The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground? - Page 14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 05:57 PM   #131
RDW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I am in the DON'T LIKE colum myself.

Fanboys SUCK

Glocks are built all wrong. They to me are not a natural pointing pistol like say a oh 1911.

I also will not own a gun I can't reload for. Because of the unsupported chamber you can't reload for the glock without buying a different barrel with a supported chamber.

I only buy 22lr ammo and SD Ammo. I practice with my handloads.
I've using reloads for range ammo in my G21/G30 gor many years without a KABOOM. I average 12 to 1,300 rounds a month.

I have 2 1911A's that no longer leave my safe.

I love "Packin Plastic."

Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.

Last edited by RDW; 09-06-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:15 PM   #132
RDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i dont hate em. but i think some of the criticism about the quality is justified. they arent the best quality firearms for the price. cheap i think is an accurate description.

as for why i dont like em:

1. the ergonomics are terrible.

Not to me

2. less safe than carrying a 1911 cocked with the safety off.

In Your opinion

3. safety is located on the trigger

Keep your finger out of the Trigger Guard

4. they dont really point naturally for me. they kinda got that wal-mart super-soaker feel.

They Do point naturally for me

hate glocks no. they just dont stack up as a good pistol for me. i think there are a lot of people that dont know why they dont like something other than what they read about on the interweb.
My Glocks run flawlessly, but I do clean them every 4 to 5,000 rounds.

Joined John Birch Society in 1961; when others were Hippie Scum & NOW they're running our Country!

I'm MUCH MORE Conservative NOW.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #133

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I AM MIDDLE GROUND!

No hate or love! I have owned a Glock, but times got tough, you know.

Although it loved to be shot I only liked to shoot it, so it was first to go, plus at the time all my other firearms were either heirlooms or at the age between new and collectible, that didn't bring much value.

I would purchase another Glock if I got one on a steal. Wouldn't hunt for one like I do my Revolvers though.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #134

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

I own a G17 and a G26. They aren't favorites, but they have a place in my safe and always enjoy shooting them.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #135
Resident JackHole
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 305 Times on 170 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I've shot a Glock before, and I'm not against owning one. That being said, I prefer my 1911 to any other hand gun I have shot.

No, you can't take my gun. I'm gonna need it when you try to take my truck...

Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm a mechanic. I fix things. This is why I will never be able to hold public office.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #136

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

My first pistol was the Sig P226 (the combat version with rails and threaded barrel), love it, it's accurate as hell and a joy to shoot but it's huge and not the best choice for CCW. So I did a little shopping and found the Glock 19, it was a little iffy at first as I had to re-adjust my aiming/grip from the Sig to accommodate the smaller lighter gun, but once I got use to it I love it, I carry it everywhere and have never had an issue putting any make of round through it (admittedly I don't load myself). I would definitely recommend this as a personal defense carry weapon. I was actually in Law enforcement or somewhere I was required to outwardly carry I would prob look for a bigger firearm with a larger caliber, but for personal defense it’s more then you’ll ever need.

Glaine ár gcroí, neart ár ngéag agus beart de réir ár mbriathar - ARW
(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Old 09-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #137

Default My opinion on Glock

I agree with the thread starter.....I dont know why people love them or hate them ? I love mine but I dont hate any other guns because of it. I have the 19 and I considered a Sig but went with the Glock for a number of reasons. I think my next gun will be another glock or maybe a Sig so I have a pistol with a hammer and safety/decocker..I dont know that much about Sigs other than the good reviews they get.Id like to try one.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #138

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
I'm a new Glock owner and I'm beginning to notice that Glock is either hated or loved. There is no in between.

Ever since I purchased a Glock 19, my friends have been giving so much guff about owning one.

"Cheaply made."

"It'll explode."

"It'll jam if you limp wrist"

"Law Enforcement only carry it because its so cheap"

What's the deal with all the hate towards the Glock pistols? It seems like Glock is a huge target for criticism.

Glock is issued in 43 different countries and thousands of LE agencies in the USA. I don't know squat about Glock handguns but I'm pretty sure thats gotta mean something about quality right?

Sorry, this was more of a rant. Tired of negative criticism on the glocks.

Anyone else gotta deal with this?
I think there is a lot of middle ground or in between as you put it. There are many people that have 1911's, S&W Revolvers, H&K Pistols and many other semi auto Pistols that also like Glocks, so I think you are wrong about this perception you have about this Pistol. People are people and they view this as they would a car. Which is better, feels better, better quality, better gas milage and most people think they have the best and they think they know which is the worst. It will always be a never ending argument until the end of time. Just sit back and enjoy the show!

Old 09-25-2010, 03:10 AM   #139

Like anything else, people have their favorites with any product. weather based on brand name or performance means little once someone has chosen a favorite.

I am whatever you say I am...

Old 09-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #140

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I dont hate glocks i own a G17 But i mainly got it for the ability to get 33 rders. They make great HD pistols because of it. But there are many many guns that i like better then them. I even like my 372 dollar Bersa thunder 9 HC better then the glock, But that doesnt mean that they are not great firearms. Mine jammed once when i was first breaking it in and it never malfunctioned again. Quite accurate as well.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix