Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

[QUOTE=AR10;1126420]The external safety issue is well covered by spending lunch money on an external trigger block safety. I use Safe T Blok.

Why in Gods name is your Glock covered with bright green and pink paint? Does this mean that you bring you gun to bars and clubbing when you are drinking?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #102
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 587 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Yes, but I never leave the house, and only drink straight mt dew. Lol

Last edited by AR10; 02-06-2013 at 03:59 PM.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #103

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Yes, but I never leave the house, and only drink straight mt dew. Lol
Why is your Glock painted bright green and bright pink? The reason it is black for for como reasons

Old 02-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #104

Liked 133 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
Why is your Glock painted bright green and bright pink? The reason it is black for for como reasons

"Oh, AR, your Glock is so purty!"

Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #105

Liked 4565 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
I agree on the safety. You can't always override certain bodily reactions. Clenching is one that can happen when faced with a stressful scenario. Glock "safeties" do nothing to prevent that. While I always keep my finger off the trigger til I'm ready to shoot I want something in place to prevent a clench reaction or in case my finger slips. For those that say "well if your finger slipped its your own damn fault!" Well no ****! But I want safeties that will prevent me from potentially ****ing up and costing me my leg or worse a life. A manual safety takes 1/4 of a second to manipulate but can save you from a lifetime of sorrow.
This is what "practical shooting competitions" are for...

I used to attend an NRA Action Pistol Competition every month out in Estacada Oregon.

Timed engagements from the holster scored on both speed and accuracy. You learn very quickly that speed with out accuracy is useless and you focus on the basics...while under stress...

This allows you to built speed safely, trains you to deactivate your safety after you clear the holster, and keep that trigger finger indexed until your sights are on target.

Training prevents ND's... Relying on manual safeties "ensures" them.

Not trying to toot my own horn but between military service, daily CCW, and volunteer RSO, I've been consistently armed for over 20 years and never ND'd a live round because I recognize that the only sure safety is the one between my ears.

Tack

Tack

Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #106

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

There's a reason there are so many different kinds of handguns out there. Because there is no one perfect gun I've owned a few Glocks and fired many. I never have had one that I thought was a true great fit for me. But I"ll say prett ymuch the same tihng for all striker fired pistols. I know Glock and the lower bore axis, Glock has so many safeties, Cops all use them because they love them and it has nothnig to do with the clever Glock marketing dept.

They do feel better then they did. But they still are not right...for me. But like I'm told a full size 1911 is just not comfortable to carry all day I don't believe everything fanboys and haters say. I try it myself and make a choice. And that's my advice to others. There's a lot out there to choose from. And there's a reason for that.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #107
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Well, I think I'm going to throw some gas on the fire.

GLOCK vs Springfield XD. Personally, I love the XDs. The first handgun I ever shot was a XD, and I'm a decent shot with one.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #108

Liked 133 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Well, I think I'm going to throw some gas on the fire.

GLOCK vs Springfield XD. Personally, I love the XDs. The first handgun I ever shot was a XD, and I'm a decent shot with one.
Man, the XD's are awesome! Great firearms!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #109
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 881 Times on 587 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I keep furniture on my Glock, just cause. I am an artist, and I get wild hairs. It has been 100% digital camo, Hello Kitty, and others. Fun to have something a little different.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #110

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215
If you are buying guns strictly on looks....maybe look into your priorities as a gun owner?

As a safe queen gun, sure....nobody in their right mind buys Glock. People buy Glock & choose it as a primary carry gun because 99.9999% of the time it will come through when you need it most.

Byt the way have you ever held/carried/fired a Glock? My guess is no. You would instantly get beyond the boxy look and fall in love with the design & functionality instantly.
I totally agree with SS215. I love my Glock cause it fits in my hand comfortably and hasn't had a problem yet and I haven't met a single person yet that has used one and didnt love it. Not the safest but its the easiest and most reliable. And perfectly accurate straight out of the box.

Love my Glock

Nate from WV, live in NC