Glock discharge - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock discharge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
Yea I don't really see how this could be all the OP's fault.

Plenty of people put aftermarket triggers in their guns,so you smoothed up the trigger on your 1911,or put a match trigger in your AR,so are you now a irresponsible gun owner?

And for those who are saying he should have made sure the gun was unloaded I'm pretty sure he was IN that very process.

Only thing he did wrong to IMO was getting all greasy fingered before getting it unloaded,while the Accidental Discharge sounds to mostly be due to faulty glock/aftermarket parts.
You try to clear your weapon with oily hands and put said hand in front of the ( loaded ) weapon and it's not his fault ? I mean I'm glad he wasn't seriously injured or worse but geeez ....

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #32

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

I think there is more to the story than he is willing to admit. He had one hand on the grip and the other on the slide. The slide slips free of his left hand them the same hand magically appears in front of the barrel.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #33
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5677 Times on 2964 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Its not hard to do with a revers grip on the slide trying to catch the round as its ejected. Can be done safely on a full size but a shorty ccw piece is a whole other animal. If you slip doing that your hand will go in front of the gun just as it goes into battery

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #34

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Its not hard to do with a revers grip on the slide trying to catch the round as its ejected. Can be done safely on a full size but a shorty ccw piece is a whole other animal. If you slip doing that your hand will go in front of the gun just as it goes into battery
I guess I didn't think of it that way. I'm so used to racking the slide with a regular grip that it seemed unlikely. I apologize for assuming otherwise.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #35

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This is why Glock can not warranty their handguns. Can you see where it failed?

kaboom.jpg  

Old 08-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1099 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 455

I want to know why the original parts were replaced with aftermarket parts (that's what I think happened).

I think, based on what was said, that the firing pin mechanism likely failed to function as intended because a lighter gauge and possibly defective spring offering less resistance was substituted for the heavier gauge factory Glock spring.

The Glock was not designed to be a target pistol and messing with the operating components of any firearm is dangerous, especially striker fired compact pistols.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
This is why Glock can not warranty their handguns. Can you see where it failed?
http://www.thegunzone.com/m1akb/762d15.jpg

It's kinda hard to tell where this reliable steel and wood weapon failed, too.

Whether under warranty or not, very few manufacturers replace their guns when the user shoots reloads or improperly manufactured ammunition.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
I want to know why the original parts were replaced with aftermarket parts (that's what I think happened).

I think, based on what was said, that the firing pin mechanism likely failed to function as intended because a lighter gauge and possibly defective spring offering less resistance was substituted for the heavier gauge factory Glock spring.

The Glock was not designed to be a target pistol and messing with the operating components of any firearm is dangerous, especially striker fired compact pistols.
To be fair I believe he said an after market trigger group is why they wouldn't inspect it . The firing pin saftey spring is in the slide . Could have very well been a defective spring.

Do any of you know if glock manufactures their springs or do they sub to a spring maker ?

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
To be fair I believe he said an after market trigger group is why they wouldn't inspect it . The firing pin saftey spring is in the slide . Could have very well been a defective spring.

Do any of you know if glock manufactures their springs or do they sub to a spring maker ?
I really don't understand how people can be convinced that they need lighter springs or firing pins to "decrease lock time" or "increase accuracy" in a combat weapon.

What possible use does something like that have on a compact concealed carry pistol?

How far could you realistically expect to shoot someone with a compact pistol?

It just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
I really don't understand how people can be convinced that they need lighter springs or firing pins to "decrease lock time" or "increase accuracy" in a combat weapon.

What possible use does something like that have on a compact concealed carry pistol?

How far could you realistically expect to shoot someone with a compact pistol?

It just doesn't make sense to me.
Don't ask me lol I never mess with trigger group on a CC firearm. The only changes I made to my glock as far as internals was Lonewolf barrel ( cause if there is a round case support is a concern with it *IS* full house 10mm ) And a Firedragon dual recoil / framesaver guide rod / spring ( cause full house 10mm has a decent amount of felt recoil and I wanted follow ups to be as accurate as possible considering if I ever need my CC weapon it might not be out in the middle of the woods with only my adversary around . Also it helps the frame from getting beat to death from the high pressure fullhouse 10mm load )