Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ruger_Nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 291
Liked 132 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock1926 View Post
From a NYC LEO, I can tell you that I hate my Glock because of the 12.5 lb trigger pull we have to have. Never been able to try out a civilian Glock. Having said that, i've never had a problem with it.
You can always tell the criminal you are in pursuit of, how expensive a Glock is and I bet that alone will make him give up.
__________________
The anticipation of death is worse than death itself!
Ruger_Nut is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #192
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 5,782
Liked 4516 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Default

I checked out a new neighborhood LGS today.

He had G19 and is asking $750.00

I laughed myself to tears at his expense but he'll probable get it...

Tack

__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
Cattledog Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #193
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
chuckusaret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West Palm Beach,Florida
Posts: 480
Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
The grip angle is the very thing that makes Glock such a great gun. When you fire a Glock the recoil comes straight back and the muzzle flip is greatly reduced.
So you were firing +p and +p+, or lead ammo from your Glock and it it exploded in your hand. LOL. They warn you about this in the Owners manual which you did not read because you know everthing. I hate to be the one to put it like that to you, but that sure is what it sounds like. You are not willing to descibe what happened so we need to draw our own conculsions.

Eber gun that I have ever purchased, I have read cover to cover before I shoot the gun. This include when I bought a G17 and then bought a G21. It was alot of the same info if not all the same info but I still read it because there is a clear warning lable to READ THIS BEFORE OPERATING.
First you have made several wrong assumptions. Where did I mention that I know everything, but in your comments you profess to know everything about me even to what I do and don't do even though you have never met me. I was not firing +P or lead as you say. I was firing WWB target ammo. The grip angle may work for you but doesn't work for me and I care less if it works for you. There are a few arse holes on this forum an, IMO, you are the biggest.

The 1st generation G22, per two very experienced gunsmiths, fired prior to going into full battery based on the damage and the spent shell casing. A well known and documented failure of the Glock.
__________________

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

chuckusaret is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #194
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nate882004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 50
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty
1. Mushy trigger, other than Taurus and some older cz's I've never shot a handgun with a worse feeling trigger. Those of you touting the trigger have obviously never shot a really nice gun. Out of the box they SUCK!
2. Mags swell and do not fall free. This is huge for speed reloading and Glocks are the absolute worst at it.
3. Trigger "safety". See Glock leg = re holstering issues.
4. The ergonomics suck nuts, why do I need to have something in front of my face that looks like the upper deck of an aircraft carrier? The sights are tiny compared to the surface area of the flat top. See Springfield XDm for reference to an ergonomic fix.
5. Unsupported chamber, this has already been addressed.
6. Polygonal rifling, if you like reloading lead you have to change the barrel so it doesn't blow up in your hands.
Aside from hi point these are the ugliest guns on the market. Reliable? That's a matter of fact. My Springfield XDm is as reliable and a hell of a lot easier on the eyes and hands.
This is a load of bias crap. Don't take any of this as fact.
__________________

Nate from WV, live in NC

Nate882004 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #195
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate882004

This is a load of bias crap. Don't take any of this as fact.
Unsupported chamber- fact. Call glock and talk to a rep. Poly rifling- fact. Call glock and talk to a rep. Can not shoot exposed lead bullets- fact. Read owners manual. Can not fire reloads- fact. Read owners manual. Mags swell- fact. Gen 1&2 were designed to do so. Ergonomics suck. To some this is a fact. Trigger safety= glock leg- fact. If you are not carful you will blow your leg off. Trigger sucks- fact (in most cases) more people change the trigger on a glock than any other gun. Some do a .25 trigger job.

