Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 14
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
Glocks have more customizations available than any other gun in the world! If you're going to customize a gun do it to a glock!... or a 1911
Really? As to an aftermarket I would think Gaston's guns have about 70 years to catch up on the aftermarket. The thing I find interesting about the two most altered pistols is the 1911 people seem to do it more for ascetics or they are like me and left handed and change the safety. Even that I don't do unless it's a carry piece.

Like I said before though, I've owned them and they do work. Being they are not the tightest fit gun out there accuracy is not the best especially wit ha stock out the box trigger. But they are kind of the AK of the pistol world in they where built to where about anyone can take one apart and get it back together. Even that though is not enough to make me want to carry one again. THe last one I had as a 19 that I did a good bit of work on to make it a half way decent pistol. Then I got a 226 Sig and the Glock was about as useful as a paperweight to me. But I'll still take my old outdated, useless 1911 over both. Great trigger, scary accurate, fits like a glove, and I wont need a full mag to get doen what needs done.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #132

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Eating out, ten armed gang members walk into the restaurant wearing colors and are pissed off, with sawed off shotguns and Glocks.

In the Malay that follows, people hurt, people killed, and you have how much ammo in that mag? An extra mag has how many?

If your dancing partner brings dancing shoes, and you wear penny loafers, talking big won't help you dance up to speed.

I keep 19 rounds in my Glock 20, and a second 18 round mag in the holster. If I worry about my surroundings, I have three more mags close by.

I hope it never comes to that, but I won't be in a fight to start pissed, and at the end of the fight, pissing
Ruger_Nut Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #133

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
Eating out, ten armed gang members walk into the restaurant wearing colors and are pissed off, with sawed off shotguns and Glocks.

In the Malay that follows, people hurt, people killed, and you have how much ammo in that mag? An extra mag has how many?

If your dancing partner brings dancing shoes, and you wear penny loafers, talking big won't help you dance up to speed.

I keep 19 rounds in my Glock 20, and a second 18 round mag in the holster. If I worry about my surroundings, I have three more mags close by.

I hope it never comes to that, but I won't be in a fight to start pissed, and at the end of the fight, pissing
There are plenty of double stack options. That have everything a glock dose not.
Ruger_Nut Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #134

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

So you would go 1 against 10 when the assailants have equal to superior firepower and numbers? Is your Glock somehow magical that the hail of gunfire in your direction is all going to miss you? Since the swollen mag will stick and you will have to rip it free the fight will be over at your first reload.
And if the gangster actually knows something about guns then the XDm he will be carrying holds 19+1 and your still screwed as all his subsequent reloads will have 19.
The Glock lovers logic confounds me.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #135

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

So you would go 1 against 10 when the assailants have equal to superior firepower and numbers? Is your Glock somehow magical that the hail of gunfire in your direction is all going to miss you? Since the swollen mag will stick and you will have to rip it free the fight will be over at your first reload.
And if the gangster actually knows something about guns then the XDm he will be carrying holds 19+1 and your still screwed as all his subsequent reloads will have 19.
So what gen mags are swelling? I have a gen 3 G35 and haven't had any problems. Any info would be great, thanks.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #136

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post

So what gen mags are swelling? I have a gen 3 G35 and haven't had any problems. Any info would be great, thanks.
I know of many gen 1 & 2 mags doing this. Don't know if they have remedied the problem but, i do know this. I have seen this many times at the range on newer Glocks as well although I admittedly did not care to ask what generation Glock was giving them problems.
Stripping mags seems to be an acceptable thing for Glock shooters. Until they use a gun that doesn't and understand it's not a normal practice.
As another poster said ignorance of other weapons systems usually contributes to Glock love.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson
Ruger_Nut Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #137

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty

I know of many gen 1 & 2 mags doing this. Don't know if they have remedied the problem but, i do know this. I have seen this many times at the range on newer Glocks as well although I admittedly did not care to ask what generation Glock was giving them problems.
Stripping mags seems to be an acceptable thing for Glock shooters. Until they use a gun that doesn't and understand it's not a normal practice.
As another poster said ignorance of other weapons systems usually contributes to Glock love.
That's the problem with alot of any "fan boy". That's why I purchase different brands of firearms. I only have the one GLOCK.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #138

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Eating out, ten armed gang members
Why were yoiu doing this. TMI dude

Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
You tell'em. He is living in a dream world. However if everyone in the diner was armed that may be a different story. If the state gov allowed everyone or even required everyone to carry a gun it never would happen. But to think that 1 guy with one gun could take out 10 guys that were heavily armed is not likely unless you were a camp speed shooter and that is pushing it too.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #140

I think when the mags were made 100% from polymer that happened, the swelling issue. Tha mags now are Stainless steel with a coating of polymer. It does not happen any more or at least I have never had it happen to me. I have let loose 200 rounds rapid fire fire and the performed flawlessly, That word has too many L's