Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock fail (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-fail-65812/)

kmglocks 06-05-2012 01:19 AM

Glock fail

At a cqb pistol class after 500 rds my locking block pin crept out of the side of my gun. I put it back in and it felt like the hole was blown out, weird. This happened today and it makes me sad:(. Any other freak Glock failures out there?

kodiak 06-05-2012 12:12 PM

Do you detail strip your frame often?

If you have detail stripped your frame did you use the correct tool? (ie non tapered punch & no hammer).

Is it possible you did not fully insert the locking block pin upon your last reassemble?

kmglocks 06-05-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kodiak
Do you detail strip your frame often?

If you have detail stripped your frame did you use the correct tool? (ie non tapered punch & no hammer).

Is it possible you did not fully insert the locking block pin upon your last reassemble?

I only strip it once a year, used a glock punch as well.

FragOutInc 06-05-2012 11:22 PM

I would definitely contact glock and tell them about your problems! Glocks are notorious for not having any problems! I would bet they could do something about your problem. What generation was it that your using?

nukinfuts29 06-05-2012 11:24 PM

go more in detail about the "blown out". it should go in fairly easily with some resistance. No idea how you could have worn it out unless something is going on with the locking block.

Very weird, call Glock

kmglocks 06-05-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FragOutInc
I would definitely contact glock and tell them about your problems! Glocks are notorious for not having any problems! I would bet they could do something about your problem. What generation was it that your using?

Gen 3, 3 pin style.

kmglocks 06-05-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
go more in detail about the "blown out". it should go in fairly easily with some resistance. No idea how you could have worn it out unless something is going on with the locking block.

Very weird, call Glock

Well basically as i was shooting, the pin shimmied out about halfway. Mind you, i shot close to 500 rounds when it happened. So, the hole the pin was in seemed to be worn out or blown out as i say it. The pin pushes in and out really easy, never seen that before.

nukinfuts29 06-06-2012 12:15 AM

I haven't either, and my 19 has over 50k rounds through it. I'm going to PM Argyle Armoring and bring him into this, he is brilliant when it comes to gunsmithing and knows a ton about Glocks.

My guess is you have something going on with the block.

Argyle_Armoring 06-06-2012 10:59 AM

Are you reinserting the locking block pin from the right side of the gun? Are I positive you're using the metal pin instead of the plastic pin? It's way to get them confused? Is this an aftermarket pin or Glock OEM pin?

kmglocks 06-06-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
Are you reinserting the locking block pin from the right side of the gun? Are I positive you're using the metal pin instead of the plastic pin? It's way to get them confused? Is this an aftermarket pin or Glock OEM pin?

All stock, right pin too.