The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground? - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:50 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A Glock vs a Bear.

That would be an interesting battle.

I think this would be better though

Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #142

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMagUdspEllr View Post
A Glock WILL kick more than just about every other gun on the market. Why? Because it is lighter than just about every gun on the market. .
Umm.No..A Glock has a lower bore axis to compensate for the difference in weight. At least this is the reason started for the lower bore axis. I pewrsonally do not acree withthis because of a Browning Pro40 I have that has a hammer giving it a much higher bore axis and it is easier to control than a Glock. But I attribute that to the better grip.

I'm not taking anything away from a Gock It does what it's supposed to do. But the weapon was not designed for anything less than a tool to do a job. So ergonomics and aesthetics never entered the equation.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #143
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I'm not taking anything away from a Gock It does what it's supposed to do. But the weapon was not designed for anything less than a tool to do a job. So ergonomics and aesthetics never entered the equation.
Best summary of a Glock I've ever seen.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #144

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

People who hate Glocks have some kind of sick, stupid, anti passion against the pistol. They simply can't stand it's success. They will badmouth it whenever and wherever they possibly can. Much like liberal democrats, it is fun to watch them sink in their own brown slop. If I didn't like, or care for a given make of pistol, I would simply stay away from it. But that isn't good enough for the Glock haters. No way.

They've got to get right in there and attack it. They simply hate it's success, and cannot stand the gun itself moving forward. They have got to stop it. What is totally enjoyable is they are fun to watch as they fail. A bit like a kid on ice skates who has no balance, and cannot skate. They, like liberals, never learn because they, by there very nature, are stupid. They like Springfield XD's, or whatever. But that in itself isn't enough. They simply must attack Glocks. Be that as it may it does at least give Glock owners something to watch when they are not shooting or cleaning their Glocks. Bill T.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #145

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
People who hate Glocks have some kind of sick, stupid, anti passion against the pistol. They simply can't stand it's success. They will badmouth it whenever and wherever they possibly can. Much like liberal democrats, it is fun to watch them sink in their own brown slop. If I didn't like, or care for a given make of pistol, I would simply stay away from it. But that isn't good enough for the Glock haters. No way.

They've got to get right in there and attack it. They simply hate it's success, and cannot stand the gun itself moving forward. They have got to stop it. What is totally enjoyable is they are fun to watch as they fail. A bit like a kid on ice skates who has no balance, and cannot skate. They, like liberals, never learn because they, by there very nature, are stupid. They like Springfield XD's, or whatever. But that in itself isn't enough. They simply must attack Glocks. Be that as it may it does at least give Glock owners something to watch when they are not shooting or cleaning their Glocks. Bill T.
There is some truth in much of what you say, Bill. I wonder if they feel as strongly about other popular, innovative and successful products?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
To add a little to this very true fact. It is only seen on the interweb from what I have seen. Other than an IPSC match I shot a couple years ago. A couple noobs showed up that were 'older', yet new to the game. They actualy were snickering and making remarks about my Glock and my two buddies Glocks. We knew what to do.

My best friend asked me, loud enough for them to hear, "what gun will fail first.....?" I replied loud enough for them to hear. "the guy with the kimber". They both had Kimbers and both had several failures throughout the match. They had every excuse imaginable. One even blamed the rain on his multiple failures with his Kimber... Kimbers are like over hyped over priced Keltecs. You may or may not get one that works good out of the box. The big difference is Keltecs are worth the gamble at a couple hundred bones and spectacular lifetime service if it dont. Kimbers are worth it if they work, but if you have to send it back expect them to inform you Kimbers never fail, even after the 3rd and 4th trip back......

I never did understand why haters even come into a Glock forum and hate on them. It is a plague on the web. Ninjas in hopes of doing themself a feel good favor try to hate on the top dog. Good for them! It makes them look like boobs going into a Glock forum to do nothing but hate on Glocks, makes sense to me

Too bad the overwhelming majority of people on the forums are them ninjas in need of feel good Glock bashing and the people in charge mostly let it go because they for the most part feel the same way*. Just a fact and observation I have observed on several forums. Even the guys on XDtalk are more Glock friendly than most posters on Glocktalk. I get less bashing at XDtalk than I ever got at Glocktalk that I no longer go to.

