Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock Ergonomics (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-ergonomics-103701/)

kyboy 02-06-2014 12:20 AM

Glock Ergonomics
 
Im not a glock thumper by any means. I do have a glock , its not my favorite gun but it's a damn good gun. My question is, why do people always say that the ergonomics of the glock is one of its negative attributes? In my opinion this is its best attribute. As a matter of fact, my glock 21 points the most natural and feels the best in my hand out of any of my pistols . Does anyone else feel this is way ? When I hold my glock, it feels the most natural out of any pistol I have shot...

Mercator 02-06-2014 12:59 AM

I feel the same way about it. Most owners and LEO do. It is just one of those things some people like to argue about, because nothing more serious is going on. Thankfully.

hq357 02-06-2014 01:07 AM

Usually its the old timers that grew up shooting 1911s that dont like the grip angle but I like glocks too I have a 19 the only thing I dont like is how my middle finger rubs under the trigger

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

Axxe55 02-06-2014 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hq357 (Post 1499584)
Usually its the old timers that grew up shooting 1911s that dont like the grip angle but I like glocks too I have a 19 the only thing I dont like is how my middle finger rubs under the trigger

Sent from my LG-C729 using Firearms Talk mobile app

if the grip angle is wrong for it to fit your hand, then it's irrelevent in which pistols a person shot before. many people like the grip angle on the Glocks and many don't. the fit of a pistol is personal fit and what a person shot before really doesn't factor in one bit.

and if your middle finger is rubbing the trigger guard and you don't like it, then maybe another pistol may be better suited to you than the Glock.

kyboy 02-06-2014 01:15 AM

My cousin has a sig 1911 and I liked it but the front of the barrel jumps all over the place. I felt like the glocks recoil went backwards into the palm rather than the front of the barrel bouncing up and down. Just one of the things I noticed. Thats the only 1911 I have ever shot though.

Axxe55 02-06-2014 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyboy (Post 1499590)
My cousin has a sig 1911 and I liked it but the front of the barrel jumps all over the place. I felt like the glocks recoil went backwards into the palm rather than the front of the barrel bouncing up and down. Just one of the things I noticed. Thats the only 1911 I have ever shot though.

ergonomics of pistol are purely personal. the grip and how well it fits your hand, the angle of those grips all play into how well we can shoot that pistol. what works well for one person may be a poor choice for another.

i have shot a lot of Glocks over the years and even though i'm not ahuge fan of the grip of the Glock, i can still shoot pretty decent with them. i have found other pistols that i like the fit of better than the Glock. but i have shot and owned very many pistols over the years so i have learned to adapt to the pistol.

Mercator 02-06-2014 01:23 AM

Just so you know, this topic has a high potential of becoming a Chernobyl meltdown. :D

kyboy 02-06-2014 01:31 AM

I never realized the passion on both sides when it comes to glocks. I never really read or cared about them until I bought one. I was indifferent and then I bought one on the fly one day cause it was on sale at Christmas and I wanted a .45. I noticed there is not one person who simply dislikes them, they HATE them ! Im just saying that one of the main things I read by the people who hate them is the ergonomics and to me that is the absolute best thing. I have always been under the belief that people tend to hate whats on the top, so I guess its a good sign. I realize there are better guns but for $485 for a .45 that holds 14 rds and feels that good in my hand....I cant pass it up

MisterMcCool 02-06-2014 01:36 AM

Glock Ergonomics
 
You like what you like. To each his own. Enjoy it. I'm happy for you.



no offense and none taken
BannedBackTogether@email.com

JW357 02-06-2014 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyboy (Post 1499539)
Im not a glock thumper by any means. I do have a glock , its not my favorite gun but it's a damn good gun. My question is, why do people always say that the ergonomics of the glock is one of its negative attributes? In my opinion this is its best attribute. As a matter of fact, my glock 21 points the most natural and feels the best in my hand out of any of my pistols . Does anyone else feel this is way ? When I hold my glock, it feels the most natural out of any pistol I have shot...

As Axxe said ergos are specific to individuals.

However I hear enough people praising, say, M&P ergos and bad-mouthing Glock ergos that I figure there's gotta be some merit to it.

For me, personally, I have shot several Glocks and hate their feel. I own two M&Ps if that tells ya anything.

I would wager Smith got the grip angle right for *most* people.

_________

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.