Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #161
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 917 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Glocks are like attractive girls, some people get it, others never do. lol

Old 02-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #162

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAKEUPBRUTAL View Post
LMFAO!!! Love it : ) another thing, in an earlier post you said you were looking for a 1911 and said you don't have $1500 to drop on one.... So I honestly doubt you sold a $500 handgun for $50.....
No, no, no, I said that I have $1500 to spend on one. The XD is not an imporvement, did you read the last post?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #163

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Glocks are like attractive girls, some people get it, others never do. lol
and some just don't get what the they are for or what to do with them.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #164

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
Oh great, who let the XD boy out of the basement? You can't compare an XD with a glock not can you compare it a 1911 just because it has a grip safety. XDs are on of the worlds biggest POS on the market. They are even worse than a Hi-point. I own a hi-point and used to own an XD. I sold the XD for $50 and it had about 30 rounds thru it. I just wanted to get rid of the thing it was a horrid piece of crap.
Wow you're getting your fanboy thing on hard core aintcha?? You made the statement that the OP never one a Glock and wont but you trash a XD to the point that your top shelf highpoint is better? Put the lid back on the bore cleraner spanky and open a window. As IB has said he owned a Glock, I owned a few. So besides the Glock and that really cool hi-point just what have you had in your gun stash? From your posts all I"m seeing is you like guns htat have the feel of a 2x4 and think that's just great. And that is fine..for you. But you obviously have no working knowledge of other handguns or you could not make the statement you have. I'll give you props on the Glock copy Sigma.And they are, don't fool yourself. I've owned one of those too. Along wit hthe other god knows how many different handguns since I was young and cool.

Face a cold, hard fact. A Glock while being a fine weapon given it's several limitations is not the end all be all of handguns. I would go so far to say if it was not for the marketing campaign of Glock they would not share near the market they do. THe reason they do sell well over some other striker fired weapons is the deals they give out to LEO. They are going to get that money back someplace. It's been said that in the beginning that they did not ant to sell to anyone but military and police. I'm not 100% on that but I've heard that since the early 90's. At any rate it's pretty simple business to run a sale to group A and make it back on group B. The idea that they are not made to allow for certain types of rounds that would be more prevalent in the private sector leads me to believe that they do not make them with the civilian market in mind.

But yeah, you can compare the Glock to the XD in that they are both military style handguns that are striker fired and simple to operate. And in that comparison the XD has better ergonomics, a more manageable recoil, allows for a more wide variety of ammo. Glock wins on the aftermarket front and the rabid following of their fanboys.

Out of the several striker fired handguns I have owned the only to fail on me was a Glock. It was a Gen 1 that had that flimsy ass guide rod that when it heated up could allow the gun to not cycle properly. Changing to to a steel rod solved the problem but I wouldn't trust it anymore so it was replaced.

I would think before you got to opening your can of flame that you might think about the people that you are aiming it at. Several people gave valid points to their not elevating the Glock to mythic status. At it's core it seems the consensus is that the limitations outweigh the idea that it is easy enough to operate and being it's loose fit (like most combat weapons) allows for more crud to get in there before there is a failure. In the end there are other pistols that can fill the need and do so at a better price point while being similar in design and function. The fact that they do not say Glock does not make them junk.

Glocks are fine if you are OK with the limits. But there is a reason that they make other guns. Because all people are not all fanboys. An that is for a reason.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #165
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 917 Times on 604 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
and some just don't get what the they are for or what to do with them.
I have figured out what to do with the Glock, but my wife made me quit trying to figure out women. lol

One of my favorite comics has a line, " I have been married 15 years, and I have not so much as looked at another woman, I am that discouraged!" lol

I got that beat, 30 years!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #166

Liked 133 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Glock's ARE good for something!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #167

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16

Oh great, who let the XD boy out of the basement? You can't compare an XD with a glock not can you compare it a 1911 just because it has a grip safety. XDs are on of the worlds biggest POS on the market. They are even worse than a Hi-point. I own a hi-point and used to own an XD. I sold the XD for $50 and it had about 30 rounds thru it. I just wanted to get rid of the thing it was a horrid piece of crap.
Hey. Don't take the Glock imperfection out on the XDs.
image-2298195525.jpg  
Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #168

Quote:

yup. that about sums it up. But on the other hand if someone is shooting their Glock at you or in your dircetion, the chances of it jamming are next to nothing. So hope that they are slow on the reload.
They will if the mag is stuck.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #169

Quote:

Thay are not so much over priced are some of the others on the market. We'll take the XD for one. $500 for an XD? or I think I saw one for $429 about a week ago. What do you get for the money. A crappy trigger with a gun that has more safeties than a nuke base, it taje 2 people to take it aprt and put back together, one uncomforable grip as most of the plasic guns are except Ruger's, and a meatl slide that moves on plastic. at least the Glock slide moves on metal points.
There are lots of POS guns out ther that are over priced. infact there are great guns out there that are over priced. Take the 1911 for example. We know that they can be made and sold for a heathy profit for $400. And now you can get them in Aluminum which is alot cheaper than steel for as much as $6K. the average 1911 with manf'r that has a good name is between $1500 to $3000. I think tose are WAY over priced.
I am completely convinced you have never shot much less know anything about the XD.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #170

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I can castrate a gnat at 15 yards with my brothers service model xd 45.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

DrumJunkie Likes This