Ninjas shoot Kimbaaahs, eat whoppaahs and dring wahtaaaah..

Glock shooters just shoot Glocks......

Remember Glock haters (yeah you), this is a GLOCK forum!! Take the hate somewhere else....

*for the most part, not around here

I'm glad you have the footnote.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-29-2010, 11:20 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
There is some truth in much of what you say, Bill. I wonder if they feel as strongly about other popular, innovative and successful products?
If you go on ARFCOM and bring up any make of AR-15 rifle other than Colt or BCM you will be attacked in much the same fashion, for much the same reason. The hatred of success of a make and model other than what they prefer simply cannot, and will not be tolerated. Bring up a piston AR-15 and they'll get laryngitis cussing you out.

For example go to ARFCOM and speak highly of Bushmaster or DPMS. They'll all but try and castrate you. They simply hate it! Again, it is all but laughable. Say the AK-47 has handed the AR-15 it's a$$ in the last 3 wars, and you'll be banned. It's just that simple. It's a lot like going into a Catholic church and saying there is no God. Or like going on MSDNC and praising Sarah Palin. They just can't stand it! Personally I find it all highly amusing. I like all guns. If it goes bang, and is priced right, most likely I'll buy it, or at least try to. At the very least I'll congratulate whoever beat me to it. Bill T.

Last edited by billt; 09-29-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
If you go on ARFCOM and bring up any make of AR-15 rifle other than Colt or BCM you will be attacked in much the same fashion, for much the same reason. The hatred of success of a make and model other than what they prefer simply cannot, and will not be tolerated. Bring up a piston AR-15 and they'll get laryngitis cussing you out.

For example go to ARFCOM and speak highly of Bushmaster or DPMS. They'll all but try and castrate you. They simply hate it! Again, it is all but laughable. Say the AK-47 has handed the AR-15 it's a$$ in the last 3 wars, and you'll be banned. It's just that simple. It's a lot like going into a Catholic church and saying there is no God. Or like going on MSDNC and praising Sarah Palin. They just can't stand it! Personally I find it all highly amusing. I like all guns. If it goes bang, and is priced right, most likely I'll buy it, or at least try to. At the very least I'll congratulate whoever beat me to it. Bill T.

Wow. I've heard bad stuff about Arf, but have stayed away. Glocktalk, too, for the same reason. I own a bunch of AR's, and like them very much. Nothing fancy, but they work. Just a tool to me, in the end.

I'm the same way about most guns. See it...Like it...Buy it...

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-30-2010, 01:12 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
I'm a new Glock owner and I'm beginning to notice that Glock is either hated or loved. There is no in between.

Ever since I purchased a Glock 19, my friends have been giving so much guff about owning one.

"Cheaply made."

"It'll explode."

"It'll jam if you limp wrist"

"Law Enforcement only carry it because its so cheap"

What's the deal with all the hate towards the Glock pistols? It seems like Glock is a huge target for criticism.

Glock is issued in 43 different countries and thousands of LE agencies in the USA. I don't know squat about Glock handguns but I'm pretty sure thats gotta mean something about quality right?

Sorry, this was more of a rant. Tired of negative criticism on the glocks.

Anyone else gotta deal with this?
From a cop's perspective, the main "hate comment" i get is, "You carry a glock because everyone does". Untrue, I carry a glock because it's reliable, affordable, and has never jammed on me once. It's all about comfort. So let the haters hate; someday they'll be on the wrong end of what they call a "cheap gun" and they'll change their minds.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Wow. I've heard bad stuff about Arf, but have stayed away. Glocktalk, too, for the same reason. I own a bunch of AR's, and like them very much. Nothing fancy, but they work. Just a tool to me, in the end.

I'm the same way about most guns. See it...Like it...Buy it...
+1

That's been my motto ever since I got into this gun game. Bill T.