Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock charging handle? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-charging-handle-92461/)

glock2390 06-18-2013 04:22 AM

Glock charging handle?
 
I been looking for a charging handle for my glock 23 any good ones out there anyone has? I find them good in some situations like wounded hand or broke hand what you think?

Tackleberry1 06-18-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock2390 (Post 1279441)
I been looking for a charging handle for my glock 23 any good ones out there anyone has? I find them good in some situations like wounded hand or broke hand what you think?

Um... Well... I suppose the upside is that the laws of physics make it virtually impossible to make a GLOCK any uglier than it already is... So Yeah, go for it, but you MUST post picks! :confused:

I'm betting this will be EPIC and on par with the "Homey" Night Sights! :D

On a serious note, I'll admit the I'm no expert on GLOCK accessories... But... I've never heard of a charging handle for a handgun.

Most folks accomplish racking the slide 1 handed with a replacement rear sight. They have a vertical face on the muzzle side so you can brace it against a solid object and shove "1 handed" to cycle the weapon. ;)

Tack

robocop10mm 06-18-2013 06:12 AM

You want to "what if" the situation to death? "What if" your trip and fill your barrel with mud? You gonna walk around with a condom over your muzzle? "What if" you get in a prolonged gun battle? Are you going to carry 300 rounds of ammo loaded in magazines all around your belt?

There are some accessories that have ZERO purpose in the real world. A "racker" or charging knob on a handgun is just such a deal. They are meant for open class IPSC guns with scope mounts that cover the slide to the point you cannot get a grip on it.

Step away from the mall ninja catalog and buy the #1 accessory necessary for a fighting handgun...a case of ammo.

jaguar88xj6 06-18-2013 01:24 PM

The best accesory for someone that can't rack a slide is a revolver.

SSGN_Doc 06-18-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaguar88xj6 (Post 1279694)
The best accesory for someone that can't rack a slide is a revolver.

Because one handed reloading of a revolver is easy?

SSGN_Doc 06-18-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 1279446)
Um... Well... I suppose the upside is that the laws of physics make it virtually impossible to make a GLOCK any uglier than it already is... So Yeah, go for it, but you MUST post picks! :confused:

I'm betting this will be EPIC and on par with the "Homey" Night Sights! :D

On a serious note, I'll admit the I'm no expert on GLOCK accessories... But... I've never heard of a charging handle for a handgun.

Most folks accomplish racking the slide 1 handed with a replacement rear sight. They have a vertical face on the muzzle side so you can brace it against a solid object and shove "1 handed" to cycle the weapon. ;)

Tack


Charging handles are more for competition guns where the rear sight has been removed and a red dot sight has been mounted in a milled inlet in the slide.

I'm with Tack on this one. If its a defensive weapon that you carry, I'd keep it simple and learn to rack the slide with the rear sight on a boot lip, or a belt edge, or pocket. Just keep your finger out of the trigger guard while you do it. Practice with dummy rounds.

glock2390 06-18-2013 02:11 PM

I got plenty of ammo I'm not worried about that ha!! I personally really love the glock it's simple black and made to kill I don't want flashy crap lol. But everyone's different I mean the grip tape on the slide would be good to have to for the sweaty hands guy lol.

Tackleberry1 06-18-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc (Post 1279710)
Charging handles are more for competition guns where the rear sight has been removed and a red dot sight has been mounted in a milled inlet in the slide.

I'm with Tack on this one. If its a defensive weapon that you carry, I'd keep it simple and learn to rack the slide with the rear sight on a boot lip, or a belt edge, or pocket. Just keep your finger out of the trigger guard while you do it. Practice with dummy rounds.

Guess I'm not "up" on "race gun" accessories... :o

Tack

Tackleberry1 06-18-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock2390 (Post 1279717)
I got plenty of ammo I'm not worried about that ha!! I personally really love the glock it's simple black and made to kill I don't want flashy crap lol. But everyone's different I mean the grip tape on the slide would be good to have to for the sweaty hands guy lol.

Grip tape on the slide?

Buddy... enthusiasm is good an all but your should take the earlier advice of Robocop10mm and PUT DOWN the mall ninja catalog...

Seriously buddy, try to CCW a pistol with grip tape on the slide... bet drawing and re-holstering would be a bit "rough".;)

Tack

orangello 06-18-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 1280038)
Guess I'm not "up" on "race gun" accessories... :o

Tack

Can we just leave RACE out of one frikkin thread please? :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:53 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.