Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock Carbine Conversion Unit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock Carbine Conversion Unit

Hi All - there has been much speculation about the legalities of pistol-to-rifle conversion units. This troubled me when considering a Mech Tech unit. Upon researching the subject I discovered that a recent BATF ruling lays the subject to rest. Yes - it is perfectly legal to add a 16+" barrel and a shoulder stock to a pistol and then convert back to the original pistol. Mech Tech must have been pestered to death with this question and I see that they have posted detailed info on their forum with all the documentation needed - much of which I discovered elsewhere. It seems that the Mech Tech unit is also legal in CA if it has a 'bullet button' magazine release. Here is their site: MechTech - Home
I finally 'bit the bullet' and obtained a CCU from them - shoots great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here