Glock 36 Mags. Plastic Peeling off? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 36 Mags. Plastic Peeling off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Contact Glock Customer Service and explain the problem to them. If the magazine is not ancient, they will probably trade it out on warranty.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 02-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #12

Default Photo.

I didn't buy them from Glock. I bought them from CDNN. Like I said before, they seem to work fine but the plastic seems so thin in this area and it doesn't seem to have bonded well to the metal. I've enclosed a photo. The one on the right had the broken piece which I removed and lightly sanded. Function of the mags are fine. They are factory Glock marked 1725 on the bottom. the two that came with the new G36 have no numbers on the bottom.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #13

Liked 4784 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Default That's what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Actually fit has a LOT to do with surviving a gunfight. If a gun don't fit you and point naturally for you, you're NOT going to shoot it well when under stress. You need to clarify your "facts" as opinions.
Thanks for backing me up Stalking Bear. Look, if the Glock design works for you great! If you had to use it with rounds coming back you and it still worked, even better. All I'm saying is that the first test of any defensive hand gun should the ability to hit at man at 10 yards without the sights because when the SHTF I guarantee you won't be looking for them!

The only guys I find who like there Glock's are COPS and being a COP does not make you a shooter. Half of these guys and gals never fired a gun before there LEO instructor handed them, guess what? A Glock! Last interesting note: What happened to COPs in the 80's that dropper there hit ratios from 1 in 6 to 1 in 16...HMM...seem like that's about the time they all went to Glocks!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
If you read what I said again, you'll see that I did not mention " fit ". Sure fit matters. What I was talking about are those name-calling, insulting individuals who get worried if the Glock doen't feel as nice in their hands as a 1911.

BTW- Glocks point okay with their grip angle and shape.
There was no name calling from me? Just trying to point a fellow shooter in the right direction. I've shot most of the Glock models and your right, they just don't fit me. Also live in the Pacific NW and know that 2 Glock .45's have blow up on the Portland Police firing line in the last 10 years.

You're also right about John Browning not being God, Jeff Cooper is. However, that would make John Browning Jesus...Right?

Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #15

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lord have mercy, will someone kill this thread! Look different people like different weapons... period. They all throw lead down range. Get over it people and quite trying to force your opinion on each other. If it works for you great if it dosen't then don't shoot it. End of story.

Besides......

They aren't Smith and Wesson so they all are Sh*t.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockblues View Post
I didn't buy them from Glock. I bought them from CDNN. Like I said before, they seem to work fine but the plastic seems so thin in this area and it doesn't seem to have bonded well to the metal. I've enclosed a photo. The one on the right had the broken piece which I removed and lightly sanded. Function of the mags are fine. They are factory Glock marked 1725 on the bottom. the two that came with the new G36 have no numbers on the bottom.

Even if you didn't buy the mags from Glock, if they are Glock Factory mags, they will stand by their products. Contact them, if they won't do anything, oh well, if they replace it, great. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

From what I can see in the picture, it doesn't look bad enough to interfere with anything, but it can peel more. I have seen a mag for a 22 that had a whole bunch of plastic peeled off. The officer who carried it is a SWAT member and fires 1000's of rounds a year and the mags were working fine, but why chance it.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Last edited by Glasshartt; 03-01-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #17

Default White Lab's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterGA View Post
How about a follow-up on that Portland PD "disaster"? Wait! Let me save you the trouble. White Labs determined that the ammo was bad! I've fired over 200,000 of my reloads through my Glocks, most of which was fired through G21s. You'd think I'd have discovered a design failure if one existed, wouldn't you?
I've got a Chocolate Lab, seen Black Labs and Yellow Labs. Never seen a White Lab? We all know the best gun to have is the one your trust, the one you can shoot well, and to hell with anyone elses opinion, right... Personally, there's only 1 brand of gun that I don't trust and the simple reason is that I can't shoot them for shoot! If you can shoot em and you like em, more power to ya brother. At the end of the day were are enthusiast and all on the same side.

God love those of you who can shoot a Glock cause I sure as hell can't. But i guarantee an NRA action pistol competion between you Glockes and my 1911 would be good time for all

Old 04-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
There was no name calling from me? Just trying to point a fellow shooter in the right direction. I've shot most of the Glock models and your right, they just don't fit me. Also live in the Pacific NW and know that 2 Glock .45's have blow up on the Portland Police firing line in the last 10 years.
Check again.....any Glocks that have been reported as "blowing up" has been because of the ammo not the Glock