Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

This subject has been done to death and I still find myself opening every new post and reading all the feedback.....something about a Glock. I really tried to convince myself that glocks aren't that great, or reliable, or durable and that they are ugly and who cares about their service record .....they can't be that good. I have found out that I cannot even convince myself that glocks aren't fantastic weapons

Old 02-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #112

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut

I just like to know if there others out there like me that are your everyday average gun guy, that does not put Glock on a throne and worship them everyday as the supreme gun of all times!
Yes, they ARE reliable! Yes, they ARE battle proven! Yes, they ARE a great choice of firearm that will go "BANG" everytime it is needed! But, I prefer OTHER guns over them!
But why? What's better about these other guns other than looks. I keep hearing people say Glocks suck and are ugly but no specifics. I can understand that it just may not fit certain people's hands because we're all different but why else?

I will tell you that I love my Glock cause I did a lot of research and found that its praised over just about everything except looks and especially it's quality, reliability, and accuracy. I went to a gun shop and put one in my hands and it felt great. So, I ordered on. When it got here i took it out of the box and shot it flawlessly. And I believe fully that it will remain that way. I haven't tried it under water or anything. No torture tests yet. But, I h e seen on YouTube where many of other people have and the Glock always wins against every other handgun.

Nate from WV, live in NC

Old 02-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #113

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate882004

But why? What's better about these other guns other than looks. I keep hearing people say Glocks suck and are ugly but no specifics. I can understand that it just may not fit certain people's hands because we're all different but why else?

I will tell you that I love my Glock cause I did a lot of research and found that its praised over just about everything except looks and especially it's quality, reliability, and accuracy. I went to a gun shop and put one in my hands and it felt great. So, I ordered on. When it got here i took it out of the box and shot it flawlessly. And I believe fully that it will remain that way. I haven't tried it under water or anything. No torture tests yet. But, I h e seen on YouTube where many of other people have and the Glock always wins against every other handgun.
But why? Well the unsupported chamber is a good start. Pol riffling is also another negative. And yea I see your point. It was on YouTube so it must be true.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #114

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

1. Mushy trigger, other than Taurus and some older cz's I've never shot a handgun with a worse feeling trigger. Those of you touting the trigger have obviously never shot a really nice gun. Out of the box they SUCK!
2. Mags swell and do not fall free. This is huge for speed reloading and Glocks are the absolute worst at it.
3. Trigger "safety". See Glock leg = re holstering issues.
4. The ergonomics suck nuts, why do I need to have something in front of my face that looks like the upper deck of an aircraft carrier? The sights are tiny compared to the surface area of the flat top. See Springfield XDm for reference to an ergonomic fix.
5. Unsupported chamber, this has already been addressed.
6. Polygonal rifling, if you like reloading lead you have to change the barrel so it doesn't blow up in your hands.
Aside from hi point these are the ugliest guns on the market. Reliable? That's a matter of fact. My Springfield XDm is as reliable and a hell of a lot easier on the eyes and hands.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #115

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut

We had a great winter with plenty of rain. Actually, it helped get the season started earlier than usual.
Locally, the crawfish are $1.75-$2.25 lb. live, which is down over a dollar at this time last year.
I predict when they peak in May-June they will be $1 lb or less, live.
C'est si bon, Sha'!
Awww heck yeah. That's right, it's crawfish season. I'm doing a boil at my house here soon. Maybe throw some shrimp in there too. Mmmmm.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 249 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 102

Poly rifling on Glocks is a problem but don't blame the rifling because Glock can't or wont do it right. HK engineers have figured out how to do this and Kahr PM has it as well.etc. I've been shooting lead in my HK USP since 1995 w/o issue and it is extremely accurate. My USP was only $522.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #117

I don't understand how anyone can say one gun is a piece of crap. My first gun was a taurus and it worked well for me, no misfires for me. I then graduated to a glock 17. Great gun and has never failed me. Now I will say the glock is a much better gun but, by no means is the taurus a pos. both guns matched a certain price point in my life. The taurus was my entry level gun but has I saved I went to the next step. Just my .02 cents

Old 02-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #118

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan109 View Post
I don't understand how anyone can say one gun is a piece of crap. My first gun was a taurus and it worked well for me, no misfires for me. I then graduated to a glock 17. Great gun and has never failed me. Now I will say the glock is a much better gun but, by no means is the taurus a pos. both guns matched a certain price point in my life. The taurus was my entry level gun but has I saved I went to the next step. Just my .02 cents
It's called "experience".

I'm not saying Glocks are a POS... just that when you get a bit more patina on your bones and reach the age where you've owned and shot every platform out there... You realize that Glocks are a perfectly serviceable sidearm... Worth about $400 new... But selling much higher.

Demand drives the price and most of that demand is generated by reviews from inexperienced shooter who buy them bacause "that what cops carry" and are very proud of their first or second handgun... but they are rating it without the experience to do so...having never spent time behind trully high quality pistols.

To each their own... I just don't find too many "experienced" shooters who've spent time behind guns like Browning Hi Powers, High End 1911's, or even CZ's single action guns coming away from that experience still talking about Glock Perfection.

Tack
Old 02-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #119

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

It's called "experience".

I'm not saying Glocks are a POS... just that when you get a bit more patina on your bones and reach the age where you've owned and shot every platform out there... You realize that Glocks are a perfectly serviceable sidearm... Worth about $400 new... But selling much higher.

Demand drives the price and most of that demand is generated by reviews from inexperienced shooter who buy them bacause "that what cops carry" and are very proud of their first or second handgun... but they are rating it without the experience to do so...having never spent time behind trully high quality pistols.

To each their own... I just don't find too many "experienced" shooters who've spent time behind guns like Browning Hi Powers, High End 1911's, or even CZ's single action guns coming away from that experience still talking about Glock Perfection.

Tack
Most people who are in love with glocks and only glocks don't have experience with many other platforms. Notice I said most not all. I know there are some die hard glock fans that have shot plenty of other guns. And I'm sure you like glock for a reason. But I hate when people thank glock is the holy grail. And when you asked them how well they shot the XD, sig, M&P or anything elts. They say well I have only shot glocks.

I actually had a friend like that. He had a G21. It is all he would ever talk about "glock this glock that". He did not even know I had a XD45 bc he would not stop praising glock long enuf for me to tell him. We went to the range. I pulled out my XD and he did not even know what it was. After shooting it he loved it. 2 weeks after he showed me his XD45 tactical. I asked ware the glock was. He sold it.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #120

Liked 135 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Ok, you Glockers, Glockies, GlockoNuts, whatever you are calling yourself, have hit my "old" WHY I DISLIKE GLOCK nerve!

"When you get together I bet you all put your Glocks in a pile, form a circle around them, then _______ (insert word) off onto them!"

Ahhhh, finally, it's off my chest!