I fail to see ware any of this is bias info. 1/3 of it is right In the owners manual. 1/3 is on there web sight. And the other 1/3 is personal preference.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #196
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,918
Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

Unsupported chamber- fact. Call glock and talk to a rep. Poly rifling- fact. Call glock and talk to a rep. Can not shoot exposed lead bullets- fact. Read owners manual. Can not fire reloads- fact. Read owners manual. Mags swell- fact. Gen 1&2 were designed to do so. Ergonomics suck. To some this is a fact. Trigger safety= glock leg- fact. If you are not carful you will blow your leg off. Trigger sucks- fact (in most cases) more people change the trigger on a glock than any other gun. Some do a .25 trigger job.

I fail to see ware any of this is bias info. 1/3 of it is right In the owners manual. 1/3 is on there web sight. And the other 1/3 is personal preference.
Ok, I will comment on this one.. Unsupported-true, poly rifle-true, no lead-true, reloads yes if you KNOW what you are doing, mag swell FIXED since Gen 3s have been out, ergo is OPINION not fact, trigger safety- OPINION because some people are negligent and BLAME the equipment, triggers sucking- OPINION. That's my OPINION on this matter.
__________________
Fathead00 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #197
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lbwar15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,012
Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

Ok, I will comment on this one.. Unsupported-true, poly rifle-true, no lead-true, reloads yes if you KNOW what you are doing, mag swell FIXED since Gen 3s have been out, ergo is OPINION not fact, trigger safety- OPINION because some people are negligent and BLAME the equipment, triggers sucking- OPINION. That's my OPINION on this matter.
Yep. That's what I said.
__________________
lbwar15 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #198
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nate882004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 50
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand4arms
Ugly and overpriced? They were never designed to be pretty. They were designed to work bare bones no bs. There are so many aftermarket parts for Glocks_ you can customize them all you want. Imagination is the limit. I've owned my g22 for almost a year and I love it. As for the price-430 $ for a never touched gen 3 22 isn't overpriced to me...don't get me wrong I like and have fired many other brands. Some i loved. Some not but that's the nature of the beast. I will get a g27 as soon as I get my ccw but my fnp45 is coming next month. Love Em or hate Em...glocks just work.
....'Like'....
__________________

Nate from WV, live in NC

Nate882004 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #199
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nate882004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 50
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15

If its such a good gun then why do you need all the upgrades? The only thing I have done to my XD is buy a mag and shoot it.

As I have said before glocks suck if you are a reloader or you shoot cast bullets. I'm sorry but I don't wont a gun that I have to pay 500-600 for then another 400 to make it what I need it to be.

If you won't to "customize" something buy a AR. Just saying
You've got to be from North Carolina with all that "won't" instead of "want" talk. Lol.
__________________

Nate from WV, live in NC

Nate882004 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #200
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Nate882004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 50
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16
If you have to customize a gun, you probably bought the gun because your buddies have the gun and you wanted to be in the group. If you get a gun that you don't need to customize and trick out and buy all these after maket parts for then you probably got a good gun that you should have gotten to begin with. If you buy a Glock and need to put a new trigger, new sights, barrel, FP, springs etc, why didn't you get the gun that you wanted instead of making the gun that you didn't want perform and look like the gun you wanted?

I mean REALLY!! Is it that hard to figure out?
Seriously? No gun out there is perfect for every person. But a Glock can be. Also, the Glock is just fine out of the box for MOST people and will do its job faithfully for all people. That's why we buy our Glocks. Most guns are loved by someone for one reason or another. I love my Glock like it is out of box but its nice to know that I have options, unlike most other guns. That just makes it able to be the perfect gun for more people.
__________________

Nate from WV, live in NC

Nate882004 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
For the Glock haters out there. jeepejeep Glock Forum 22 01-04-2013 11:53 AM
The FTF Glock Project Thread - Haters & FanBoys Can Suck It! Dillinger DIY Projects 64 02-08-2012 02:05 PM
Glock haters gonna hate Seven Glock Forum 6 01-31-2012 04:43 PM
Even cat haters will smile. spittinfire The Club House 25 11-24-2010 12:42 AM



Newest Threads