Glock 42, possibly the best .380 ever made? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 42, possibly the best .380 ever made?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1843 Times on 1262 Posts
Likes Given: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I find that pretty interesting because I have ran 4 different kinds of HPs throught it and the only ones out of the 4 that would not cycle consistantly were federal hydra shoks . Pdx-1 , hornadays and rangers cycle fine through it . I think alot of people down this little pistol because they had some bad guns / recalls in the beginning and everyone keeps passing the BS along about how terrible they are and most have never handled one, let alone fired one. Glock, S&W and Springfield and the rest of them have all had their flaws and recalls .
I have shot several 9mm diamondbacks. I didn't like anything about them. The reason I was shooting the diamondbacks is they wouldn't run. I can make the JA pistols run, they are much maligned. I cannot make a diamondback run with any kind of HP ammo. I gave up on them years ago. Maybe they have improved but they will not get my money.

I heard the same about Kel Tec too. People say they have shot tens of thousands of rounds without a hitch. I can't run 500 rounds through one without something breaking.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-01-2014 at 12:15 AM.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:12 AM   #32

I shot a family member's G42 today. So far it's the only Glock I've enjoyed shooting. I'll likely get one for carry, but I'm still leaning towards getting a P238 eventually. Not necessarily the best ever, but it is rather nice.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:55 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 140 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 184

LGS had one of these on the shelf today, and for no particular reason at all, I now own a G42. I don't carry a .380 often. I don't carry my other Glocks often. Ammo is more expensive than it should be.

The only reason I can come up with is a like small guns, and having a tiny(ish) gun that looks identical to it's larger counterpart was both interesting and amusing to me. I don't know...

Fun little shooter though!

Last edited by otisthecat; 09-20-2014 at 02:10 AM.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 09-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #34

The glock 42 is an awesome gun. I used it in the concealed weapons class. I purchased mine in February along with my glock 36.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #35

Liked 1261 Times on 694 Posts
Likes Given: 1930

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat View Post
LGS had one of these on the shelf today, and for no particular reason at all, I now own a G42. I don't carry a .380 often. I don't carry my other Glocks often. Ammo is more expensive than it should be.

The only reason I can come up with is a like small guns, and having a tiny(ish) gun that looks identical to it's larger counterpart was both interesting and amusing to me. I don't know...

Fun little shooter though!
I like your way of thinking....I bought a $125 Skeet-Reese fishing rod because it's Yellow and Black......It matches my tackle bag, and my fishin hat......

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Last edited by rn-cindy; 09-26-2014 at 11:10 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-28-2014, 06:06 AM   #36

Liked 26 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My daughter finally picked up her G 42 today. She had it on lay a way for the past 3 months.
We went to the range and set up our targets at 21 ft./7 yds.
She shot it great! All of her rounds hit in the COM. She was shooting a mix of 95 gr fmj Georgia Arms canned heat, and Freedom Arms, 100 gr fmj.
She was a happy camper, and said, I'm glad you recommended this gun for me Daddy.

I was also shooting one of my G 42's and it shot excellent for me also. I was using the Freedom Arms 100 gr fmj as well. I bought my first one in July, and the 2nd in Aug. Very nice back up to my back up...lol So far I have shot Georgia Arms canned heat, Freedom Arms re-manufactured and new, Fiocchi 95 gr fmj, as well as Hornady Critical Defense. (My carry rounds.) It has eaten and spit out everything without a hitch.

I decided to shoot my G 33 (357 SIG,) love that gun/round combination. Kept all my 31 rounds in COM, at 7 yds. My daughter said, that sure is loud Daddy..lol
The Glocks are very manageable in 357 SIG, and yes, they are quite loud.

As always, stay safe.

NRA
GT (Member of Bull Dawgs Club/Big Dawgs Club)
GSSF
USCCA
DC
PAFOA
DEF. HANDGUNS
AMERICAN GUN OWNERS
CONCEALED CARRY
*Concealed means...Concealed!

Last edited by MrGlock45; 09-28-2014 at 06:12 AM.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #37
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1088 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 242

When odumber turns control of the usa to the united nations and a single stack low capasity .380 will be the largest gun you can own (with two years of paperwork) then you will understand why Glock made the 42.

Old 09-28-2014, 12:01 PM   #38
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7440 Times on 4061 Posts
Likes Given: 15311

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
When odumber turns control of the usa to the united nations and a single stack low capasity .380 will be the largest gun you can own (with two years of paperwork) then you will understand why Glock made the 42.
That is completely ridiculous! We won't be allowed any guns.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 09-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #39

Liked 393 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Glock has once again marveled me.
I can hardly wait till Glock starts making pick-up trucks!

Old 10-07-2014, 06:51 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1843 Times on 1262 Posts
Likes Given: 672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlock45 View Post
My daughter finally picked up her G 42 today. She had it on lay a way for the past 3 months.
We went to the range and set up our targets at 21 ft./7 yds.
She shot it great! All of her rounds hit in the COM. She was shooting a mix of 95 gr fmj Georgia Arms canned heat, and Freedom Arms, 100 gr fmj.
She was a happy camper, and said, I'm glad you recommended this gun for me Daddy.

I was also shooting one of my G 42's and it shot excellent for me also. I was using the Freedom Arms 100 gr fmj as well. I bought my first one in July, and the 2nd in Aug. Very nice back up to my back up...lol So far I have shot Georgia Arms canned heat, Freedom Arms re-manufactured and new, Fiocchi 95 gr fmj, as well as Hornady Critical Defense. (My carry rounds.) It has eaten and spit out everything without a hitch.

I decided to shoot my G 33 (357 SIG,) love that gun/round combination. Kept all my 31 rounds in COM, at 7 yds. My daughter said, that sure is loud Daddy..lol
The Glocks are very manageable in 357 SIG, and yes, they are quite loud.

As always, stay safe.
My daughter will buy any gun that I own. She graduated from college before she decided to become a gun owner. I had a Ruger P95. She came home and shot my P95. A couple weeks later she calls me saying how much she loves her P95. She got her concealed carry permit. Then she bought a Kel Tec P3AT that actually shoots because I have a P3AT. I got a Gen4 G19. A couple months later she has a Gen 4 G19 and the P3AT is a purse pet. Now she is wanting to bring her P95 here for me to sell. I am hoping she will decide to keep the P95 for a night stand gun. I had only one fish on the line that wanted a P95.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato