Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Ergonomics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Glock Ergonomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
Im not a glock thumper by any means. I do have a glock , its not my favorite gun but it's a damn good gun. My question is, why do people always say that the ergonomics of the glock is one of its negative attributes? In my opinion this is its best attribute. As a matter of fact, my glock 21 points the most natural and feels the best in my hand out of any of my pistols . Does anyone else feel this is way ? When I hold my glock, it feels the most natural out of any pistol I have shot...

I think Glock haters tend to point out the ergonomics of Glock pistols, because it's strictly opinionated and not fact based! It gives people a case for there dislike that really can't be debated! Glock gives all the desired needs for a handgun in a satisfactory to excellent level! They are not fancy or pretty, but for the basic needs of what the overwhelming gun world is looking for Glock delivers in whatever Caliber is desired!! There are a few that approach and even beat Glock in desired needs, but not nearly as many as people gloat about!! And yes I own and like others but I'm most confident when Glock is on my side!!

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Last edited by mahall; 02-07-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
I think Glock haters tend to point out the ergonomics of Glock pistols, because it's strictly opinionated and not fact based! It gives people a case for there dislike that really can't be debated! Glock gives all the desired needs for a handgun in a satisfactory to excellent level! They are not fancy or pretty, but for the basic needs of what the overwhelming gun world is looking for Glock delivers in whatever Caliber is desired!! There are a few that approach and even beat Glock in desired needs, but not nearly as many as people gloat about!! And yes I own and like others but I'm most confident when Glock is on my side!!

I've said before, the other thing I don't like about Glocks is Glock-fan-boys.

People who swear up and down that Glocks are the only handguns worth a damn, or that there aren't other guns in today's market which equal Glock's reliability.

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 10:01 PM   #53

Did I not mention that there were others that approached or beat Glock in desired needs? Pocket bug? Clock fails! Micro 9, that are wildly popular in today's market? Glock fails? Beauty or show guns, via1911? Glock fails! A gun that shoots accurate, dependable as any, and really don't need much TLC to be relied upon! Glock delivers with the best of them!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Did I not mention that there were others that approached or beat Glock in desired needs? Pocket bug? Clock fails! Micro 9, that are wildly popular in today's market? Glock fails? Beauty or show guns, via1911? Glock fails! A gun that shoots accurate, dependable as any, and really don't need much TLC to be relied upon! Glock delivers with the best of them!

The trigger sucks, the ergonomics are similar to a 2x4, they are ugly as sin, lead bullets turn them into a pipe bomb, and there really isn't anything special about them nowadays. The only thing they have going for them is reliability, and even that is not that special. Most semi autos made today are just as reliable, if not more so.

That said, they are still a good gun. Nowhere near the best, but a good gun none the less. I want one chambered in 10mm. Though, I will probably change the trigger, the barrel (I shoot mostly lead), and possibly have the grips reshaped.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
The trigger sucks, the ergonomics are similar to a 2x4, they are ugly as sin, lead bullets turn them into a pipe bomb, and there really isn't anything special about them nowadays. The only thing they have going for them is reliability, and even that is not that special. Most semi autos made today are just as reliable, if not more so.

That said, they are still a good gun. Nowhere near the best, but a good gun none the less. I want one chambered in 10mm. Though, I will probably change the trigger, the barrel (I shoot mostly lead), and possibly have the grips reshaped.
I agree with all that.

I would add, if you're buying new, they aren't really any cheaper than many other guns.

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 02-07-2014 at 10:26 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #56

I personally like Glocks the most, cause you don't have to worry about running home to clean after 50 rounds at the local gun range! About every 3 months is good enough , unless your throwing a ton of brass down range! Run a bore Snake through the barrel, maybe hit the feed ramp with a drop of oil after every trip and your good!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I personally like Glocks the most, cause you don't have to worry about running home to clean after 50 rounds at the local gun range! About every 3 months is good enough , unless your throwing a ton of brass down range! Run a bore Snake through the barrel, maybe hit the feed ramp with a drop of oil after every trip and your good!

Not trying to criticize you but I think that's a little irresponsible.

Just because a gun can go for months without a cleaning doesn't mean it should.

I enjoy cleaning my guns. Its... therapeutic.

_________

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #58
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20859 Times on 11857 Posts
Likes Given: 52397

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL View Post
Sad to see Axxe upset about the SuperBowl .

I don't even follow football, but I watched the game with my wife and kids. (It's a Seattle PNW thing I guess).

I'm sure that the game would have been more exciting if the Bronco's had practiced.

I still don't like the Glock.

didn't even watch the Super Bowl! haven't watched in over ten years. i should probably have rooted for the Broncos, as i was born in Denver, but from what i heard, they didn't even show up for the game!

Quote:

i don't hate or love Glocks, but the ergonomics are different to me as well. that is fact based on my personal preferences though. i have just found other pistols that fit my hand better. but i won't take away from the facts that the Glocks are a solid design and a proven performer, and if the Glock fits a person's hand, then it's a good choice.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #59

Nothing irresponsible about a dirty Glock! That when they are most beautiful!! I'm halfway joking! You can never clean a gun to much! Dirty or clean she(Glock) keeps on running for you, sorta like an old dog that everyone talks about and mistreats, always come back to you wagon it's tail wanting more!

Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #60

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:

Well- you lost me at "hit the feed ramp with a drop of oil"

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This