Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 36 Mags. Plastic Peeling off?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Glock 36 Mags. Plastic Peeling off?

Has anyone noticed a small piece of plastic peeling or breaking off in the front of the Glock 36 magazine? I'm talking about the plastic that is bonded to the metal just under the nose of the bullet where it feeds from the mag to the gun. I had to trim about an 1/8" piece off of two mags. They are all factory Glock mags. Is this normal? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2010, 11:59 PM   #2

Liked 4566 Times on 2209 Posts
Likes Given: 1378

Default Drop the Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockblues View Post
Has anyone noticed a small piece of plastic peeling or breaking off in the front of the Glock 36 magazine? I'm talking about the plastic that is bonded to the metal just under the nose of the bullet where it feeds from the mag to the gun. I had to trim about an 1/8" piece off of two mags. They are all factory Glock mags. Is this normal? Thanks.
If you must have Tupperware, trade that glock for a Springfield XD.
Fully supported internal steel frame-much stronger
Correct grip angle
Better trigger
Higher capacity Stainless magazines
And cheaper to boot!

Sorry for not answering your actual question but at least now your pointed in the right direction!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:36 AM   #3

This is the Glock forum is it not? Listen, I'm just asking a question here. I'm not trying to start trouble. I bought my first glock, model 36. I love it. It shoots great. I just noticed the plastic peeling off the front end of the mag and was wondering if this is ok or should I send the mags back to Glock. Thanks

Old 02-28-2010, 05:24 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockblues View Post
Not a Glock owner myself but generally I would say its not normal and either the mag has been dropped or some other contact has caused the plastic to come loose or be damaged in some way. Either way I would suggest getting replacement mags as there is just too much of a risk that a piece of that shedding plastic will find its way into some vital area of the chambering or firing mechanism and lead to a misfire or some other jamming of the guns workings.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Glockblues-
And while you are at it, trade your Honda in for a Chevy ( LOL).

There are a few hold-outs left in the world who refuse to acknowlege the genius of Gaston Glock. They have formed a guerrilla band and now hide in the FTF forums, coming out to ambush new posters and harass anyone who states the facts.
These guys don't like the Glock's looks, feel, grip shape and trigger but those factors don't decide a gun fight. Reliability, accuracy, rate of fire, sights and magazine capacity matter.
Compared to the Glock, with its years of use , the XD is, as its designation indicates, " experimental".

These guys think John Browning is God but he isn't. Jeff Cooper is.
__________________________________________________ _________
"Colts and Kimbers are what you show your friends.
GLOCKS are what you show your enemies."
The GLOCKsmith

Old 02-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #6

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Actually fit has a LOT to do with surviving a gunfight. If a gun don't fit you and point naturally for you, you're NOT going to shoot it well when under stress. You need to clarify your "facts" as opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Glockblues-
And while you are at it, trade your Honda in for a Chevy ( LOL).

There are a few hold-outs left in the world who refuse to acknowlege the genius of Gaston Glock. They have formed a guerrilla band and now hide in the FTF forums, coming out to ambush new posters and harass anyone who states the facts.
These guys don't like the Glock's looks, feel, grip shape and trigger but those factors don't decide a gun fight. Reliability, accuracy, rate of fire, sights and magazine capacity matter.
Compared to the Glock, with its years of use , the XD is, as its designation indicates, " experimental".

The GLOCKsmith

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-28-2010, 06:00 PM   #7

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 4

If you read what I said again, you'll see that I did not mention " fit ". Sure fit matters. What I was talking about are those name-calling, insulting individuals who get worried if the Glock doen't feel as nice in their hands as a 1911.

BTW- Glocks point okay with their grip angle and shape.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

In response to the OP, I have had a small amount of thin plastic peel away from the steel near the feed lips of the magazine in my G21. I trimmed it and had no problems with function. Cosmetic only in my case.

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Again-Glocks MAY fit/feel/point ok for YOU but that's again your opinion-not fact for everybody. Please clarify that.

Quote:

BTW- Glocks point okay with their grip angle and shape.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
, the XD is, as its designation indicates, " experimental".

The GLOCKsmith
BTW XD = Extreme Duty. Not sure which magazine you read the experimental part in but you got some bad data there.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington