Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default My .02 cents

Most of this has been said...I offer a slight slant based on personal knowledge.

I must qualify 4 times a year with a Glock 22.

1. I own a gen 1 mod 22. It has at least 14,000 rounds through it with one trigger return spring break. This is not BS, I shoot a lot.That's it. It took the armorer less that 5 minutes to replace.

2. We all now have the newest Mod 22. So far, because I shoot a lot on my own, this one has around 4,000 rounds through.

3. In all our gen 1's and new 22's, with the exception of my own trigger return spring, I have never seen a FTF, FTFire, stove pipe,Mag failure, slide failure, ejection failure or trigger failure. This is based on dozens of us over a long,long time abusing, not cleaning, dumping them over board, grinding them into sand,grass, you name it.

There are other fine weapons out there. XD being one of them. We went Glock from revolver for ease of transition and yes, price. Last time I looked, Glock has something like 65 % of the American police market. Glocks will eat absolutely anything. We have guys score a perfect 100% time and time again.If you are trained correctly, and keep your damn finger where it belongs, it is as safe as any other weapon.

I must stop now, for I just realized I am ranting. There is no one any where that can objectively dis the Glock to me. If they do, it tells me they do not have proper training or experience with one of the finest weapons available-Glock.

Keep your head down!!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #42

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrasgt View Post
Most of this has been said...I offer a slight slant based on personal knowledge.

I must qualify 4 times a year with a Glock 22.

1. I own a gen 1 mod 22. It has at least 14,000 rounds through it with one trigger return spring break. This is not BS, I shoot a lot.That's it. It took the armorer less that 5 minutes to replace.

2. We all now have the newest Mod 22. So far, because I shoot a lot on my own, this one has around 4,000 rounds through.

3. In all our gen 1's and new 22's, with the exception of my own trigger return spring, I have never seen a FTF, FTFire, stove pipe,Mag failure, slide failure, ejection failure or trigger failure. This is based on dozens of us over a long,long time abusing, not cleaning, dumping them over board, grinding them into sand,grass, you name it.

There are other fine weapons out there. XD being one of them. We went Glock from revolver for ease of transition and yes, price. Last time I looked, Glock has something like 65 % of the American police market. Glocks will eat absolutely anything. We have guys score a perfect 100% time and time again.If you are trained correctly, and keep your damn finger where it belongs, it is as safe as any other weapon.

I must stop now, for I just realized I am ranting. There is no one any where that can objectively dis the Glock to me. If they do, it tells me they do not have proper training or experience with one of the finest weapons available-Glock.
Complete agreement, again. Glocks rock.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-23-2010, 03:08 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
I'm a new Glock owner and I'm beginning to notice that Glock is either hated or loved. There is no in between.

Ever since I purchased a Glock 19, my friends have been giving so much guff about owning one.

"Cheaply made."

"It'll explode."

"It'll jam if you limp wrist"

"Law Enforcement only carry it because its so cheap"

What's the deal with all the hate towards the Glock pistols? It seems like Glock is a huge target for criticism.

Glock is issued in 43 different countries and thousands of LE agencies in the USA. I don't know squat about Glock handguns but I'm pretty sure thats gotta mean something about quality right?

Sorry, this was more of a rant. Tired of negative criticism on the glocks.

Anyone else gotta deal with this?
I see it all the time mainly, really only on the internet and it is aggravating to say the least. You'll have guys who have never even picked up a certain model and they go on & on about it's "negative" features. Of course you'd never get them to admit the fact most never even touched one.
The point you raise goes way above and beyond what I believe is a good thing, constructive criticism and personal reviews from 1st hand experience.
Btw, this is my 1st post sorry it had to be a negative one but it just kinda touched a nerve.
Glad to be aboard. Straydog

"BE NOT AFRAID"

Old 08-23-2010, 03:17 AM   #44

If you don't like them, don't buy them. If you have some facts that you can back up post them, if not shut up and move on. Most bashers are just trolls looking for attention in the form of confrontation.
Glocks are well made, safe and priced right.

John

Old 08-23-2010, 04:55 AM   #45

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayDog View Post
I see it all the time mainly, really only on the internet and it is aggravating to say the least. You'll have guys who have never even picked up a certain model and they go on & on about it's "negative" features. Of course you'd never get them to admit the fact most never even touched one.
The point you raise goes way above and beyond what I believe is a good thing, constructive criticism and personal reviews from 1st hand experience.
Btw, this is my 1st post sorry it had to be a negative one but it just kinda touched a nerve.
Glad to be aboard. Straydog
Welcome aboard Stray. Swing over to the Introductions and tell us about yourself when you get a minute.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 AM   #46

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdzman View Post
If you don't like them, don't buy them. If you have some facts that you can back up post them, if not shut up and move on. Most bashers are just trolls looking for attention in the form of confrontation.
Glocks are well made, safe and priced right.

John
John, I sell all makes, I just have yet to find that any one manufacturer can make me 100% happy at all times with his product. Likely that is the reason why I have so many safes filled with different makes & models of firearms.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Funny thing, if you Wiki Gaston Glock, all it states is that he is the founder of Glock and that someone tried to assassinate him in 1999.

This thread was created to just point out the fact that Glock is the target of alot of negative criticism. I guess that's because it started the "Polymer" fad of handguns.

I'm not a Glock fan, I'm non-bias most of the time. Glock has it's pro's and con's, but it's certainly not the worst handgun on the market.

Old 08-23-2010, 06:59 AM   #48

So far the biggest calibur I have fired is a .357 with a 6 inch barrel. I have fired 9mm's, .22's and a few others, but never the .45 (yet)

I am whatever you say I am...

Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I also will not own a gun I can't reload for. Because of the unsupported chamber you can't reload for the glock without buying a different barrel with a supported chamber.

You lost me there I fire reloads in my glock 17 all the time..

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 08-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Welcome aboard Stray. Swing over to the Introductions and tell us about yourself when you get a minute.
Thanks alot. I will do that.

"BE NOT AFRAID"