Glock discharge - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock discharge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #151
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1094 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Wait, you need to get cheap aftermarket Jeep parts, lots of mis-matched parts, that don't work well together, then your Jeep will roll over your foot for you.

Interesting that there are three of us in this thread with trigger block safeties. I had herd they only sold two of them. lol

No mechanical safety on a gun, makes a gun safe. It is important to remember the big three safety rules, and if one wants more rules, this is a good link.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/GunSafety.pdf

Old 11-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #152

Liked 267 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Some let this foolish messed up glock owners tread die .

Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #153
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 184 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 500

"Grabbed the front of the slide with my left hand and began to clear the chamber."
I know that many people cock semi auto's this way, but, unfortunately, you found out why the grasping grooves are on the rear of the slides. I know, I know, all kinds of gun have grooves on the front, but that is a relatively new modification that started to be the rage in about the late '70's. Before that, most gunsmiths would not even cut those because of liability...some still won't. I have a friend who had the same type of malfunction with a 1911 Colt as he was working on it. When the slide returned to battery, the gun went full auto and emptied the mag as the muzzle climbed to the ceiling - with his hand in front of the muzzle. Luckily, the shots went between each of his fingers and he only suffered mild muzzle-flash burns on his hand, but he never again cocked an auto from the front. You learned the hard way and I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it was. I hope your recovery is quick, full and uneventful.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 11-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #154
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I'm gonna go ahead and unsub from this one...

Too many people being rude, either directly or indirectly, to the OP for my taste.

My last thought:

Yes, there is something to be learned from this. No, it doesn't need to be pointed out by anyone. We are all (mostly) intelligent enough to figure it out for ourselves.
There are far too many people criticizing the OP for no longer trusting Glock. Personally I don't care one way or the other if the OP stops shooting or buying a particular brand. For all you Glockies out there, you should encourage it too, because that means more Glocks for you.

Anyway, I really think almost everyone on this thread, with the few exceptions of those who simply said something to the lines of "that sucks guy, hope you heal fast," are immature and childish and not saying the right things for when one of our brothers needs our support the most.

Get off your pedestals and just give the dude some sympathy.

Unsubbed.

Always have clean socks.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #155
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1094 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Sympathy? A gun is put through a ND in a house, possibly with children in it, or the next house over possibly has children in it, due to installing aftermarket parts, incorrectly, causing a potentially crippling disfigurement to the OP hand when a round goes off in the house.

Thankfully, no one else was injured or killed. Sympathy? Under the circumstances, I think we should be grateful that this did not turn out to be another one of the 500 plus children killed every year in this country due to NDs in the home.

We are all sorry this guy got hurt, but we want to make sure this does not happen again, or happen worse next time.

We are contributing to this thread to try to help. That is why I post here.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:42 AM   #156

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I clear every one of my hangings the same way. Not because I read this thread but I will continue to do so because of it. I am one of the ones that was critical, maybe a apology is in order, if so I'm sorry for being critical, however I hope the uproar has instilled good safety practice in your thought process, or at least helped in some fashion. L.A. County Sheriffs Dept teaches a really good method on clearing and troubleshooting their misfires, google it if you are interested.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #157

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron0022
I clear every one of my hangings the same way. Not because I read this thread but I will continue to do so because of it. I am one of the ones that was critical, maybe a apology is in order, if so I'm sorry for being critical, however I hope the uproar has instilled good safety practice in your thought process, or at least helped in some fashion. L.A. County Sheriffs Dept teaches a really good method on clearing and troubleshooting their misfires, google it if you are interested.
Hangings, sorry, sent from my phone. Obviously I meant handguns.