Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
The round I choose is 10mm Just me. 9mm is too soft, not enough bite.

In the 10mm world, what other double stack mags are there?

20 years ago, what other choices were there?

after 20 plus years, and still going strong, was my choice a bad one?
EAA witness has one. But as far as a double stack 10mm glock is the best way to go. I have chosen to go with a 1911 for my 10mm need so I don't have to buy another glock.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #62

Liked 381 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Glocks are okay. I keep one in my kitchen cabinet Not with the tupperware where everyone thinks though. It's in a small cabinet where we can get to it if needed - it's sporting a Streamlight TLR-1.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #63

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The round I choose is 10mm Just me. 9mm is too soft, not enough bite.

In the 10mm world, what other double stack mags are there?

20 years ago, what other choices were there?

after 20 plus years, and still going strong, was my choice a bad one?
There is the Dan wesson 1911 in 10mm holds 13 rounds, standard and has a 17 round max

Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #64

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
Yeah, you did e-mail me! And you told me about this site and others. I just have so much on my mind I sometimes can't remember my name.

Crawfish season just started and they will be plentiful this year!

The LGS here is selling 9mm TulAmmo 50rds for $23.50 a box! And people are buying it!
Thats what they are going for out here too. They are going for $29.50 on Ammoseek.com. I stopped buying ammo when Tula .45 hit $17 a box at the most expensive shop I know of and they were alway over priced. Thank god I have 15K in reserve. Thats not even "crisis" ammo, its just what I like to have.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #65

Liked 137 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
WOW, Ruger_NUT, you really opened up a hornets nest here.

Lets get something straight about Ruger_NUT and myself. We know each other from other forums. We both really like the S&W Sigma. I had the 40 cal myself, it was the most reliable gun I have ever owned. I put 30K rounds thru mine and never did I have a misfire, FTF or FTE. I have had stove pipes with EVERY Glock that I have ever shot. There was a time that Glock owners and sigma owners were in this war. I damn near spear headed the war. It was not really the gun so much but the Glock owners is what I could not stand. When I first heard of the Sigma, Glock owners were saying what a POS they were and how unreliable they were etc.. I figured that if all these guys were comparing a $600 gun to a $300 gun then there nust be something to it. I bought one. Glock owners were saying all sorts of weird stuff. They were saying that you could emerge the gun in concrete and mud and run it over with a car and the best one is that it fired underwater. Big deal. And modern gun will fire underwater. Its not the gun, its the cartridge anyway. So I put my Sigma to a torture test. Anything the gun would see from a normal, not insane, person. I did trigger job after trigger job on this gun I even used non gun parts to try to get this gun to fail, I fired at one point 1K rounds of lead ammo thru it in an afternoon. That would have made a Glock go BOOM!! a fired the worst ammo that I could find. I did not clean or lube the gun for 5K rounds of the dirtiest ammo on the market. Never had a failure. A Glock or a 1911 would have gone to the dogs. I did not drown the gun in concrete and then chip off the hard stuff and attempt to fire the gun, remember I am not insane. I did what a normal person might do and that was it. I fthe gun got ruined then it was a good time and $300 not a big deal. Never happened. In fact when I sold the gun this last December, it was in better condition than when I bought it and I sold it for $100 more then I paid for it. I had it for sale for cheaper but because of the condition of the gun and its 3.5 lb trigger that I did to it two guys just loved it so much the started bidding for it. And that was that. When I can afford to buy another I will.

Now for the bad news Ruger_NUT. I own 2 Glocks. I own a 17 and a full size 21. They feel like you are holding a plastic brick, does everyone agree that they could have done a better job an the shape of the grip? I do and that is all that matters because as far as I know I am talking to a BOT. They also could have made the grip so when your hands get sweaty the gun does not slip and slide in your hand, but I took care of that problem. see pics of my Sigma and Glocks below. They could have even put night sights on the gun because they clain it is an all conditions gun and is battle ready. I don't know about any of you but when its dark and there is not any light at your back you can't see those sights, period. Those are the beefs I have with the Glock and so does Ruger_NUT. We also have an issue with the attitude of the typical Glock owner fanatic. The way they talk and have to put everyone else down just to make themselves feel better about over paying for a plastic gun, its not the holy grail of guns, it’s just not, get over it. All that being said, the gun does hav a pretty nice factory trigger and the angle of the grip makes the recoil come more straight back and you have less muzzle flip. the sight picture on a Glock, at least on my 21 never changes. at least I can't see it change. After you shoot a Glock for a while and then go to one of your other guns, it almost seems like there is something wrong with them. They are definetly not a great looking gun. I would rather have a Wilson Combat 1911 any day of the week but they are easy to clean and maintain without any tools, When I would take the Sigma frame apart it would take 15 to 30 min to put the thing back together. I can take the Glock apart, clean it and put it back together in 10 minutes. I have no quam with the Glock except for what I have stated above.

Hope this helps you out Ruger_NUT.

Everyone else, he is a great guy, he did have to sell all of of his guns a nyear ago and he is coming back. He is very smart and has alot of good info he can share with everyone. Have a good day, talk to ya soon.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 83670[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
In pictures #1 and #3, are those Hi-Point guns?

Old 02-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #66

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post

I'm sure there is something to do with a contract in most cases. Glock bid the lowest so glock got it. I'm not a Leo tho so I might be wrong.
It alot of cases that is true, sometimes it is because the senior that did the department testing was a glocker

Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #67

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Glocks Rock, and I dig the Sig! There are quite a few of other really nice offerings out there, but why knock another's hustle if mine is treating me right.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #68

Liked 137 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTho View Post
Glocks Rock, and I dig the Sig! There are quite a few of other really nice offerings out there, but why knock another's hustle if mine is treating me right.
I'm not a poet,
in case you don't know it.
I think Glocks rock,
if you have a lot of money in stock.
But, if you want a 2X4,
get one at a hardware store!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #69

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

I'm not one to have a bunch of the same gun. If you know what I mean. I love XD. Do I plan on having 6 XD's? Hell no. I like a variate of guns in my collection.

I know there are people out there who believe in that 1 platform and that is all they will ever own. I can't stand when someone shows me there "gun collection" and I fill like I'm looking at the glock model chart on there web sight.

I just have to ask. Why do you have 20 of the same gun just in dif size and cal? There response 90% of the time. A glock was my first gun. It's all I will ever need. I have never really shot anything elts. My response. Well I fill sorry for you and know you will forever be known as "glock fan boy"

Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 AM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I'm not one to have a bunch of the same gun. If you know what I mean. I love XD. Do I plan on having 6 XD's? Hell no. I like a variate of guns in my collection.

I know there are people out there who believe in that 1 platform and that is all they will ever own. I can't stand when someone shows me there "gun collection" and I fill like I'm looking at the glock model chart on there web sight.

I just have to ask. Why do you have 20 of the same gun just in dif size and cal? There response 90% of the time. A glock was my first gun. It's all I will ever need. I have never really shot anything elts. My response. Well I fill sorry for you and know you will forever be known as "glock fan boy"

I have seen some nice 1911 collections but those are actually fun to look at. Even though mechanically they are identical in every way I at least understand that fascination. The Glock collection? youre makin that up. Youre just bein silly now. That's just sad. Who would waste their time on such a thing.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson