Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 36 Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I also just purchased a Glock 36 and really like it. It has a good feel to it.

My question is that I see that there is an extended slide release for the G36and was wondering if there was any type of modifications that would needed to be made for it to operate properly?

Also, I have read that a regular mag release for the G17, 23, etc would operate as an extended mag release for the G36 seeing that there is not one made for it.

Has anyone tried it?

Thanks

Old 03-11-2011, 02:33 AM   #22

I am a retired police officer who is also a Glock Advance Armorer, I have carried many Glocks and the 36 is my go to gun. When I started in police work (1983) my six shot revolver was enough gun to get the job done. Remember this is a not a duty gun and at my age a gun is for self defence. If I was needing to "GO to WAR" I'd carry a rifle, but to protect my family the Glock 36 is great. Only con I know of is it's hard to find holsters for.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 AM   #23

Also, Lone Wolf has the extended slide release you want. Glock does not make one. And the standard mag release will work.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDoug View Post
I am a retired police officer who is also a Glock Advance Armorer, I have carried many Glocks and the 36 is my go to gun. When I started in police work (1983) my six shot revolver was enough gun to get the job done. Remember this is a not a duty gun and at my age a gun is for self defence. If I was needing to "GO to WAR" I'd carry a rifle, but to protect my family the Glock 36 is great. Only con I know of is it's hard to find holsters for.
I COMPLETELY agree. I love my G36 as my daily carry gun. I have several Glocks also. I have installed Tritums and a CT laser. I use the CrossBreed Super Tuck Deluxe and LOVE IT!!!!!! Custom fitted to the G36 and the laser on front of trigger guard. MOST comfortable holster I have ever worn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDoug View Post
Also, Lone Wolf has the extended slide release you want. Glock does not make one. And the standard mag release will work.
The one complaint most people have of the G36 IS the use of the NON Glock extended slide release. They are, from what I understand and I too am an armorer, actually made for other glocks and thus they have caused some jamming issues. I recommend that people NOT install them and just practice more with their guns and get used to the factory made and installed parts. ALWAYS better that an after market part, otherwise Glock would make it. JMHO.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #25

I picked up an extended slide stop/release from LWD which stated that it was made for the G36. I am willing to try and it in practice and if a problem presents itself then I will go back to the original.

I have never chaged the mag release or the slide stop/release so I will have to try and figure out how to do it. I was told that it was easy but I have found that what is easy for one may not be for the other.

Thanks

Old 03-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceF View Post
I picked up an extended slide stop/release from LWD which stated that it was made for the G36. I am willing to try and it in practice and if a problem presents itself then I will go back to the original.

I have never chaged the mag release or the slide stop/release so I will have to try and figure out how to do it. I was told that it was easy but I have found that what is easy for one may not be for the other.

Thanks
As most other armorers will tell you, IF you try this yourself, and it is easy to do, PLEASE MAKE SURE THE GUN IS NOT LOADED

With that out of the way...

Remove the slide, Owners manual tells ya how to do that.

On the left side of the polymer frame there are two pins above the trigger. Using a punch or similar tool push out the bottom, or bigger one. BUT NOT ALL THE WAY. Push from left to right about half way. This will release the slide catch. Pull it out, slide in the new one and slide the pin back in as you manipulate the release so the wholes line up and it compresses the spring.

With a Long small slotted screw driver, look up the mag well and depress the mag catch all the way in you will notice a spring that is holding the release. Using the screw driver, as you depress the mag release and move the spring, trap the spring in that compressed position and the get the blade of the screw driver UNDER the spring. Allow the release to slide back to its normal position WITHOUT the spring, At the same time manipulate the blade of the screw driver Under the spring, gently lifting it out of the slot, the mag release should slide right out. While you have the spring in that position, insert the new new extended release and engage the spring in the slot as before. Presto.

Old 03-12-2011, 05:46 AM   #27

Thank you. I will do it before work tomorrow or when I am off on Sun. Thanks again.