Glock Ergonomics - Page 15
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Ergonomics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #141
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4119 Times on 2800 Posts
Likes Given: 2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
What was your first clue?
Anything Glock man. Never fails.

Old 02-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 125 Posts
Likes Given: 501

Default Grips Reshaped

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
The trigger sucks, the ergonomics are similar to a 2x4, they are ugly as sin, lead bullets turn them into a pipe bomb, and there really isn't anything special about them nowadays. The only thing they have going for them is reliability, and even that is not that special. Most semi autos made today are just as reliable, if not more so.

That said, they are still a good gun. Nowhere near the best, but a good gun none the less. I want one chambered in 10mm. Though, I will probably change the trigger, the barrel (I shoot mostly lead), and possibly have the grips reshaped.
I certainly agree on the grip reshaping for all the guns I use for carry & for competition. My Glocks that I use for IPSC are completely reshaped & textured, my Browning HalfPower is reshaped & matted & my 1911 is matted & has a beveled, checkered & matted arched mainspring housing, as the straight housings never fit me at all. The only guns that aren't tailored to my hands are the ones I use in classes that require no modification in order to be legal, like GSSF matches. As stated earlier, ergonomics are as unique as the shooter & I like mine to fit me. That said, I like the feel of most pistols & understand why some shooters gravitate toward one pistol type over another. One caveat though, I don't like the feel of my G30 (its girth is too big for me), but once I draw it & start shooting I forget all about that because it hits where I point it, every time & quickly. Maybe I put too much stead in ergonomics...
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #143

Liked 162 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thanks for comparing the two! I think Glock is going to down size most of there stuff into a single stack option! The world seems to be crazy over micro 9s!! Will see if they dive in for a piece of the pie! They missed with the 42 in my opinion! Any 380 that you can't pocket easily is useless! To many 9mm made around the size of the 42! Thanks guys for the help and opinions and have a great weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Mercator Likes This 
Old 02-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #144

Liked 3617 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 2519

I've come over to the dark side. (hangs head in shame) Not only did I buy my 1st Glock yesterday, it is a M22, in.40 S&W, also my 1st .40 S&W.

I couldn't say no.

We were at the Great Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA on Thurs., when we happened by the Atlantic Tactical booth. Wow, just wow, really good prices on nearly everything. While my cousin was checking out a great deal on a S&W M&P-15 Custom, the Glock deal caught my eye.

Police Trade Glock 22s w/ tritium night sights, 3 15-round mags. and box for $349.00 + tax. Well, I kinda thought about it for a day or 2, then when I rode up with my cousin to pick up his rifle, we were delayed by insta-check backlog. So, I asked to see one of the traded Glock 22s, after looking at a couple, the one I chose is almost like new with the slightest bit of holster wear at the front of the slide. Really clean internals and bore, and also had the extended slide release. Say no more.

I'm now the conflicted (not really) owner of a Glock.

I know pictures or it never happened, I think we all know what a Glock looks like by now.

After the next snow storm today, I'll try to remember to post a range report.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #145
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I've come over to the dark side. (hangs head in shame) Not only did I buy my 1st Glock yesterday, it is a M22, in.40 S&W, also my 1st .40 S&W.

I couldn't say no.

We were at the Great Eastern Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA on Thurs., when we happened by the Atlantic Tactical booth. Wow, just wow, really good prices on nearly everything. While my cousin was checking out a great deal on a S&W M&P-15 Custom, the Glock deal caught my eye.

Police Trade Glock 22s w/ tritium night sights, 3 15-round mags. and box for $349.00 + tax. Well, I kinda thought about it for a day or 2, then when I rode up with my cousin to pick up his rifle, we were delayed by insta-check backlog. So, I asked to see one of the traded Glock 22s, after looking at a couple, the one I chose is almost like new with the slightest bit of holster wear at the front of the slide. Really clean internals and bore, and also had the extended slide release. Say no more.

I know pictures or it never happened, I think we all know what a Glock looks like by now.

EMD, no need to feel bad about buying a Glock if it's what you wanted and it does seem like a damn good deal to boot.

the only shame is becoming a Glock fanboy!
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2014, 09:18 AM   #146
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:

I couldn't say no.

If I had the money to spare, I probably would have bought it too at that price.

If I decided not to keep it, it would make great trade fodder.
People Like This 
Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #147
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default Glock Ergonomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
With the possible exception of DeltaF who may be doing it in jest I have not heard anyone seriously saying that Glock is all things for all people. Been reading for 3 months now. It would not bother me anyway. I haven't been without a Glock for 20years now, but for bullseye I got something else. Thanks fellows.

WHAT?! HAVE YOU PEOPLE LEARNED NOTHING?!

My stance has always been that Glocks are evil, wicked, malevolent tools of THE DEVIL! You pernicious fools are taking your lives in your hands every time you allow one into the safety of your home!

Don't you know gun locks were created for GLOCKS?! To keep them from loading themselves and murdering the women and children while you are all asleep?!

Glocks are deady. They are intelligent. They are mobile and they are capable of taking you apart before you can even THINK about drawing one of your other (hopefully inanimate) weapons and seeking safety.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1392028538.126101.jpg

Yes. Glocks are living creatures. Capable of self motion, self thought, and self inflicted deadliness. You fools! You are playing with fire! And one day you will get burned. Police departments didn't begin issuing holsters with triple retention features until they began carrying Glocks.

Why you ask? Coincidence? NO I tell you! The fact was the subject of a massive cover up by the FBI. But the reason for triple retention holsters is that Glocks were drawing themselves. They were breaking leather! AND MASSACRING INNOCENTS! Think NYPDs statistics are because of poorly trained officers. No I tell you. It's because of their bloodthirsty Glocks.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1392028865.544471.jpg
You idiots keep packing those death machines and this is will be you one day. The last thing you will ever see will be the muzzle flash of that wicked piece of steel as it opens fire on your complacent glockaphile Glock sucking glockhole!!!!!

People Like This 
Old 02-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1158 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

Quote:

I couldn't say no.

Exact same reasons I bought my first Glock, EMD! A few years ago I stumbled across a G22 trade-in configured like yours and for the same price. I'd been wanting to get a Glock and try 40S&W so couldn't walk away. Turned out to be a great purchase, caliber and gun, so I later added a G23 and G27. I think you'll be pleased.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 02-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Saw the title, spit my tea all over the screen laughing; "glock & ergonomics" is like "elephant & tiny farts". LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Glocks ergonomic? Maybe for those lego characters.

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM   #150
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

They kill the Lego people too. Trust me, I've seen it happen. Little plastic bodies everywhere.