Glock vs Anything debate.

Personally, I don't think it's fair to compare a Glock to a Sig or HK that cost significantly more. (Also over- priced but great guns !)

Gaston was building a budget driven - value oriented piece. OK, he didn't "do" the best job w ergonomics but the design IS solid & dependable. It was very innovative in the 80's and it really hasn't changed much except to try and address the ergo mistakes that have been well documented.

Very funny video !

Hope you are feeling better.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
ooh, madlibs?! ummm.... cockknocker!
You got it, come on down and get your prize.

1400 Tenth St, Sacramento
CA 95814

tell them you have a Glock in your car and you are not afraid to use it

Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 670 Times on 344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16

You got it, come on down and get your prize.

1400 Tenth St, Sacramento
CA 95814

tell them you have a Glock in your car and you are not afraid to use it
I can remember playing hide and seek in some of the 2nd floor hallways of the building around the corner when I was a kid. Anyways.... Yawn....

Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #77

come on!! you're no fun at all any more!!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #78
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
There is the Dan wesson 1911 in 10mm holds 13 rounds, standard and has a 17 round max
Link to one? Thanks.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #79

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15
I'm not one to have a bunch of the same gun. If you know what I mean. I love XD. Do I plan on having 6 XD's? Hell no. I like a variate of guns in my collection.

I know there are people out there who believe in that 1 platform and that is all they will ever own. I can't stand when someone shows me there "gun collection" and I fill like I'm looking at the glock model chart on there web sight.

I just have to ask. Why do you have 20 of the same gun just in dif size and cal? There response 90% of the time. A glock was my first gun. It's all I will ever need. I have never really shot anything elts. My response. Well I fill sorry for you and know you will forever be known as "glock fan boy"
You might want to change your story and add one other platform in there too. You say to have 20 of the same gun just in different sizes and calibers. What about the "1911 fan boys" then? If some one has one 1911 you can usually bet they have another or several. You will have "fan boys" in every brand.

image-2011725983.jpg

Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 AM   #80

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

You might want to change your story and add one other platform in there too. You say to have 20 of the same gun just in different sizes and calibers. What about the "1911 fan boys" then? If some one has one 1911 you can usually bet they have another or several. You will have "fan boys" in every brand.
This is true with many kinds of guns. But not all 1911's look the same. And there are other manufactures. Nobody other than glock makes a glock.

But a fan boy is a fan boy and there out there for every platform. I hate when someone is asking for a recommendation on a poly, double stack, striker gun for CC and some jack a$$ pops in and says 1911 woo hoo. Just like when someone is asking about a stainless gun and someone says "glock or nothing".