Glock (Haters) Dislikers - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock (Haters) Dislikers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 135 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcd390 View Post
Heck YEAH!!!!!

Opps Im sorry were you guys saying something about guns????
We had a great winter with plenty of rain. Actually, it helped get the season started earlier than usual.
Locally, the crawfish are $1.75-$2.25 lb. live, which is down over a dollar at this time last year.
I predict when they peak in May-June they will be $1 lb or less, live.
C'est si bon, Sha'!

Last edited by Ruger_Nut; 02-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:48 PM   #92

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

there are always the ruger line.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector16 View Post
there are always the ruger line.
What do you mean?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1585 Times on 1082 Posts
Likes Given: 546

I can't say there was anything wrong with the Glock I bought and sold. I was brought up shooting revolvers. I prefer SA/DA semi-autos because the can be used by people with revolver only experience with very little training.

Another issue I had with the Glock is it's safety mechanism. If someone tried to disarm me before I got a Glock clear of holster I would likely shoot myself. Glock fanboys say just keep your finger off the trigger. I am not naive enough to think I can override the natural urge to clench to maintain control of the weapon.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #95

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

I agree on the safety. You can't always override certain bodily reactions. Clenching is one that can happen when faced with a stressful scenario. Glock "safeties" do nothing to prevent that. While I always keep my finger off the trigger til I'm ready to shoot I want something in place to prevent a clench reaction or in case my finger slips. For those that say "well if your finger slipped its your own damn fault!" Well no ****! But I want safeties that will prevent me from potentially ****ing up and costing me my leg or worse a life. A manual safety takes 1/4 of a second to manipulate but can save you from a lifetime of sorrow.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #96

I'm guessing y'all like the thumb safety on the M&P. I have shot both, with and without. I prefer the M&P without the thumb safety.

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I should start a Glock VS M&P thread.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #97

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
I'm guessing y'all like the thumb safety on the M&P. I have shot both, with and without. I prefer the M&P without the thumb safety.

Already been killed and beaten. Please don't. I had an M&P and sold it. Hated the trigger. I'm a Ruger/1911 fan.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #98
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post

At the top left side of this page, there is a white search bar. Search the site, there is a good chance that thread has already been created.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #99
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 949 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I can't say there was anything wrong with the Glock I bought and sold. I was brought up shooting revolvers. I prefer SA/DA semi-autos because the can be used by people with revolver only experience with very little training.

Another issue I had with the Glock is it's safety mechanism. If someone tried to disarm me before I got a Glock clear of holster I would likely shoot myself. Glock fanboys say just keep your finger off the trigger. I am not naive enough to think I can override the natural urge to clench to maintain control of the weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
I agree on the safety. You can't always override certain bodily reactions. Clenching is one that can happen when faced with a stressful scenario. Glock "safeties" do nothing to prevent that. While I always keep my finger off the trigger til I'm ready to shoot I want something in place to prevent a clench reaction or in case my finger slips. For those that say "well if your finger slipped its your own damn fault!" Well no ****! But I want safeties that will prevent me from potentially ****ing up and costing me my leg or worse a life. A manual safety takes 1/4 of a second to manipulate but can save you from a lifetime of sorrow.
The external safety issue is well covered by spending lunch money on an external trigger block safety. I use Safe T Blok.

Had my Glock 20 with me cocked and locked for over 20 years. I appreciate the locked function this device brings to my firearm. If someone gets my handgun away from me in a fight, it is useless to them, as they cannot shoot the gun not understanding what is preventing the gun from shooting.

forumrunner_20130206_104153.jpg

Old 02-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #100

Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am not naive enough to think I can override the natural urge to clench to maintain control of the weapon.
You have never had a Glock. I can tell this for one reason.
You say that "if someone tried to disarm you before you got the glock clear of the holster you would likely shhot yourself".
I have a question for you then. How do you put your finger on the trigger if it is still in the holster? Do you have one of those holsters that only hold the barrel of the gun. Every holter that I have see that fit a Glock cober the trigger and the gun must be clear of the holster before your finger can event touch the trigger.