The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground? - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 AM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

I got booted off Glock Talk a few years back before I even owned a single one just for asking a question that took to task the reliability of the gun somewhat. I was leaning toward my first Glock purchase at the time, and that really pushed me away for several months. They're a funny bunch over there. Much like the group at m4carbine .net. They have good information, but are just too brand crazy. All of this mall ninja, AR-15 brand worship goes out the window when you break open a Colt and a DPMS. Swap the guts and both will run the same. Try that with a Springfield XD and a Glock. Bill T.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #152

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Another thing I've noticed over the last few years is most of the people who hate Glocks, and pi$$ and moan about them, have never owned one. Many have never even shot one, except for perhaps a magazine or two from the gun of a friend, or some such. Until you actually own a gun and work with it, you have no idea. I was the same way about Ruger Mini 14's for years. Then I finally actually broke down and bought one. It was the best move I ever made. It made a complete convert out of me. Bill T.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:36 PM   #153

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

A little late to the party but I'll throw in my 2 cents on the Love/Hate OP
I carried Glocks for around 10 years. My first handgun was a G22 and then I sold it and bought a G21. I have nothing but respect for the Glock.
It was absolutely reliable and had decent accuracy (the 21 more so than the 22)
I tried a different platform last year. The first time at the range I shot better, faster, and more accurately with it than I was capable of doing with the glock I had used for years!
That was it for me, I made the switch & sold the G21 and have improved even more with my new pistol of choice.
I don't LOVE the glock because it wasn't the best platform for me. I dont HATE the glock because it is still has the same absolute reliability and decent accuracy it always had. I am quite capable of using a Glock to good effect, and would trust one to always be there for me if I needed it. I just found something that worked better for me.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 09-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #154

I personally own a glock because it was affordable and reliable. Its affordable because so many people own them(used market).

I would rather have a m&p9(dont care to much for XD's) but at the time of purchase they were asking for a $100-200 premium.

I shoot cast lead and a m&p has a traditional rifled barrel and wont build up lead like my glock does.

I am getting a little superficial lately and looking for a more attractive gun to add to the collection.