Glock charging handle?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock charging handle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock charging handle?

I been looking for a charging handle for my glock 23 any good ones out there anyone has? I find them good in some situations like wounded hand or broke hand what you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #2

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2390 View Post
I been looking for a charging handle for my glock 23 any good ones out there anyone has? I find them good in some situations like wounded hand or broke hand what you think?
Um... Well... I suppose the upside is that the laws of physics make it virtually impossible to make a GLOCK any uglier than it already is... So Yeah, go for it, but you MUST post picks!

I'm betting this will be EPIC and on par with the "Homey" Night Sights!

On a serious note, I'll admit the I'm no expert on GLOCK accessories... But... I've never heard of a charging handle for a handgun.

Most folks accomplish racking the slide 1 handed with a replacement rear sight. They have a vertical face on the muzzle side so you can brace it against a solid object and shove "1 handed" to cycle the weapon.

Tack

Old 06-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2865 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 254

You want to "what if" the situation to death? "What if" your trip and fill your barrel with mud? You gonna walk around with a condom over your muzzle? "What if" you get in a prolonged gun battle? Are you going to carry 300 rounds of ammo loaded in magazines all around your belt?

There are some accessories that have ZERO purpose in the real world. A "racker" or charging knob on a handgun is just such a deal. They are meant for open class IPSC guns with scope mounts that cover the slide to the point you cannot get a grip on it.

Step away from the mall ninja catalog and buy the #1 accessory necessary for a fighting handgun...a case of ammo.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

People Like This 
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #4

The best accesory for someone that can't rack a slide is a revolver.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #5

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar88xj6 View Post
The best accesory for someone that can't rack a slide is a revolver.
Because one handed reloading of a revolver is easy?

Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #6

Liked 2294 Times on 1347 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Um... Well... I suppose the upside is that the laws of physics make it virtually impossible to make a GLOCK any uglier than it already is... So Yeah, go for it, but you MUST post picks!

I'm betting this will be EPIC and on par with the "Homey" Night Sights!

On a serious note, I'll admit the I'm no expert on GLOCK accessories... But... I've never heard of a charging handle for a handgun.

Most folks accomplish racking the slide 1 handed with a replacement rear sight. They have a vertical face on the muzzle side so you can brace it against a solid object and shove "1 handed" to cycle the weapon.

Tack

Charging handles are more for competition guns where the rear sight has been removed and a red dot sight has been mounted in a milled inlet in the slide.

I'm with Tack on this one. If its a defensive weapon that you carry, I'd keep it simple and learn to rack the slide with the rear sight on a boot lip, or a belt edge, or pocket. Just keep your finger out of the trigger guard while you do it. Practice with dummy rounds.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got plenty of ammo I'm not worried about that ha!! I personally really love the glock it's simple black and made to kill I don't want flashy crap lol. But everyone's different I mean the grip tape on the slide would be good to have to for the sweaty hands guy lol.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Charging handles are more for competition guns where the rear sight has been removed and a red dot sight has been mounted in a milled inlet in the slide.

I'm with Tack on this one. If its a defensive weapon that you carry, I'd keep it simple and learn to rack the slide with the rear sight on a boot lip, or a belt edge, or pocket. Just keep your finger out of the trigger guard while you do it. Practice with dummy rounds.
Guess I'm not "up" on "race gun" accessories...

Tack

Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock2390 View Post
I got plenty of ammo I'm not worried about that ha!! I personally really love the glock it's simple black and made to kill I don't want flashy crap lol. But everyone's different I mean the grip tape on the slide would be good to have to for the sweaty hands guy lol.
Grip tape on the slide?

Buddy... enthusiasm is good an all but your should take the earlier advice of Robocop10mm and PUT DOWN the mall ninja catalog...

Seriously buddy, try to CCW a pistol with grip tape on the slide... bet drawing and re-holstering would be a bit "rough".

Tack

Old 06-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Guess I'm not "up" on "race gun" accessories...

Tack
Can we just leave RACE out of one frikkin thread please?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.