Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
Hahahaha that videos funny
It is, very much so!

Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #42

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

WOW, Ruger_NUT, you really opened up a hornets nest here.

Lets get something straight about Ruger_NUT and myself. We know each other from other forums. We both really like the S&W Sigma. I had the 40 cal myself, it was the most reliable gun I have ever owned. I put 30K rounds thru mine and never did I have a misfire, FTF or FTE. I have had stove pipes with EVERY Glock that I have ever shot. There was a time that Glock owners and sigma owners were in this war. I damn near spear headed the war. It was not really the gun so much but the Glock owners is what I could not stand. When I first heard of the Sigma, Glock owners were saying what a POS they were and how unreliable they were etc.. I figured that if all these guys were comparing a $600 gun to a $300 gun then there nust be something to it. I bought one. Glock owners were saying all sorts of weird stuff. They were saying that you could emerge the gun in concrete and mud and run it over with a car and the best one is that it fired underwater. Big deal. And modern gun will fire underwater. Its not the gun, its the cartridge anyway. So I put my Sigma to a torture test. Anything the gun would see from a normal, not insane, person. I did trigger job after trigger job on this gun I even used non gun parts to try to get this gun to fail, I fired at one point 1K rounds of lead ammo thru it in an afternoon. That would have made a Glock go BOOM!! a fired the worst ammo that I could find. I did not clean or lube the gun for 5K rounds of the dirtiest ammo on the market. Never had a failure. A Glock or a 1911 would have gone to the dogs. I did not drown the gun in concrete and then chip off the hard stuff and attempt to fire the gun, remember I am not insane. I did what a normal person might do and that was it. I fthe gun got ruined then it was a good time and $300 not a big deal. Never happened. In fact when I sold the gun this last December, it was in better condition than when I bought it and I sold it for $100 more then I paid for it. I had it for sale for cheaper but because of the condition of the gun and its 3.5 lb trigger that I did to it two guys just loved it so much the started bidding for it. And that was that. When I can afford to buy another I will.

Now for the bad news Ruger_NUT. I own 2 Glocks. I own a 17 and a full size 21. They feel like you are holding a plastic brick, does everyone agree that they could have done a better job an the shape of the grip? I do and that is all that matters because as far as I know I am talking to a BOT. They also could have made the grip so when your hands get sweaty the gun does not slip and slide in your hand, but I took care of that problem. see pics of my Sigma and Glocks below. They could have even put night sights on the gun because they clain it is an all conditions gun and is battle ready. I don't know about any of you but when its dark and there is not any light at your back you can't see those sights, period. Those are the beefs I have with the Glock and so does Ruger_NUT. We also have an issue with the attitude of the typical Glock owner fanatic. The way they talk and have to put everyone else down just to make themselves feel better about over paying for a plastic gun, its not the holy grail of guns, it’s just not, get over it. All that being said, the gun does hav a pretty nice factory trigger and the angle of the grip makes the recoil come more straight back and you have less muzzle flip. the sight picture on a Glock, at least on my 21 never changes. at least I can't see it change. After you shoot a Glock for a while and then go to one of your other guns, it almost seems like there is something wrong with them. They are definetly not a great looking gun. I would rather have a Wilson Combat 1911 any day of the week but they are easy to clean and maintain without any tools, When I would take the Sigma frame apart it would take 15 to 30 min to put the thing back together. I can take the Glock apart, clean it and put it back together in 10 minutes. I have no quam with the Glock except for what I have stated above.

Hope this helps you out Ruger_NUT.

Everyone else, he is a great guy, he did have to sell all of of his guns a nyear ago and he is coming back. He is very smart and has alot of good info he can share with everyone. Have a good day, talk to ya soon.[ATTACH][ATTACH]img_0140.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
sigmarmag.jpg   img_0133.jpg  

Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #43

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut
Let me stray a bit here.
I read that the early Gen 4 had A LOT of problems. Have these been addressed by Glock?
Yes they have been addressed. If you go on glocks sight. They are replacing all recoil springs/ guide rods on the gen4 made before a set date. All the ones made after the date already have the new rod/spring.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #44

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I always think it is funny when people start threads like this. My main question is why? You already said you don't "LIKE" GLOCKS, so who cares what other people think about them. You for one are not going to buy a GLOCK. I love every gun "I" buy and if someone doesn't "LIKE" what I own, oh well. I do own a GLOCK and a 1911 with some other firearms. I shoot ALL my firearms well. So, go and start an another thread to start some crap. BTW good intro and have a nice day.
People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #45

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post

Soooo.....
the nice finger grooves, textured grip, contoured back strap to fit palm swell, and perfectly fitted width of the grip that accommodates small, medium, and large hands (on the compact & full size models) doesnt do it for ya huh?

Interesting....tell me more.....I guess thats why so many police and government HATE Glock so much huh?
Many of those leo that i know or have spoken to do not choose to carry glock in their opinion. Some prefer the m&p and others prefer sig.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
Many of those leo that i know or have spoken to do not choose to carry glock in their opinion. Some prefer the m&p and others prefer sig.
FEDS like the Sig and Specail weapons and tactics lile the M&P. Every Cop I know likes the Glock 22. Except for one or two that will not carry anything but a 1911 in 45. All of these are fabulous firearms and tac drivers at that.
Again though why would anyone want to agrue which guns they like better? If you don't like the gun that I have or the gun that I am shooting then look away. Its not your gun, don't worry about it. I almost bought a Sig and then I decided not to because of the decocker lever, could not stand it. the gun is a shooter though. Came down to a Glock and an M&P for me, both great guns accurate as hell. I choose the glock because I could take it apart easier than the M&P. I do also like the trigger reset a little better. I found out later that the M&P mags cost almost $50 each. The Glock mags are $20 each. That was good decision on my part. I have 5 mags for each one that saved me $200.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #47

Liked 138 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I always think it is funny when people start threads like this. My main question is why? You already said you don't "LIKE" GLOCKS, so who cares what other people think about them. You for one are not going to buy a GLOCK. I love every gun "I" buy and if someone doesn't "LIKE" what I own, oh well. I do own a GLOCK and a 1911 with some other firearms. I shoot ALL my firearms well. So, go and start an another thread to start some crap. BTW good intro and have a nice day.
Well, it's a good thing I have warmed up to Glocks, opposed to the way I used to feel about them. You really don't want me to go there!
Starting this thread was like starting a CHEVY vs FORD thread. Each one has there strong points and weak points. I'm an X-racer/hot rodder/engine builder. I used to build and race Chevy products exclusively. But here's the kicker, I drove stock Ford trucks, and still do.
I didn't start this thread in the Glock forum; it was moved there. Had my intentions been to start a BS Troll thread, it would have been in the Glock forum.
So, you ask why I started this thread? Hmmmm, let's see....so many firearms out there yet the gravitational pull is always towards the Glock. Your answer? OPINIONS! You know, like that quote; "It's like an............." Well, you know.
BTW, your post was great also!

Old 02-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
So, you ask why I started this thread? Hmmmm, let's see....so many firearms out there yet the gravitational pull is always towards the Glock.
Why don't you attack Phoenix Arms or Springers or Les Bear, everyone hates Les Bear and their POS guns. Maybe tomorrow you can go after Browning or mayber Colt, then on thursday, take it to Kimber and Dan Wesson. On friday really let CZ have it along with those horrible want-a-be Rugers. LMFAO

Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #49

Hey Vector16, you think I am making any (Glock) friends here?

Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #50

Can we make this thread a sticky?
Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Glock Forum