The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

The Glock is either hated or loved. Why no middle ground?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
Ok, enough of the fanboy group hug already. Lets get back to the hate.

I got around 4K through my G37 and decided yesterday to do more than just boresnake the bore. I got it soaking in CLP to remove every last bit of carbon. Going to go scrub it in a bit and wipe all the oil off the other parts and put it back together.

I just hate cleaning the barrel after just 4,000 rounds. Anyone out there got a better method???
Yes. Get some Slip 2000 carbon remover and choke tube cleaner. It comes in a glass jar and you just drop in the gunky parts. I used to have to clean my choke tubes with a wire brush on the Dremel due to plastic build up after a long day of Skeet. Now I soak them and the crud wipes off with a tissue.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCordite View Post
I met an old guy at the range last weekend who says he has over "30" Springfield M1 Garands! Is he a hoarder and/or fanboy? Sounds like he could be a 1 man militia.
I would have just called him a smart man with good taste until earlier this week. Now I know he is just a Fanboy douchebag, like me. Duh....

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-31-2010, 05:38 PM   #103

Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts

I'm a handgun fanboy 3 times over myself I guess.

This thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that folks need to lighten up.

A few points:

1. You don't have to justify your purchases to anyone but yourself.
2. Some folks will agree with you and others won't.
3. Their is no BEST gun as it's totally subjective.
4. Be thankful that everyone doesn't like the same guns as it would drive the price up.
5. True fanboys are VERY, VERY irritating.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I'm a handgun fanboy 3 times over myself I guess.

This thread proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that folks need to lighten up.

A few points:

1. You don't have to justify your purchases to anyone but yourself.
2. Some folks will agree with you and others won't.
3. Their is no BEST gun as it's totally subjective.
4. Be thankful that everyone doesn't like the same guns as it would drive the price up.
5. True fanboys are VERY, VERY irritating.
Dave, are you trying to say that this whole concept of "Fanboy" might be overused and misconstrued?!

That, MAYBE, some who are labeled "Fanboy" might just be passionate about a particular platform or hobby?

That, MAYBE, some of the "Fanboys" might actually know something about their particular crush?

That, MAYBE, some "Fanboys" have actually tested their gear to the point of failure and have a degree of faith in that gear, above other tested gear that failed sooner?

That, MAYBE, some people need to lighten up when criticizing others about their personal taste in gear?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 08-31-2010, 06:58 PM   #105

Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Dave, are you trying to say that this whole concept of "Fanboy" might be overused and misconstrued?!

That, MAYBE, some who are labeled "Fanboy" might just be passionate about a particular platform or hobby?

That, MAYBE, some of the "Fanboys" might actually know something about their particular crush?

That, MAYBE, some "Fanboys" have actually tested their gear to the point of failure and have a degree of faith in that gear, above other tested gear that failed sooner?

That, MAYBE, some people need to lighten up when criticizing others about their personal taste in gear?
I personally don't bash any gun (except maybe Taurus - which deserves it IMHO). The point I tried to make is that everyone has their likes and dislikes - but that doesn't make their choices the BEST. No, I'm not a Glock owner but I see them for what they are - a very reliable, inexpensive gun that lots of people like. I have owned a half-dozen of them and tried to like them (they're cheaper than Sigs & 1911s), but they just don't work for me.

What I dislike is the totally exaggerated claims of complete & total perfection - just don't exist in the real world. And no M14, I don't see you as a fanboy regardless of how many Glocks you own...

Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I personally don't bash any gun (except maybe Taurus - which deserves it IMHO). The point I tried to make is that everyone has their likes and dislikes - but that doesn't make their choices the BEST. No, I'm not a Glock owner but I see them for what they are - a very reliable, inexpensive gun that lots of people like. I have owned a half-dozen of them and tried to like them (they're cheaper than Sigs & 1911s), but they just don't work for me.

What I dislike is the totally exaggerated claims of complete & total perfection - just don't exist in the real world. And no M14, I don't see you as a fanboy regardless of how many Glocks you own...
Nice.

I think you and I have tried to make the same point. I used as much sarcasm as I could, and you just went "Bam".

I have also seen the ebb and flow of Taurus' quality control for over 20 years, and agree with you. Way too spotty.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM   #107

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

You all are a bunch of pink panty wearing barrel tonguing sissy fanboys. Good lord.

As for Taurus I shot one revolver of theirs and it was like shooting a tin gun if that makes any sense to everyone.

I almost got a pt-92 but something came up and I couldn't. Thank GOD.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #108

Now that Tango has chimed in I'm thinking we are close to a "group hug" moment?

Who is with me???

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #109

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

you guys must forget the big Glocks have the Ghay campaign.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
OK. I can definitely tell that you're new if you don't understand the concept of pistols needing a BREAK IN PERIOD!!!

Did you just bold the statement I made??? Or did you follow the link I gave to the article explaining WHY pistols (and magazines) need a "break in period"?

Or was it just a little too much reading for ya champ?
Yeah it was too much reading for me. But seriously. I read it. It said custom guns, then I stopped reading. "A properly built custom gun is built to very close tolerances." So unless you are claiming that an XD(M) is a custom gun... then it has no excuse for failing.

If you are claiming it is a semi-custom gun or it is manufactured to such close tolerances to be "a cut above" other production guns... it isn't. It certainly doesn't perform like one even after being broken in. So, no, I still don't understand why I can't rely on a gun to shoot from the factory. I'm not asking it to hit the target for me... just shoot without malfunctioning.

I will deal with close tolerances on a custom gun that will actually perform like a custom gun. I will take reliability and durability on a general purpose/carry gun.