Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock .45 battle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-45-battle-47112/)

Glockpotion23 08-20-2011 01:15 PM

Glock .45 battle

I know i said i was looking to get a 1911 for my .45 but i decided to hold off a while and get another Glock. The 1911 just seems like a girlfriend while the Glocks the wife:) Anyway, i believe Glock makes three .45 acp models, 21,30,36. I can dig the G21 but, IMO, whatever gun i purchase i want to carry if ever desired. Which leaves the G30....good firepower,compact,HD or CCW friendly. I think i found my next toy:D Whats your guys choice on .45 Glock? I know its no "legendary" 1911 but still:rolleyes:

Firearms4ever 08-20-2011 01:44 PM

I know Cane's got to disagree with that, and I do too ;). I have yet to buy a .45 caliber Glock or any polymer handgun, but I probably will one of these days. My choice would be either the Glock 30 or Glock 21.

Quentin 08-20-2011 02:07 PM

It would be hard for me to buy a Glock in .45 since I have and love the 1911 (and have three). I'm old and old school and over the years have bought a lot of .45s and 9mms, all steel framed except for one small 9mm. I'm new to Glock but now am a fan. I had two "holes" in my gun collection, no Glock and no 40S&W so I bought a G22 then G23.

Anyway, I see both sides of the argument but to me if you really, really want a .45ACP it's hard to ignore a Colt.

DodgerBlue 08-20-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockpotion23 (Post 566617)
I know i said i was looking to get a 1911 for my .45 but i decided to hold off a while and get another Glock. The 1911 just seems like a girlfriend while the Glocks the wife:) Anyway, i believe Glock makes three .45 acp models, 21,30,36. I can dig the G21 but, IMO, whatever gun i purchase i want to carry if ever desired. Which leaves the G30....good firepower,compact,HD or CCW friendly. I think i found my next toy:D Whats your guys choice on .45 Glock? I know its no "legendary" 1911 but still:rolleyes:

First off, this is a "thumbs Up" for you thread.

If you want to carry I suggest the 36. single stack .45 acp 7+1. Just big enough for 3 fingers and excellent control in a compact. And 1 more point to choose the 36, it doesn't have that stupid picatinny rail that I think takes away from the Glock's natural beauty lines

canebrake 08-20-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

I know i said i was looking to get a 1911 for my .45 but i decided to hold off a while and get another Glock. The 1911 just seems like a girlfriend while the Glocks the wife:) Anyway, i believe Glock makes three .45 acp models, 21,30,36. I can dig the G21 but, IMO, whatever gun i purchase i want to carry if ever desired. Which leaves the G30....good firepower,compact,HD or CCW friendly. I think i found my next toy Whats your guys choice on .45 Glock? I know its no "legendary" 1911 but still

The 1911 as a girlfriend?? Its more like a MILF grandma, a really hot, still in shape one! :p

My old and rotten experience was with a Gen 1 G22. I can not tell you how much I hated that firearm. I may hate the 40 S&W round even more. That gun made me look bad, I could 10 ring the first shot then never hit paper on the double tap. That was due to the snappy round and in my case, the inability for me to control the muzzle flip. I do not like the grip. Never did figure that gun out and when my friends, and more importantly, my son would shoot the damn thing it worked fine. I couldn't blame the gun. I fixed the problem, I gave it to my son.

I stayed away from glocks like I stayed away from Daewoos for years. (GM assigned me a manual transmission woowoo as a daily driver. The first day I sat at the main gate and slipped the clutch untill it seperated. I then had it towed back in the proving grounds and was assigned a Suburban as a replacement. :o)

I went shooting with utf59 a year ago and he offered-up his G30 for my evaluation knowing full well my dislike of the mark. This was utf59's quote;

"I figured Cane was just being polite taking a turn with the Glocks."

This is a quote from my 8/2/2010 post;

Here's a canebrake "mea culpa", I shot his .45 ACP glock and.......wait for it.......the "man chambered" glock was a good shooter. Wow that was hard to get out! (I won't mention the trigger take-up and the standard glock black brick feel in my strong side hand.)

I think, had my first glock encounter had been a .45 ACP, I may have a far better opinion of the mark.

The G30 shot well but it contains no JM Browning DNA which is a must for this old man to open his wallet.

As much as you guys love your glocks, it's only exceeded by my love of 1911s and more specifically, Colts.

I have come to respect your position and only ask you respond in kind.

I'm just sad to see a potential "new" 1911 owner stall in what is an incredible experience.

Pax my brothers. - cane http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...ons/cowboy.gif

Quentin 08-20-2011 09:07 PM

Well said, Cane! I can't imagine not having a 1911 and you can't beat Colt...

Odd how we're all so different when it comes to Glock. I love my G22.

canebrake 08-20-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 566840)
Well said, Cane! I can't imagine not having a 1911 and you can't beat Colt...

Odd how we're all so different when it comes to Glock. I love my G22.

vive la différence!

Think what it would be like if we all loved the G22?

We would be the democratic party! :eek::eek:

Glockpotion23 08-20-2011 11:51 PM

Whats even worse is that i told my girlfriend i wouldnt buy anymore guns. Now im looking to get the G30 sf and eventually a 1911:eek: What started out as a hobby has quickly turned into a addictive passion:o

Rarity 08-21-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Anyway, i believe Glock makes three .45 acp models, 21,30,36. I can dig the G21 but, IMO, whatever gun i purchase i want to carry if ever desired.:

The short framed versions of the 21 and 30 model also. The 36 sounds like a wonderful choice for concealing. I would go with that if I ever were for the .45. The 26 is good enough for me. The 27 I don't know anymore lol

big shrek 08-21-2011 03:27 PM

Cane, ya DO know you can get an aftermarket trigger for the Glock which will make you MUCH happier with one ;)

I prefer the Glock 20 series...10mm has a lot more to offer in raw power :D

Sounds at the range are...
9mm...pop...pop...pop...
.40Short & Wimpy...Pow...Pow...Pow...
.45ACP...Boom...Boom...Boom...
10mm...BLAMMO...BLAMMO...BLAMMO...

Better ballistics and scarier noise, the best of both worlds ;)

:D