Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagUdspEllr View Post
I love the reasons given for bashing the Glock. I don't expect you to like it. I just expect you to have good reasons. Most of these come down to personal preference (in other words... they don't matter to anyone but yourself).

-I don't like how it feels. Its uncomfortable.
Cool, some people don't have to have wood, steel, alloy, g-10, satin, baby powder, et cetera on their grips to use a firearm.

-I don't like how it looks.
Neat, some people don't need their firearm to win the Miss America pageant. (However I, personally, like the raw simplicity and efficiency of the Glock's appearance.)

-I can't shoot them well.
Awesome, some people (many people actually) can... weird... sounds like a training issue (personal problem).

-I don't think trigger safeties are "safe."
I don't think people who keep their fingers on the trigger when they don't want to fire their weapon are safe (training issue, personal problem).

-I don't like Gaston Glock.
Okay, fair enough. Don't like HIM then... the guns didn't do anything to you.

-One person said that Glocks are, "built all wrong."
A Glock is lighter than almost every competitor.
A Glock is smaller than almost every competitor.
A Glock carries more rounds than almost every competitor.
A Glock is more durable than almost every competitor.
A Glock is more reliable than many competitors. (Most guns are reliable today... they just tend to require new parts long before the Glock does... or they cost way more)
I'm sure I can go on. But, it seems like it is built pretty well to me.

-One person said that a Glock is less safe than a 1911 cocked and unlocked.
Considering that at that point it would take an equal amount of effort to fire either pistol, that is a retarded statement. If you are referring to the fact that the 1911 has a beavertail safety, then realize that a Glock has a trigger safety, firing pin block, and a drop safety.
FTF family, I PROMISE this is NOT me posting under a new name. Hahaha.

Welcome aboard "new guy whose name I could try to spell here but screw it up", and nice first post.

Pop on over to the introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself. Stick around a while.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarkFreedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Default

Well, i guess with so many gun owners out there, we all have our preferences on what we want to own and shoot. Sadly, not all are tolerant of the other brands and models out there. I can see having a bias against a brand/model if you have a horrible experience with one (such as KABOOM or other crap your shorts moment) but otherwise why go out of your way to bash something just because you don't like it.
I remember there was a big thing for a while where someone posted pics of a Hi Point C9 that supposedly blew it's slide in 1/2 at a range. but it was quite obvious looking at the pics that the barrel had been removed and the slide had been cut with a hacksaw or something similar. So someone was so hot to make HP look bad that they went and bought one just to post pics of a faked KABOOM.

__________________

I am whatever you say I am...

DarkFreedom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:23 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
Go into a 1911 forum on the same boards and even say anything negative (not even bad or bash) and warnings and bannings galore are instore.
Was that directed at this board here? Because I would take high exception to that statement around these parts. And we have two of the more pro 1911 members who happen to have been promoted to mod.
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Was that directed at this board here? Because I would take high exception to that statement around these parts. And we have two of the more pro 1911 members who happen to have been promoted to mod.
I think it was directed at another "1911 specific" forum, not here. They are a BIT tightly wound there.
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Posts: 24,301
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I think it was directed at another "1911 specific" forum, not here. They are a BIT tightly wound there.
Oh, okay. Just wanted to clarify. I don't visit other boards, FTF is where I post, period. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
NO! not this board.

I read alot here before I ever joined. This looks like a pretty good place. Only time will tell.
Okay, cool.

For the most part, this argument has been done to death & most of our S/M's won't even join in. they are the core of the forum, so when you don't see a lot of posts, that is the reason. It's not worth anyone's time.

Use what you like, leave the rest of what you don't for the guys that do like the platform. Works for us, works for you, and everyone is happier.

JD
__________________
Dillinger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
M14sRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,539
Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Oh, okay. Just wanted to clarify. I don't visit other boards, FTF is where I post, period. Good to know.



Okay, cool.

For the most part, this argument has been done to death & most of our S/M's won't even join in. they are the core of the forum, so when you don't see a lot of posts, that is the reason. It's not worth anyone's time.

Use what you like, leave the rest of what you don't for the guys that do like the platform. Works for us, works for you, and everyone is happier.

JD
Yay!!!!!! Another "group hug moment" at FTF!!
__________________
NRA-Life
CRPA-Life

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI


"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."
M14sRock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarkFreedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Default

I say we take the debate to the range.

It won't say what gun is better or anything, but days at the range are always fun

__________________

I am whatever you say I am...

DarkFreedom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Desert Hills,Arizony
Posts: 774
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagUdspEllr View Post
I love the reasons given for bashing the Glock. I don't expect you to like it. I just expect you to have good reasons. Most of these come down to personal preference (in other words... they don't matter to anyone but yourself).

-I don't like how it feels. Its uncomfortable.
Cool, some people don't have to have wood, steel, alloy, g-10, satin, baby powder, et cetera on their grips to use a firearm.

-I don't like how it looks.
Neat, some people don't need their firearm to win the Miss America pageant. (However I, personally, like the raw simplicity and efficiency of the Glock's appearance.)

-I can't shoot them well.
Awesome, some people (many people actually) can... weird... sounds like a training issue (personal problem).

-I don't think trigger safeties are "safe."
I don't think people who keep their fingers on the trigger when they don't want to fire their weapon are safe (training issue, personal problem).

-I don't like Gaston Glock.
Okay, fair enough. Don't like HIM then... the guns didn't do anything to you.

-One person said that Glocks are, "built all wrong."
A Glock is lighter than almost every competitor.
A Glock is smaller than almost every competitor.
A Glock carries more rounds than almost every competitor.
A Glock is more durable than almost every competitor.
A Glock is more reliable than many competitors. (Most guns are reliable today... they just tend to require new parts long before the Glock does... or they cost way more)
I'm sure I can go on. But, it seems like it is built pretty well to me.

-One person said that a Glock is less safe than a 1911 cocked and unlocked.
Considering that at that point it would take an equal amount of effort to fire either pistol, that is a retarded statement. If you are referring to the fact that the 1911 has a beavertail safety, then realize that a Glock has a trigger safety, firing pin block, and a drop safety.
Nice, where is it again that you threw away all your other guns away at??
__________________
billdeserthills is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hurlburt Field,Florida
Posts: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdeserthills View Post
Nice, where is it again that you threw away all your other guns away at??
I would never throw away, trade, or sell any of my firearms.

I suppose the only firearm I have you might like is my Colt Python .357 4" blued though.

The others are made of the deadly plastic that terrorists use.
__________________
iMagUdspEllr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DarkFreedom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 63
Default

as long as it's deadly, plastic is good. lol

beware the killer spork!!

__________________

I am whatever you say I am...

DarkFreedom is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Just back from DuraCoat!! (Taurus haters beware) Zacsquatch General Handgun Discussion 12 03-28-2010 12:06 AM
My new Glock 23 (40 cal.) ARnoob General Handgun Discussion 16 03-02-2010 04:44 PM
Returning a Glock to Glock trashman1 Glock Forum 7 12-21-2009 04:07 PM
Glock 29 recoil vs Glock 20 BigMac10 Glock Forum 3 12-03-2009 05:07 PM