Glock Ergonomics
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Ergonomics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

Default Glock Ergonomics

Im not a glock thumper by any means. I do have a glock , its not my favorite gun but it's a damn good gun. My question is, why do people always say that the ergonomics of the glock is one of its negative attributes? In my opinion this is its best attribute. As a matter of fact, my glock 21 points the most natural and feels the best in my hand out of any of my pistols . Does anyone else feel this is way ? When I hold my glock, it feels the most natural out of any pistol I have shot...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2014, 12:59 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2247 Times on 1572 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

I feel the same way about it. Most owners and LEO do. It is just one of those things some people like to argue about, because nothing more serious is going on. Thankfully.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:07 AM   #3

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Usually its the old timers that grew up shooting 1911s that dont like the grip angle but I like glocks too I have a 19 the only thing I dont like is how my middle finger rubs under the trigger

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
Usually its the old timers that grew up shooting 1911s that dont like the grip angle but I like glocks too I have a 19 the only thing I dont like is how my middle finger rubs under the trigger

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app
if the grip angle is wrong for it to fit your hand, then it's irrelevent in which pistols a person shot before. many people like the grip angle on the Glocks and many don't. the fit of a pistol is personal fit and what a person shot before really doesn't factor in one bit.

and if your middle finger is rubbing the trigger guard and you don't like it, then maybe another pistol may be better suited to you than the Glock.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #5

My cousin has a sig 1911 and I liked it but the front of the barrel jumps all over the place. I felt like the glocks recoil went backwards into the palm rather than the front of the barrel bouncing up and down. Just one of the things I noticed. Thats the only 1911 I have ever shot though.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:20 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21724 Times on 12314 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
My cousin has a sig 1911 and I liked it but the front of the barrel jumps all over the place. I felt like the glocks recoil went backwards into the palm rather than the front of the barrel bouncing up and down. Just one of the things I noticed. Thats the only 1911 I have ever shot though.
ergonomics of pistol are purely personal. the grip and how well it fits your hand, the angle of those grips all play into how well we can shoot that pistol. what works well for one person may be a poor choice for another.

i have shot a lot of Glocks over the years and even though i'm not ahuge fan of the grip of the Glock, i can still shoot pretty decent with them. i have found other pistols that i like the fit of better than the Glock. but i have shot and owned very many pistols over the years so i have learned to adapt to the pistol.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:23 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2247 Times on 1572 Posts
Likes Given: 1168

Just so you know, this topic has a high potential of becoming a Chernobyl meltdown.

Old 02-06-2014, 01:31 AM   #8

I never realized the passion on both sides when it comes to glocks. I never really read or cared about them until I bought one. I was indifferent and then I bought one on the fly one day cause it was on sale at Christmas and I wanted a .45. I noticed there is not one person who simply dislikes them, they HATE them ! Im just saying that one of the main things I read by the people who hate them is the ergonomics and to me that is the absolute best thing. I have always been under the belief that people tend to hate whats on the top, so I guess its a good sign. I realize there are better guns but for $485 for a .45 that holds 14 rds and feels that good in my hand....I cant pass it up

Old 02-06-2014, 01:36 AM   #9
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7469 Times on 4072 Posts
Likes Given: 15373

Default Glock Ergonomics

You like what you like. To each his own. Enjoy it. I'm happy for you.

no offense and none taken
BannedBackTogether@email.com

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Last edited by MisterMcCool; 02-06-2014 at 02:22 AM.
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyboy View Post
Im not a glock thumper by any means. I do have a glock , its not my favorite gun but it's a damn good gun. My question is, why do people always say that the ergonomics of the glock is one of its negative attributes? In my opinion this is its best attribute. As a matter of fact, my glock 21 points the most natural and feels the best in my hand out of any of my pistols . Does anyone else feel this is way ? When I hold my glock, it feels the most natural out of any pistol I have shot...
As Axxe said ergos are specific to individuals.

However I hear enough people praising, say, M&P ergos and bad-mouthing Glock ergos that I figure there's gotta be some merit to it.

For me, personally, I have shot several Glocks and hate their feel. I own two M&Ps if that tells ya anything.

I would wager Smith got the grip angle right for *most* people.

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This