Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-87237/)

mcclought 03-23-2013 07:49 PM

Glock

How safe is it to carry a glock with one chambered after a 3.5 trigger job

chrishiggin29 03-23-2013 07:58 PM

It's just as safe. All my glocks have 3.5 connectors and never had a accidental discharge. It's not goina fire till you pull the trigger

Sniper03 03-23-2013 08:06 PM

No problem at all! Although I wounder the real benefit of the 3.5 lb trigger over the 5.5? But whatever! Most good holsters also protect the trigger area from being snagged on anything. That would be the only issue with the trigger even being lighter as well as the standard or NY Trigger! As Chris stated to get the Glock to fire the trigger safety mechanism on the face of the trigger must be depressed as well as the trigger pulled to the rear. Carried one for years on duty when I was working and today for CCW.

shouldazagged 03-23-2013 08:19 PM

If it's a CC self-defense piece, the thought of the 3.5 pound connector terrifies me personally, but that's just my opinion. I no longer own a Glock, but considered having both of mine fitted with the 8 pound "New York" trigger. In the stress of an emergency situation it seemed to me that the more definite a decision to fire was required, the better. I don't even want the option of single-action revolver fire for self defense, so my EDC is a concealed-hammer J-frame. If, God forbid, I have to fire, I want to be very sure it's on purpose.

Of course YMMV, and I'm sure many knowedgeable people will violently disagree.

I know, the answer is keeping your finger out of the trigger guard till ready to fire, but adrenalin can be a damn tricky thing.

Vincine 03-23-2013 09:43 PM

I'm sure a lighter trigger makes a difference in competition. I don't see it making a difference hitting somewhere in center mass during a self defense situation.

levelcross 03-24-2013 05:23 PM

While my Glock has the stock 5.5 trigger, I personally don't feel the need to go to the 3.5. So I'll say depending on the training, equipment and maintenance the 3.5 trigger should be every bit as safe as the 5.5. The function is the same with just a lighter pull. If it floats your boat go for it.

locutus 03-26-2013 07:09 PM

It's as safe as a DA revolver. i.e., as safe as you can get in a handgun.

I have 3.5 lb triggers ion all of my glocks, but IMHO, they are best suited to experienced Glock handlers.

For a "social work" weapon they aren't needed.

dango 03-26-2013 11:27 PM

No matter the trigger , it,s more about your time vested and your safety habits.

yogiboobooranger 03-27-2013 02:03 PM

Shooting competition, I would lean towards the lighter trigger pull. For Personal Protection and conceal carry, leave the stock trigger as it came from the factory. JMHO of course :)

Rentacop 04-04-2013 01:51 AM

Guys-
Any gun modification you do could be fodder for lawyers if you ever shoot anyone . I would avoid unnecessary modifications but if I thought something would make the gun a lot better, I'd do it and risk the lawyer games .
Massad Ayoob advises you to use a stock gun for defense .