Glock 36 Help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 36 Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have always thought the 36, or a single stack .45 full sized frame glock would make a hell of a duty gun. I love my 36. The reason the 27, 22,23 and what not are in existance is because of the smaller female hand. they can handle the frame of the 22,23,27 better than the .45acp double stack guns, and have stopping power between the .45 acp and 9mm, which every cop in L.A. knows bounces off windshields.

A single stack full sized frame .45 acp glock, WOW imaging the possibilities.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1963 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I recently bought a used G36 and had a bit of trouble. Seems the original owner put in the wrong slide release/lock. Now it shoots great. I dont have huge hands so I like the size. The G30 was a little too fat. I like shooting it a lot better than the G23. Different recoil impulse. 27 oz loaded makes it nice for carry.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:47 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

G36 is my heavy carry. LCP on the light side. Really feel more confident with the 36.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #14

So what are these supposed other problems with the G36? I have seem some minor comments on here but nothing that makes me think the G36 is any less ready for the market that any other of Gaston's products.

Please elaborate on any issues, If you can....

Like the one above, I would guess that any issues are not a result of the G36, rather the previous owner and modifications made.

Anybody ever had any issues with a NEW gun right out of the tupperware?

Old 10-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #15

i'd rather have a g36 than any of the 3" 1911 45s

Attitude is Everything

Old 10-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideit View Post
I have both and switch them out for CC. (The defender is a .40 s&w) But that does not answer my wuestion.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:47 PM   #17
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1963 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I spoke with a Glock rep yesterday. He said the biggiest problem with the 36 was people trying to put an extended slide release on them. They dont make an extended slide release for the 36. The tab on the after market extended release has to be ground down to the same contour as the factory release. The tab has to be exact. The next biggest problem is aftermarket mags. Some are good and some are bad.
Glock is close to having a factory in the USA. We may see some new models like a flat (single stack) 9 or 40 which for some reason they would be unable to import.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideit View Post
I agree that compact 1911's just don't do well for me. Around the first of the year, I traded my Sig compact SAS Custom shop 1911 GSR, for a new Glock 36 and $200.

Got home with my new G36, and then read all the horror stories about this model. So, I called Glock on the Monday morning after the gun show and talked to a real nice rep. He shared with me that he liked Sigs and 1911s and had a number of them.

I shared my concerns with him about what I have read on the various forums about the G-36 and he asked for my serial number. He then said I should be OK and just enjoy it.

I shot it briefly when it was new. It seemed very accurate and fed and shot 3 different types of HP ammo as well as FMJ/ball ammo.

I then bought a Pearce mag extension (+1) and installed it. I shot about 50 rounds through it (a combination of JHP and FMJ/Ball ammo) and it was flawless (even with the Pearce extension which in my opinion could lower the stock spring tension a little).

This gun is very mild to shoot and very accurate.

Talked to a local gun shop/indoor range owner and he agreed with me on my opinion of the G-36. He said they have a 2 year old G-36 that is used as a range gun and they have had zero problems with it.

This is a great forum and I really appreciate all the info that is posted.

Thanks,

Trooper Joe

Old 12-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I am pleased to read the variety of feedback on the G 36. At this point in time I'm very glad that I purchased the 36 and switched from the 9mm for my EDC. I have owned and used Glocks for 13 years and I'm still waiting for my first malfunction. I now own 4 Glocks and will never get rid of them. So far the G 36 has proved to be just like the rest of my Glocks, super reliable. //END//

Old 12-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I'll continue, then.

IF Glock came out with a duty sized G36, I'd buy several. A single stack Glock 45 full size would be awesome.
I have said that for YEARS. I have a couple of G21's. My old beloved G21 2nd Gen that was my duty pistol for over 14 years, and an SF my wife bought me a couple of years ago for Christmas (standard rail not the silly picatinny rail they came out with first).

I carried a G36 on my ankle for years too. It was, and still is, a shooter. I rarely carry it as my primary but on the occaisions I do, I don't feel under gunned at all. I ALWAYS carry a spare magazine or two. I look at it like a revolver with an extra round with a BIG hole in the end of the barrel.

I own a BUNCH of Glocks...and after well over 300,000 rounds I have only ever had ONE malfunction and that was when using a garbage Sherer range magazine. It failed to feed the last round in the magazine. Not even my old Wilson Combat 1911 or my Les Baer 1911 can match that record of perfection and reliability...and they both cost 5x as much as any of my Glocks (though I get the LE discount, but still). I can get a new "blue box" Glock standard frame for $400, or a large frame 20, 21, 29, 30, or 36 for $439...so the economy and reliability make them one heck of a buy!

I am glad you went ahead and got the G36...you won't be disappointed.

Still like M14sRock, I'd LOVE to see a single stack .45 on a full size platform from Glock. Maybe even in .38 Super....Do you hear us Gaston? Calling Gaston!