Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Glock Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/)
-   -   Glock 36 issue (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f56/glock-36-issue-15066/)

wolfshead 06-24-2009 03:30 AM

Glock 36 issue

I have had my 36 for about 2 months now and have put close to 300 rounds through it. The last two times I was at the range, the slide seems to jam and the cartridge gets stuck when I pull the slide back.

Am I doing something wrong?

I release the mag, remove the cartridge and then load it again and it works.

Do any of you face the same issue?

:(

cpttango30 06-24-2009 06:00 PM

Are you getting Failure to extracts? If so what kind of ammo are you shooting. What is the weight of the recoil spring? Are you limp wristing it. I know that on most semi auto pistols if you limp wrist it that can cause malfunctions.

Gojubrian 06-24-2009 06:36 PM

I was thinking you might be limpwristing as well.

wolfshead 06-24-2009 11:44 PM

At the range I use .45 ACP Magtech 230gr FMC. All the parts are standard.

I tried using my spare mags and I don't have the slide problem with those. So I am assuming its a magazine spring issue.

I ordered the GTUL and some springs from Wolff.

M14sRock 06-25-2009 06:24 AM

Rack the slide and let it fly forward. Do not "help" it down, also called "riding". Do it fast and snappy.

AR762 06-25-2009 10:48 AM

What kind of ammo are you using?

I tried Silver Bear once, I had the same problem in both my G21 and G30. 1 out of every 5 rounds, got stuck in the chamber. I took the rest of the box home, and checked each casing of the ammo that wasn't fired, with a gauge.

They were all over the place. It was a poor quality of ammo issue for me.

wolfshead 06-26-2009 10:05 AM

I doubt its the ammo, it happens with expensive Corbons JHP, Federal Hydrashocks JHP...and with the less expensive FMJs from Magtech....I think its a mag problem, but now its happening on the unused mags as well.

:-( time to take it to the gunsmith I guess...

AR762 06-26-2009 01:42 PM

If your having this problem with Quality ammo, then I would agree with you. It's not an ammo problem.

Let us know what you find out.

wolfshead 06-28-2009 05:19 PM

So I ordered the GTUL and some performance magazine springs from Wolff. I must say it has fixed the slide jamming issue instantly.

CHLChris 06-28-2009 11:23 PM

Violence of motion

Quote:

Originally Posted by M14sRock (Post 121468)
Rack the slide and let it fly forward. Do not "help" it down, also called "riding". Do it fast and snappy.

I saw a YouTube video by Aaron Warren:

In describing the slide action, he uses the phrase, "violence of motion," to describe the forcefulness needed to effectively rack the slide. He suggests that every time we rack the slide, we should do it with an extreme motion leaving our support hand virtually slamming back against our body.

Watch it...it's a good explanation for dealing with FTE's, etc.