Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock combat holster? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-combat-holster-59374/)

invicta8926 03-04-2012 12:42 AM

Glock combat holster?

I am 99% sure that I'm going to order a Glock 23 factory combat holster. I have looked up many reviews and think it could work for me. Does anyone have any first hand experience with this holster? Can you adjust the cant enough or no?

j2sw 03-07-2012 09:32 PM

I looked at the factory one but settled on a Blackhawk holster instead.

invicta8926 03-08-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2sw

Did it happen to be the level 2 serpa holster?

Byron0022 03-08-2012 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j2sw (Post 732251)

Blackhawk. Carried well overseas for me, bought one for each gun that its available for.

invicta8926 03-08-2012 04:11 PM

For me It's between the Glock factory holster and the Blackhawk serpa level 2.

USMC-03 03-08-2012 04:28 PM

The Serpa is a pretty good holster, I have a couple of them. I have an Uncle Mikes reflex holster that I like a little better, check it out if you haven't already. I don't have any experience with the Glock factory holster.

invicta8926 03-08-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC-03
The Serpa is a pretty good holster, I have a couple of them. I have an Uncle Mikes reflex holster that I like a little better, check it out if you haven't already. I don't have any experience with the Glock factory holster.

My question to you would be, is the level 2 serpa holster easily concealed under a shirt without a light jafke?

invicta8926 03-08-2012 06:18 PM

I meant to say jacket.

FCross7 03-08-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invicta8926 (Post 733414)
My question to you would be, is the level 2 serpa holster easily concealed under a shirt without a light jafke?

No. Retention holsters like the Serpa aren't really made for concealment. They may be marketed as such, but there are much better options for an OWB concealment holster.

If you are interested in the Serpa, google it and do some research before you buy it. There is a lot of bad juju going around about that holster due to some design issues. It's been banned by many of the major firearms training schools and a good number of LE Agencies.

There is a holster that is similar in the way it locks up, but the lock is released by your thumb. It's called the 5.11 Thumb Drive, made by Blade Tech. I have one for my Glock 19 and like it much more than the serpa that I used to have.

Are you looking solely for a concealment holster? If so, IWB is typically easier to conceal. A really good option is the Raven Concealment Systems Phantom. It's a modular holster that has about 6 different mounting options. It can be worn OWB, IWB or IWB Tuckable. All you have to do is remove 4 screws, change the mounting system and put the screws back in, takes less than 5 minutes.

I recently got one for my Glock 19 and love it. It's become my new EDC holster over my Crossbreed.

-Fred

Byron0022 03-08-2012 06:45 PM

There is a video that was posted in this forum of a guy quick drawing a 1911 with a thumb driver holster and shot himself. I've ordered one in the past at GT's but got tired of waiting on it so I cancelled my order and bought something different.