Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 135 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
You can disagree with me until you are blue in the face and humping an alligator. You do not own a Glock, you have never owned a Glock and you probably will never own a a Glock. I own two of them. I know that with the Sigma 40 that I loved so much and put thousands upon thousands of round thru, The muzzle flip was much greater than on either one of my Glocks. The target aquesition was not as fast as the glocks and that is not because of barrel placement but the grip angle. The Sigma and the Glock had identical barrel placement in regard to the distance above center and the only difference is the grip angle. This is also the case with every other hand gun that i own with the more vertical grip angle. the muzzle flip is greater. When I first got the 21 I was so impressed that the sight picture did not change when I was firing the gun and I could fire all 10 rounds rapidly and place them all on target. I have npot been able to let 10 rounds go in under a second with anyother of my guns while keeping them all on target are 25 yards. I would say that has something tpo do with the design of the gun.
"IF" I could ever get past the feel of the Glock, maybe, just maybe, I could move along and experience all these things you are saying.
Believe me, I have tried! I have shot my gun buddies Glock's and even went as far as renting them at my LGS range, to try and "like" them!
If they were less "boxy" feeling, and kept it's current reputation, I would buy one. I'm sorry, I just don't like being armed with a "2X4."

Old 02-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #152

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16

You can disagree with me until you are blue in the face and humping an alligator. You do not own a Glock, you have never owned a Glock and you probably will never own a a Glock. I own two of them. I know that with the Sigma 40 that I loved so much and put thousands upon thousands of round thru, The muzzle flip was much greater than on either one of my Glocks. The target aquesition was not as fast as the glocks and that is not because of barrel placement but the grip angle. The Sigma and the Glock had identical barrel placement in regard to the distance above center and the only difference is the grip angle. This is also the case with every other hand gun that i own with the more vertical grip angle. the muzzle flip is greater. When I first got the 21 I was so impressed that the sight picture did not change when I was firing the gun and I could fire all 10 rounds rapidly and place them all on target. I have npot been able to let 10 rounds go in under a second with anyother of my guns while keeping them all on target are 25 yards. I would say that has something tpo do with the design of the gun.
I own a glock. The grip is for ergonomics not recoil reduction. The low bore access is the reason for the reduced muzzle flip. But for some reason the recoil seams more controllable on my XD.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #153

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't like being armed with a "2X4."
If Obama gets hi way that is the only damn thing that you will be armed with.

You can get those slip one grip things that make it a little rounder. Whatever I am not here to force you to shoot a Glock. As you know I have some problems with the as well. Some of the floks here are saying that i am not making Glocks look like a good gun. But its true. Glocks can not only not handle lead ammo but if you use enough of them and do not clean the barrel with a metal brush to get all of the leading out then you will probably lose a finger when the gun explodes in your hand. Same goes with using +p+ rounds. The gun can handle one or two but after that, i would not want to be anywhere close to the person shooting them.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #154

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

So what I'm getting out of this is that a glock is a good gun. As long as you. Don't mind an ugly gun. Don't reload. Don't use cast ammo. Don't use +p ammo. Don't use +p+ ammo. Don't mind the fact that if you do use the ammo listed you might blow up your gun. Replace the trigger. Don't mind swelling mags. Don't mind the grip angle. Don't mind not having a safety. Don't mind an over priced gun. Don't mind a crappy guide rod/recoil spring. (Unless you have gen4 even they are questionable).

Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I own a glock. The grip is for ergonomics not recoil reduction. The low bore access is the reason for the reduced muzzle flip. But for some reason the recoil seams more controllable on my XD.
Oh great, who let the XD boy out of the basement? You can't compare an XD with a glock not can you compare it a 1911 just because it has a grip safety. XDs are on of the worlds biggest POS on the market. They are even worse than a Hi-point. I own a hi-point and used to own an XD. I sold the XD for $50 and it had about 30 rounds thru it. I just wanted to get rid of the thing it was a horrid piece of crap.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #156

Quote:
So what I'm getting out of this is that a glock is a good gun. As long as you. Don't mind an ugly gun. Don't reload. Don't use cast ammo. Don't use +p ammo. Don't use +p+ ammo. Don't mind the fact that if you do use the ammo listed you might blow up your gun. Replace the trigger. Don't mind swelling mags. Don't mind the grip angle. Don't mind not having a safety. Don't mind an over priced gun. Don't mind a crappy guide rod/recoil spring. (Unless you have gen4 even they are questionable).
yup. that about sums it up. But on the other hand if someone is shooting their Glock at you or in your dircetion, the chances of it jamming are next to nothing. So hope that they are slow on the reload.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:28 PM   #157

Liked 135 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
lbwar15, I can't answer some of those Q?s because I have yet to get over the "feel."
But I do agree, it is F-ugly, I have seen videos of them blowing up, and they are so over priced!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
and they are so over priced!
Thay are not so much over priced are some of the others on the market. We'll take the XD for one. $500 for an XD? or I think I saw one for $429 about a week ago. What do you get for the money. A crappy trigger with a gun that has more safeties than a nuke base, it taje 2 people to take it aprt and put back together, one uncomforable grip as most of the plasic guns are except Ruger's, and a meatl slide that moves on plastic. at least the Glock slide moves on metal points.
There are lots of POS guns out ther that are over priced. infact there are great guns out there that are over priced. Take the 1911 for example. We know that they can be made and sold for a heathy profit for $400. And now you can get them in Aluminum which is alot cheaper than steel for as much as $6K. the average 1911 with manf'r that has a good name is between $1500 to $3000. I think tose are WAY over priced.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #159

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post

Oh great, who let the XD boy out of the basement? You can't compare an XD with a glock not can you compare it a 1911 just because it has a grip safety. XDs are on of the worlds biggest POS on the market. They are even worse than a Hi-point. I own a hi-point and used to own an XD. I sold the XD for $50 and it had about 30 rounds thru it. I just wanted to get rid of the thing it was a horrid piece of crap.
Ha! Touch a nerve? I think the sudden realization that someone took the Glock idea and massively improved it oh, and incorporated a grip safety gave you such a deep seated and emotional response as to make you have a sudden transference of emotion to the current example you had. So you had to immediately remove the object of your transference.
I know, I know it sucks to have your idols dismantled before your very eyes. With therapy and more examples of guns made with superior ideology you will heal from your emotional scars.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

Ha! Touch a nerve? I think the sudden realization that someone took the Glock idea and massively improved it oh, and incorporated a grip safety gave you such a deep seated and emotional response as to make you have a sudden transference of emotion to the current example you had. So you had to immediately remove the object of your transference.
I know, I know it sucks to have your idols dismantled before your very eyes. With therapy and more examples of guns made with superior ideology you will heal from your emotional scars.
LMFAO!!! Love it : ) another thing, in an earlier post you said you were looking for a 1911 and said you don't have $1500 to drop on one.... So I honestly doubt you sold a $500 handgun for $50.....

Last edited by WAKEUPBRUTAL; 02-07-2013 at 08:21 PM.