Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I really don't hate the Glock, I just don't like the grip angle and I did have a major failure with the one and only that I have owned. Got poor(no service) service from their customer service the one time I called. Three strikes and they are out. Sold what was left of the gun for parts.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #142

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Me, I like em, now. used to be weary of them but gave one a try at a range shoot.

Just so I admitt, I have had opportunities to shoot 1911's, beretta storms/92's, browning hi-power, an XD, walther ppk and one or two other full size semiautos/clones. I got my first glock because i got a police carried used one at a song. all documentation & accessories, two mags, the original carry case etc. while the upper looked worn on the outside, the insides were like new. My guess was that it was only used during range practice and spent most of it's life in the holster. it cost me $250 just 4 yrs ago. would I buy another? yes. would I also buy a different pistol? sure, if the price were right AND it fit my needs at that time.

just my &.02

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #143

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
I think when the mags were made 100% from polymer that happened, the swelling issue. Tha mags now are Stainless steel with a coating of polymer. It does not happen any more or at least I have never had it happen to me. I have let loose 200 rounds rapid fire fire and the performed flawlessly, That word has too many L's
Nope, its a problem with the stainless ones also. Recently used a Glock 21 with the problem and i was wondering how a plastic over metal mag had this problem.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #144

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Eating out, ten armed gang members walk into the restaurant wearing colors and are pissed off, with sawed off shotguns and Glocks.

In the Malay that follows, people hurt, people killed, and you have how much ammo in that mag? An extra mag has how many?

If your dancing partner brings dancing shoes, and you wear penny loafers, talking big won't help you dance up to speed.

I keep 19 rounds in my Glock 20, and a second 18 round mag in the holster. If I worry about my surroundings, I have three more mags close by.

I hope it never comes to that, but I won't be in a fight to start pissed, and at the end of the fight, pissing
And one 8 round mag in the pistol and a double IWB mag pouch gives me 25 rounds on my Para. There's a couple more in the car if I can get there. If I need more than that I musty have taken a wrong turn at Albuquerque We can talk scenarios till high tide on premise beach but being I'm not a cop I don't find myself in places that I think I need ammo like you are talking about. If I did then I'd move. No food is worth that. I've been in some bad situations in the past (I used to be a city kid too) but never felt the need for 40 rounds on my person. In you're scenario you must need body armor and a set up that would make Gecko45 proud.

A comet could land in my back yard tomorrow but I don't think it's likely. I guess I'd be in the same shape in that restaurant. But being I am just a stump jumper in a small town in Kentucky I don't bother with thinking roving gangs are going to come into the restaurant and ask to dance.Anm if they did I would no tbe the only one armed. Hell, the old greasy spoon in town I eat in if there are ten old farmers having supper there will be at least six revolvers sticking out of overall pockets and a couple semis. And behind the counter is even more. Situational awareness is great. Everyone should practice it. It's why I don't put myself in bad situations. If my home town was that bad..Again...move.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #145

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
I really don't hate the Glock, I just don't like the grip angle and I did have a major failure with the one and only that I have owned. Got poor(no service) service from their customer service the one time I called. Three strikes and they are out. Sold what was left of the gun for parts.
The grip angle is the very thing that makes Glock such a great gun. When you fire a Glock the recoil comes straight back and the muzzle flip is greatly reduced.
So you were firing +p and +p+, or lead ammo from your Glock and it it exploded in your hand. LOL. They warn you about this in the Owners manual which you did not read because you know everthing. I hate to be the one to put it like that to you, but that sure is what it sounds like. You are not willing to descibe what happened so we need to draw our own conculsions.

Eber gun that I have ever purchased, I have read cover to cover before I shoot the gun. This include when I bought a G17 and then bought a G21. It was alot of the same info if not all the same info but I still read it because there is a clear warning lable to READ THIS BEFORE OPERATING.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #146

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's not a +p issue as much as it is a polygonal rifling issue and led bullets. If you cast your own like many do then a Glock of any kind is not a pistol to look at.
It's kind of interesting you mention grip angle as a recoil mgmt. thing that it is. Most will say it's the lower bore axis.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #147

Liked 132 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
The grip angle is the very thing that makes Glock such a great gun.
Hey buddy, I have to diagree with you here. This, along with the "2X4" feel of the grip is why I dislike Glock.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #148

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
Hey buddy, I have to diagree with you here. This, along with the "2X4" feel of the grip is why I dislike Glock.
You can disagree with me until you are blue in the face and humping an alligator. You do not own a Glock, you have never owned a Glock and you probably will never own a a Glock. I own two of them. I know that with the Sigma 40 that I loved so much and put thousands upon thousands of round thru, The muzzle flip was much greater than on either one of my Glocks. The target aquesition was not as fast as the glocks and that is not because of barrel placement but the grip angle. The Sigma and the Glock had identical barrel placement in regard to the distance above center and the only difference is the grip angle. This is also the case with every other hand gun that i own with the more vertical grip angle. the muzzle flip is greater. When I first got the 21 I was so impressed that the sight picture did not change when I was firing the gun and I could fire all 10 rounds rapidly and place them all on target. I have npot been able to let 10 rounds go in under a second with anyother of my guns while keeping them all on target are 25 yards. I would say that has something tpo do with the design of the gun.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #149

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16

The grip angle is the very thing that makes Glock such a great gun. When you fire a Glock the recoil comes straight back and the muzzle flip is greatly reduced.
So you were firing +p and +p+, or lead ammo from your Glock and it it exploded in your hand. LOL. They warn you about this in the Owners manual which you did not read because you know everthing. I hate to be the one to put it like that to you, but that sure is what it sounds like. You are not willing to descibe what happened so we need to draw our own conculsions.

Eber gun that I have ever purchased, I have read cover to cover before I shoot the gun. This include when I bought a G17 and then bought a G21. It was alot of the same info if not all the same info but I still read it because there is a clear warning lable to READ THIS BEFORE OPERATING.
That's not helping the glocks are good case any. If you can't shoot any kind of ammo you won't then it is junk. But that's just my OP.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #150

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut

I will say the glock grip is a little better than it was. They shaved an 1/8 off on the gen4's