GLOCK compensator pistols
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > GLOCK compensator pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default GLOCK compensator pistols

Has anyone fired one of the "C" model glocks, and is it worth the extra cash?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Comps are bad news for carry, but they do help keep the muzzle down for target shooting.

Old 02-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #3

Why are they bad news for carry?

Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The compensator is there to release the expanding gas upward before the bullet leaves the muzzle. This gas is always on fire and usually carries unburnt powder with it.

Imagine having to deal with this as you're engaging multiple targets in low illumination:

Old 02-21-2008, 04:59 AM   #5

I have carried a Glock 23C for duty use for 5 years, and also have a Glock 24C. I've put about 15,000 rounds through them all told.
The recoil on the 24C is almost non existant, and on the 23C it's much less "snappy". Much more controllable. As far as the issues stated above, even with "wrist on hip" drills, I have never had anything blow back into my face. Although it I'm sure it could happen. If you are engaging someone in a low light situation, the extra flash from the ports isn't going to be any more a detriment to your night vision than the muzzle flash from a non-compensated/ not ported barrel. If you're shooting at someone in the dark, you better have your flashlight on anyway. So, for the few extra bucks, I would opt for the compensated model.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:05 AM   #6

Default Glock 22C

I have the 22C and i love it. It is very easy to bring back on target. the picture above is not entirely accurate the flames that come out the ANGLED ports are not as high and certainly not that big. I have fired the 22C in many lowlight situations as well as 2 completely dark situations. The muzzle flash was quick and non impairing. I would recommend the C models very highly.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #7

I've shot low light qualifications for duty use and see no issues with a compensated gun. As far as affecting the shooter I think it's a wives tale. However, the guy trying to qual next to you may have a problem because everyone that has shot next to me whines and complains!

Old 05-16-2008, 03:25 AM   #8

I have the 21c and a 17c. I like the C models. I also have fired the C models in low light situations and there is no noticeable "blinding flash".

The C model shouldn't be that much more $$ if any..

Also if you don't happen to like the compensation for 120.00 you can buy a new
non-comp barrel and drop it in.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
The compensator is there to release the expanding gas upward before the bullet leaves the muzzle. This gas is always on fire and usually carries unburnt powder with it.

Imagine having to deal with this as you're engaging multiple targets in low illumination:

Ha! The power of advertising - Nothing more. I've used and carried a muzzle-ported Glock, everyday, for the past 5 years. Put a good 10,000 rounds down the barrel, too. Know what? I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about. (And, I already know that neither do you!)