Glock Armorers Course Thoughts
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum >

Glock Armorers Course Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Glock Armorers Course Thoughts

I'm eligible to take the Glock Armorer's course. Is anyone here a certified Glock Armorer? Is it useful to take? It would be for my own personal benefit. I'm not an armorer for my department or agency. I've had no experience with breaking down handguns further than the standard "field strip."

Standard pricing is $195. Am I way in over my head?

What are the benefits of taking the class other than more in-depth knowledge about Glock pistols and detailed stripping/reassembly?

Do they require re-training every so often?

Do they give you training materials at the course?

http://www.glocktraining.com/files/AC_Course.pdf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #2

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

I have not taken the class, but my best friend has, and based on what he's told me, I would recommend taking it. When you're a certified Glock armorer, you can do Warranty repairs, plus you get to use a cool title "Certified Glock Armorer" which sets you apart from Joe Schmoe working out of his garage =)

But thats just hearsay from him.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

any time you can get more education you should do it.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

When i worked at the sheriff department i had alot more training then alot of the deputies that were there before me. Some just took the manditory classes that it took to keep their CLEET certifications up, i constantly checked in and signed up for every class i could. Even if i had taken the course or school before i would take it again whenever it came back around

Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #5

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
any time you can get more education you should do it.
+100 right there. If you can comfortably afford the course, and the cost is no question, jump on it.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The certification is good for 3 years. I have been an armorer since 2000. It's good training.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 01-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasshartt
The certification is good for 3 years. I have been an armorer since 2000. It's good training.
I think it's strange that it's only good for 3 years. The Glock design has changed very little in its 25ish years in existence, and just about all of those changes were cosmetic.

Seems awfully silly to make people come back every three years to learn the exact same material. Something like every ten years I could understand, but every three is excessive IMO.

I'm interested in doing though because it will look good on a resume.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks like I'll sign up.

Do they give you any materials? Books/manuals/etc.?

What is the purpose of a 3-year "qualification?" What happens at the end of the 3-years? Can you no longer call yourself a "Glock Armorer?"

Old 01-17-2012, 02:30 AM   #9

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCross7

I think it's strange that it's only good for 3 years. The Glock design has changed very little in its 25ish years in existence, and just about all of those changes were cosmetic.

Seems awfully silly to make people come back every three years to learn the exact same material. Something like every ten years I could understand, but every three is excessive IMO.

I'm interested in doing though because it will look good on a resume.

-Fred
I would have to say I agree with you. Doesn't make sense to me.

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1191 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

You might want to download and read the free Glock Armorers PDF, about 75 pages. I read it and it's easy stuff, no need to actually take the class unless you want to. Not trying to talk you out of the class, just pointing out you can get up to speed for free which is what I did. Being an armorer though, you can get Glock parts that they won't sell to average folks and I believe you can buy two Glocks at LE prices.

A Google search should pull up the manual.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek