Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Haters

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #521
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
Glock haters are the ones that bought the wrong pistol and regret their decision, the money they spent, and the wife was now pissed, and they have a gun that is not as good as the Glock they should have bought...LOL
Yeahhh except I've never made the mistake of buying a Glock.

Always have clean socks.

therewolf Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #522
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20954 Times on 11906 Posts
Likes Given: 52531

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
Glock haters are the ones that bought the wrong pistol and regret their decision, the money they spent, and the wife was now pissed, and they have a gun that is not as good as the Glock they should have bought...LOL
i have to disagree to an extent. this is my personal observation and my opinion only.

i don't hate Glocks in any shape, fashion, or form. the Glock is simply another brand of pistol. one that i find to be exactly what it's meant to be, no more or less than any other polymer pistol being made and sold. being one of the first ones on the market and still being sold doesn't make it the best or the be all, to end all polymer pistols.

for me personally. a Glock is not the pistol i would go looking for to purchase if looking to buy a polymer pistol. it is the one if one came along at the right price i would buy, but i would never seek one out to buy. i have shot many Glocks over the years, i can actually shoot one pretty decently, even given the grip angle, but i find many other polymer pistols better suited to my hand than the Glock. this in itself doens't make the Glock a bad pistol or choice for others, just my personal preference in pistol designs and fit.

my dislike comes for the Glock Fanboys. many i have seen, have bought a Glock and it's the only pistol they have ever owned or only own Glocks and these people make the claim the Glock is the best pistol ever made and the only one to own. when someone makes such claims when it's the first or only pistol they have ever owned, for me such comments lack credibility. i have owned and shot hundreds of pistols over the years. i have yet to find the perfect pistol or the perfect pistol calibet. it simply doesn't exist and it never will exist. so i have come to the conclusion that Glock Fanboys are simply delusional, ill-informed and buying into a hype that truly never existed in the first place.

would i ever recommend someone buying a Glock if they were looking to buy a pistol? only if the Glock is the pistol that suits their needs and fits them and they can shoot it well. would i buy a Glock? maybe. if the price was right andat the right time, it's quite possible. but in no way because of any hype or that it was the perfect pistol and with any belief it's the only pistol i would ever need. IMO, i think there are others like myself with an assortment of different brands of pistols who laso own a Glock or a couple that feel the way idon this matter.

simple fact is for me, i don't hate Golcks, but just really don't care for the Fanboys of the Glock.
People Like This 
Old 03-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #523

Liked 1878 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 996

It's, it's.............................ALIVE!

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #524

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
I'd never buy one, because, in good conscience, I could never sell one. I'd feel just awful,

if I sold one to someone, who then promptly blew their kizanes off, with one of these

"magically safe" guns, with no external safety.

Last edited by therewolf; 03-08-2014 at 07:23 PM.
JW357 Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 PM   #525
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1127 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I'd never buy one, because, in good conscience, I could never sell one...

Lol, it's very easy to sell them......
Old 03-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #526
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2665 Times on 1550 Posts
Likes Given: 1498

I have found the fanboy everyone's been after!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=C3viQHsBFc4

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #527

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30USMC View Post
Lol, it's very easy to sell them......
OH, absolutely, no doubt there. Billions of people take a dump

daily, too. Doesn't mean a pile of crap is of higher value, by

nature of numerical commonality.

Last edited by therewolf; 03-08-2014 at 07:38 PM.
JW357 Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #528
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 177 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Default Mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
JW357 "doth protest too much, methinks." lol

At one time I would have mirrored that comment but I slowly changed my mind as I used my original G22 Gen 2 to win league after league. I always thought of Glocks as a fad gun that would disappear after a while. I was wrong, and as I experimented with them in ALPS (American League of Practical Shooters, the precursor of IDPA), and in IPSC I found that they are as good as most guns and better than some. While not a fanboy, I view them as a tool just like any other tool. They wear, they break, they work, right out of the box. They are easy to use, easy to learn and easy to teach, but I don't think they are a mistake.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

People Like This 
Old 03-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #529

Liked 401 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I'd never buy one, because, in good conscience, I could never sell one. I'd feel just awful,

if I sold one to someone, who then promptly blew their kizanes off, with one of these

"magically safe" guns, with no external safety.
if your assumptions of glock were correct every owner of a glock would be walking around with a whole in there leg,and ill tell you that aint the case in the thirty+ friends and family that own glocks that i personally know and some are law enforcement but most are not.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

MoHawk Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #530
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by therukh View Post
JW357 "doth protest too much, methinks." lol

At one time I would have mirrored that comment but I slowly changed my mind as I used my original G22 Gen 2 to win league after league. I always thought of Glocks as a fad gun that would disappear after a while. I was wrong, and as I experimented with them in ALPS (American League of Practical Shooters, the precursor of IDPA), and in IPSC I found that they are as good as most guns and better than some. While not a fanboy, I view them as a tool just like any other tool. They wear, they break, they work, right out of the box. They are easy to use, easy to learn and easy to teach, but I don't think they are a mistake.
Not a mistake for you, certainly.

I know myself and my likes of firearms well enough to know it would be a mistake for me.

As I've said before, I've shot Glocks although never owned one. I've held others that I didn't shoot. It doesn't fit my hand well, it doesn't point naturally in my hand, I am less accurate with it than my M&Ps, for example.

So yes, buying a Glock for ME would be a mistake.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Closed Thread