Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock discharge

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

you see that's it. It doesn't take a finger on the trigger. .
But a finger will do it.
It takes *something* on the trigger. Unless its broken a Glock simply will not go off without the trigger safety depressed. I'm sure there are *rare* instances of clothing, the holster or something else pulling the trigger by accident. I'm convinced, however, that at least 90% of AD/ND are due to the booger hook being on the bang switch.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:23 AM   #132
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1726 Times on 958 Posts
Likes Given: 5263

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
It takes *something* on the trigger. Unless its broken a Glock simply will not go off without the trigger safety depressed. I'm sure there are *rare* instances of clothing, the holster or something else pulling the trigger by accident. I'm convinced, however, that at least 90% of AD/ND are due to the booger hook being on the bang switch.
I offer you Post #22 http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/glock-leg-syndrome-77108/#post1028561

Cute sayings don't keep you safe. Knowledge helps.
Devin556 Likes This 
Old 08-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #133

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG7IL

I offer you Post #22 http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/glock-leg-syndrome-77108/#post1028561

Cute sayings don't keep you safe. Knowledge helps.
I'm not quite sure if you are attempting to agree or disagree with my previous post? The post you refer to certainly doesn't refute anything I said. A Glock in proper working order will not fire unless the trigger safety is depressed.

Any gun is by its nature a dangerous tool but proper handling and adherence to accepted safety practices will mitigate almost all of that danger.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #134
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1726 Times on 958 Posts
Likes Given: 5263

Quote:
I'm convinced, however, that at least 90% of AD/ND are due to the booger hook being on the bang switch.
Quote:
A Glock in proper working order will not fire unless the trigger safety is depressed. .
Unrefuted (and unfounded) 10% must be something else.

hmmmm 10% must be something else
hmmmm something other than a booger hook. hmmmmmm
thinking-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000339-large.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 10-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #135

years ago I was involved in a motorcycle accident in which an elderly couple have a left hand turn in front of me and left me NO WHERE to go but directly into the passenger door. I saw that car in front of me up to about 15' and from there the brain said-"nope, you're not watching this as you hit the door". I flew over the car completely and then remember looking up at the sky as I lay on the road.
Fast forward 25 years- working construction all my life and was installing a new bridge over a river close to home. Temporary supports under the bridge girders fails/collapsed and down we go. Brain said- "nope, your not watching this either". I do remember seeing blue sky I think, but in my minds eye, I didn't see anything. Don't remember thinking oh sh^t either, but I'm sure I said or screamed more. The mind does look out for you in ways that can be to your benefit.
Those are my stories and I'm sticking with them, unfortunately!!!
OP- hope that heals up without complications. Thanks for the pic, now I'm off to bed and dream of shooting myself with one of my three Glocks. Thanks... :-("

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I lost a leg in a train accident. I remember that morning at home, I remember a snippet of the ambulance ride, I remember a snippet of being in the emergency room. I remember my Mom telling me she told me not to play with trains, and then it was lights out for weeks.

To this day, almost fifty years later, I remember nothing of the accident. Your photograph is.gruesome, and thank God I have never seen any accident scene photos of my event.

Trauma mixes stuff up in your mind. A blessing in most cases.

You not remembering pulling the trigger is not the same as not pulling the trigger.

Could your after market changes make a Glock go off by accident, no trigger involved? I do not know, but I do know trauma alteres memories, even invents new memories.

Glad you are healing well.

This is a lesson for all reading this, do not play with trains, and do not alter the trigger of an EDC pistol. I would push that a bit more, and say, do not alter any trigger on anything. Like someone else said, not to your liking, get another factory stock gun you do like.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:36 AM   #136

Liked 71 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 81

WAIT A MINUTE... So a aftermarket modification installed on the gun fails and you blame the Glock ..... really?

Darn unsafe Glocks, slam fired through my hand thousands of times.

No but all in good fun if you F with factory components on anything you risk a malfunction...Duh this is why everything in the world has a disclaimer now. I cannot say Glock made a bad call, did you not read and understand the manual?

Last edited by deathkricket; 10-24-2013 at 04:38 AM.

Old 10-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #137

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkricket
WAIT A MINUTE... So a aftermarket modification installed on the gun fails and you blame the Glock ..... really?

Darn unsafe Glocks, slam fired through my hand thousands of times.

No but all in good fun if you F with factory components on anything you risk a malfunction...Duh this is why everything in the world has a disclaimer now. I cannot say Glock made a bad call, did you not read and understand the manual?
M power baby..... oh yeah!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #138
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
And he has forearms like Popeye! Ever shoot 50 rounds through a Ruger LCP or 50 rounds through a revolver DAO? Your hand shakes like Michael J. Fox for a couple of hours afterward. Forget even trying to type on a keyboard afterward.
When I shoot my GP 100 in DAO, my hand gets tired real fast. It is my home defense weapon and while I practice with it, I don't ever intend on shooting it extensively. It is a beast.

Also, every gun I own is just as it was the day I bought it. I don't let anyone modify any of my guns. I like them just the way they are and that's why I bought that particular gun.

I have read every post on this thread and have learned a lot. Thanks.
Argyle_Armoring Likes This 
Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #139

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Hoooooly mother I just saw this thread, damn OP so glad you are ok and are all healed up. That pic was pretty disturbing. G30SF is also my alternate carry gun so this concerns me very much.

I may have missed it already, but what aftermarket mods did you install to the 30SF?

I wanna know how in the hell the gun discharged without activating the trigger spring.

So, there was obviously a round chambered.....you racked it back and it flew forward correct?

Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 AM   #140

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator
+1 bro. I felt this early on & quit following the thread. Glad I took a gander at the right time.
I broke this down the same way you did Danolator. I'm just having a hard time seeing how this happened. No offense, and, OP, I'm sorry for disagreeing with you.