Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 42, possibly the best .380 ever made?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I own a few glocks , Im just very confused with why they went .380 when they could have built a smaller 9mm . Other than just to have a .380 in their line up . Its still bigger than alot of current CCW 9mm's with the same capacity . Recoil is roughly the same between the 2 . Its not really small enough to be a bug . Im not a huge fan of the Diamondback DB 9mm but its screams Glock all over it with the way it breaks down / disassembles, and the way the trigger feels. To be quite honest I wouldnt be surprised if DB isnt paying royalties because of the design The grip is deeper than I like but its managable even with smaller hands . I know most Glock fans will swarm this one and give it lots of praise for its size and picking up another caliber . I just feel Glock failed on making what I would call a micro compact 9 when they went with the .380 instead of the 9mm

Diamondback DB9 Specs

Caliber: 9x19MM
Length: 5.60”
Height: 4.00”
Width: 0.80”
Barrel Length: 3.00”
Distance Between Sights: 4.25”
Weight (unloaded): 11 oz
Trigger Pull: ≈5.5#
Magazine Capacity: 6+1 Rds

Glock 42 specs

Length: 5.94 in.
Height: 4.13 in.
Width: 0.94 in.

Barrel Length: 3.25 in.
Length Between Sights: 4.92 in.

Weights Unloaded: 13.76 oz.
Trigger Pull: 5.5 lbs.
Trigger Travel:0.49 in.

Barrel Rifling:right hand, hexagonal
Length of Twist: 9.84 in.

Magazine Capacity 6+1
I can tell you why he didn't buy a Diamondback, it is the only pistol that is more sketchy than a Kel Tec. I have never seen a Diamondback that will empty a magazine of HP ammo.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 328 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I can tell you why he didn't buy a Diamondback, it is the only pistol that is more sketchy than a Kel Tec. I have never seen a Diamondback that will empty a magazine of HP ammo.
I saw a DB right under the Glock 42 case... Haven't heard too many good things about them. Never tried them though.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...

Old 05-23-2014, 02:13 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 476

The Beretta Nano is a reliable gun. Here are it's details

Action Striker Barrel length (mm) 78 Barrel length (in) 3 Caliber 9x19 (PARA) Magazine 6 Overall height (mm) 106 Overall height (in) 4.17 Overall length (mm) 143 Overall length (in) 5.63 Overall width (mm) 23 Overall width (in) 0.9 Weight unloaded (g) 562 Weight unloaded (OZ) 19.8

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-23-2014, 12:21 PM   #24

Liked 120 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
Have you seen the Bersa thunder .380? I haven't personally handled the firearm but I hear it is top notch, maybe even better than the PPK.
+1 on the Bersa Thunder 380. It is a an easy gun to shoot with great recoil control. It is reliable and great choice for for conceal carry. The blowback action makes the pistol very consistent which allows the shooter to be very accurate.

Oh, and it will also fit in to almost any gun owner's budget!

But I would still like to give the G42 a try, maybe add it to the line up one day!!!

Last edited by qwiksdraw; 05-23-2014 at 12:26 PM.
BurgerBoy Likes This 
Old 05-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #25

Liked 62 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've shot a few different .380s and own a 42. Although I own a G17 and have had other Glocks, I'm of the opinion that they are a good, reliable value type gun. There's a whole list of better guns but most are quite a bit more expensive. As far as the G42 is concerned it is one of the nicer concealed types. It's a Baby Bear (not too small-not too big--just right). The grip, accuracy, sizing, comfort to shoot and reliability all combine to make a fine concealed carry. To the Glock naysayers--try shooting one first before shooting mouth off.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 176 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 491

Default Jump In

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
+1 on the Bersa Thunder 380. It is a an easy gun to shoot with great recoil control. It is reliable and great choice for for conceal carry. The blowback action makes the pistol very consistent which allows the shooter to be very accurate.

Oh, and it will also fit in to almost any gun owner's budget!

But I would still like to give the G42 a try, maybe add it to the line up one day!!!
Jump right in if you want to give the G42 a try. I've been abusing mine for about 3 months now and it is a great little gun. I didn't think much of it at first, but the longer I abuse it and it just keeps going and going, I have to begrudgingly give it respect.

“The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them”
― Miyamoto Musashi
"The only gunfight won is the one avoided."
― The Rukh
"Ignorance is treatable - stupidity is terminal."
― The Rukh

Old 05-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #27
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 360 Posts
Likes Given: 367

I only own one 380 can't say I like it much can't really see the need for this pip-squeak round.
But whatever floats your boat.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

People Like This 
Old 05-24-2014, 03:16 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I'll just stick with my .357 mangum.

Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro - Gave it to my Daughter to carry.
Carry Pistol. Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro Duotone 13+1.
Carry Revolver. S&W 640-1 .357 Magnum Pro Series.
Politicians should be limited to 2 terms - One in office and one in prison.

Old 05-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #29

Liked 120 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
I only own one 380 can't say I like it much can't really see the need for this pip-squeak round.
But whatever floats your boat.
I guess it would depend on which side of the barrel you're that would determine your perspective on size!

Old 05-28-2014, 03:01 AM   #30

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I find that pretty interesting because I have ran 4 different kinds of HPs throught it and the only ones out of the 4 that would not cycle consistantly were federal hydra shoks . Pdx-1 , hornadays and rangers cycle fine through it . I think alot of people down this little pistol because they had some bad guns / recalls in the beginning and everyone keeps passing the BS along about how terrible they are and most have never handled one, let alone fired one. Glock, S&W and Springfield and the rest of them have all had their flaws and recalls .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
qwiksdraw Likes This