Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock discharge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #141
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16902 Times on 9796 Posts
Likes Given: 44070

well i have read through all seven pages of posts on this. OP, glad you are going to be okay. sometimes unless an acident happens, we sometimes don't know our habits are bad and need changing.

i think the OP is telling us the truth as best as he remembers it happening. this is not that he is trying to lie or mislead others about his incident. i fully believe his story as to how he thinks he remembers this happening. this happened in a split second of time. hard to correctly remember micro seconds of something.

is it possible the part was defective or failed? yes, i believe entirely so. were aftermarket parts to blame for this happening? that is entirely possible too. were oily hands to blame? quite possible.

i think we should thank the OP for having the courage to tell us about this so that others can learn from whatever mistakes were made, in the hope that someone doesn't end doing the same or worse.

there are two types of people that have negligent discharges if they have been around guns for any length of time. those who have, and those who will have. i'm not going to lie, i too have a couple. they are a wake-up call to bring our attention to be safe and to practice safe handling procedures.

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #142

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
well i have read through all seven pages of posts on this. OP, glad you are going to be okay. sometimes unless an acident happens, we sometimes don't know our habits are bad and need changing. i think the OP is telling us the truth as best as he remembers it happening. this is not that he is trying to lie or mislead others about his incident. i fully believe his story as to how he thinks he remembers this happening. this happened in a split second of time. hard to correctly remember micro seconds of something. is it possible the part was defective or failed? yes, i believe entirely so. were aftermarket parts to blame for this happening? that is entirely possible too. were oily hands to blame? quite possible. i think we should thank the OP for having the courage to tell us about this so that others can learn from whatever mistakes were made, in the hope that someone doesn't end doing the same or worse. there are two types of people that have negligent discharges if they have been around guns for any length of time. those who have, and those who will have. i'm not going to lie, i too have a couple. they are a wake-up call to bring our attention to be safe and to practice safe handling procedures.
Agree 100%, he should be thanked for sharing his story with us.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #143
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 216

As an adult, no NDs. As a kid, every shot was an ND ! Lol

From the time this post started, till now, I have become a Glock Certified Armorer by attending a class at Brownells in Iowa.

If the gun were 100% Glock, all parts installed to factory specs, and you kept your finger off the bang switch, the Glock, as a tool, will not fire.

What exactly happened to bring about so much pain, we will never know for sure.

I would say, to all Glock owners, be extremely careful in altering your sidearm. Learn from this.

Me personally, I have used trigger block safeties on my Glocks for over 20 years. Nothing in Glock Armorers school has convinced me to do otherwise. Is it nessassry? No. Is icing on cake nessassry? No, but who hates icing? Not me.

Last edited by AR10; 11-01-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #144
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 606 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Wow, I guess people are really stuck on this.

Don't get in front of a gun and you can't get shot with it, whether or not you intentionally/accidentally/thought about pulling the trigger, the parts malfunctioned, you were born unlucky, or whatever other circumstances life has in store for you.

The only takeaway from this is don't let this happen to you and wish the OP a speedy recovery.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #145

Liked 61 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
As an adult, no NDs. As a kid, every shot was an ND ! Lol

From the time this post started, till now, I have become a Glock Certified Armorer by attending a class at Brownells in Iowa.

If the gun were 100% Glock, all parts installed to factory specs, and you kept your finger off the bang switch, the Glock, as a tool, will not fire.

What exactly happened to bring about so much pain, we will never know for sure.

I would say, to all Glock owners, be extremely careful in altering your sidearm. Learn from this.

Me personally, I have used trigger block safeties on my Glocks for over 20 years. Nothing in Glock Armorers school has convinced me to do otherwise. Is it nessassry? No. Is icing on cake nessassry? No, but who hates icing? Not me.
Heard that bro. I keep trigger blocks on all my Glocks. I can holster most of them. All my other semi-auto pistols, shotguns, and rifles have safeties (except LCP). If Glock made the option (like M&P) to have a thumb safety, I'd jump all over it. Not here to start another discussion about boogers, but it's nice to see there are a few of us out there who love Glocks & manual safeties.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #146

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator

Heard that bro. I keep trigger blocks on all my Glocks. I can holster most of them. All my other semi-auto pistols, shotguns, and rifles have safeties (except LCP). If Glock made the option (like M&P) to have a thumb safety, I'd jump all over it. Not here to start another discussion about boogers, but it's nice to see there are a few of us out there who love Glocks & manual safeties.
I'm on the same bus bruddah!

Old 11-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #147

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

My two cents. First dayum!!! That wound to your hand is nasty! Second I own a G 36 for ccw and am most happy with it. No mods. Third it is pretty screwed up that virtually no one can share an unfortunate accident with this forum so that perhaps just one other person may read of it and it prevents a similar accident without the snide know it all comments from those with a superiority complex. This goes for novices seeking guidance and knowledge. Geez the know it alls come out of the wood work on those posts for sure. Everyone of us here from the person who just today wrapped his hands around their first handgun of their own to those of us who cannot even accurately say how many guns they currently own. Not me I own 3. We are brothers and sisters united in a common pleasure . The responsible exercise of our 2nd amendment rights. Now of course if this same thing happens to ur real life brother or best friend then by all means let the ball busting begin. Just sayin.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #148

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread again. Now my hands hurt again.
AD/ND?...Either way the man ended up with a hole in his hand. There are a couple simple truths to be understood here. Never put anything in front of a guns muzzle you are not willing to put a hole in. Oily/dirty hands while working on machinery can cause problems. It pays off in the end to use the utmost care in these situations. Not making a judgement of the OPs actions. I just see things like this as something to be learned form. It is what we learn after we know it all that makes the most difference.

Again, I hope you are healing well and fast OP.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #149
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2162 Times on 1199 Posts
Likes Given: 280

That's right, now, if you will excuse me, I'm going outside to crank my vehicle and run over my own foot and then post on lost jeeps about never buying another jeep again.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
People Like This 
Old 11-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #150

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
That's right, now, if you will excuse me, I'm going outside to crank my vehicle and run over my own foot and then post on lost jeeps about never buying another jeep again.
And the legend of Jeep foot starts here.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This