Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock = Best

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Default Glock = Best

Ok my Glock brothers... I have only been a gun owner for 6 months.. That being said Ive been to shooting ranges over 20 times since January.. 2000 rds through my Sigma, 1000 through my Glock, my buddies 1911 and 12 gauges, and 100s of hours of research.. In this short time I have seen many guns malfunction... A Kimber someone was using in my CHL class jammed 2-3 times. My buddies 1911 gives him a minor problem every time we go.. Many other guns ive seen people use give them some issue big or small... Iny experience it has never been a Glock... Now I know Glocks have and can FTF & FTE and jam, but the % is far better than any other gun hands down. Do you agree? And why dont others agree???? Doesnt mean you have to like them but come on man.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
Do what you want and not what others want you to do!

Liked 1073 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I've had my Glock 35 since January and haven't had one problem. I do want a Ruger SR1911. I hope you're ready for a crap load of Glock ergonomics are horrible, it's like holding a cinder block, and so on.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00
I've had my Glock 35 since January and haven't had one problem. I do want a Ruger SR1911. I hope you're ready for a crap load of Glock ergonomics are horrible, it's like holding a cinder block, and so on.
Hopefully the Glock haters will learn to stay out of the Glock section.... Lol

Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #4

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

There reliability has never been a question to me I own a g30 thing has never jammed or failed to fire but it is uncomfortable to carry the grip is to big and at a odd angle and I'm inaccurate with it now i did have fte on my 1911 now and again but a change in recoil spring and extractor took care of that i also prefer its grip safety's and weight over the glock also I personally am a lot more accurate with a 1911 idk why but I like a heavier gun I do have to clean it a lot more than my glock but I don't mind just my 2 cents

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 AM   #5

Liked 36 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a 21, it's exceptionally well engineered and designed, without question. Easiest clean of them all. Accuracy no problem, one of if not the most accurate I own.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #6

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Erm. A 600$ gun is better than a 2000$ wilson combat?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Depends how you define better - kick them both around in the dirt and let me know how it works out for you

Old 07-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 8 Posts

I love my glock and I love my kimber. Never had a jam in either one. If I was in a situation were I had to grab one gun and leave quickly it would be my glock 23.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #9
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun
Sorry man. I drink the 1911 KoolAid, but even I have to say that's just a poor argument.

I can't give any real solid reasons for 1911 being a better choice over GLOCK. Its history, prices, availability, customizations... These things to me hold no functional value.

What I can tell is why I choose the 1911 over GLOCK. I'm accurate with a GLOCK. It shoots when you pull the bang switch. And I like the 1911 better. It feels better in my hand. I'm MORE accurate with it. I find the ungodly weight to be comforting. The ergonomics fit my tastes. I like an external safety on a semi auto, and I find these safeties instinctual to operate, and contrary to what some GLOCKers say, no, the safeties do NOT slow me down. I like the history of the design (but that's not my deciding factor). And mine has been flawlessly reliable. I've had a GLOCK jam, but I don't consider an example of the brand, because it was a range gun and God only knows how many times it was rented out or how often it was cleaned. I don't find maintaining my 1911 to be cumbersome, hard, or inconvenient. Someone like me who was trained to clean each and every range trip had it ingrained into the DNA almost. No big deal. Anyone can tell you that maintaining a tool is a duty that ensures good operation in the future. If the GLOCK requires less maintenance and that's your preference, fine, whatever. People like arguing capacity. okay, fine. I have seven rounds on tap. When I carried a revolver every day, I had six. I never felt under gunned, and still never do. So capacity is no argument to me, and I'm accustomed to going into a firefight with 200 rounds of linked ammo.

The 1911 is just the better choice to me. That doesn't make it best, just the best for me. If the GLOCK is the better choice for you, fine. It doesn't make it best, period, only the best for you.

And the argument about over 80% of police forces and militaries using GLOCK? Do we REALLY want to talk about the sensibility of governments? Not saying that makes it a bad choice. I'm just saying that operators packing what they're forced to is a moot point.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #10

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

I own both and neither is the best.