Glock 36 Help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 36 Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Glock 36 Help

I just sold one of my Colt 45 SAA revolvers and now have money to buy another gun. I already have three Glocks, the 30SF, 19 and the 26. I love them all but I am really thinking about the 36 as my new EDC gun. I sometimes carry the 30SF but I don't feel I need all that firepower all the time so I'm leaning very hard toward the 36. I think 6 + 1 rounds of 45 is quite good enough for a carry gun, especially when you carry an extra magazine. I have in the past carried a 1911 that had 8 + 1 but I never trusted those guns as much as I trust my Glocks. I would like to have some input from those of you that have or have had a 36 to help me make a valid decision. Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I have had a G36 since they came out. Love it. 6+1 never bothered me at all.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
I have had a G36 since they came out. Love it. 6+1 never bothered me at all.
I thought I would get more feedback form those of you that own a Glock 36 but I guess I was wrong. I went out today and ordered the G 36 with the LE discount. I will be picking it up next week. I love my G 30SF but decided it was just a bit too much for me to carry for self defense every day. I placed the G 36 on top of a G 30SF at the gun shop and there is a big difference in the size and thickness. I know I will Love this gun with 6 + 1 .45APC. Carry 1 extra Mag and I will be well armed. Thanks anyway.

Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 AM   #4

I'll continue, then.

IF Glock came out with a duty sized G36, I'd buy several. A single stack Glock 45 full size would be awesome.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-25-2010, 12:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
I believe it would be a very popular seller too. I would also probably buy one.

When Glock came out with the G21SF, I was in the market for a 45 and I wanted it to be a Glock. I looked at the G21, G21SF, G36, G30 and G30SF. The frames were still too fat for my liking. I tried a G37 and I was pretty happy to hold a 45 that has thes ame frame as the G17s and G19s I have fired alot in my life.

Hard to argue 10 rounds of 185 grain Hydrashoks at 1090fps from a 9mm framed Glock as far as I was concerned.

It has since become my everywhere gun. If I leave the house it is on me. Its more comfortable than shooting 40 caliber and holds 30% more ammo than a 1911 and is light.

It might not be a mainstream caliber but it is issued to 10% of the countries state police agencies. The same number as the ACP. I put 3,000 rounds a year through it and it just shoots and shoots. Last time I took it out we had a popper setup at 110 yards and I fired my last 7 rounds I had for that day at it. I hit it 4 times. I love that gun..

Even better would be a fullsize 8-9 round upsized G36. Maybe Gaston will wakeup someday and just make it.......
Demand is high, but they are way behind in production on other guns. So they say "No dice".

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default I don't understand!

I Hear from Glock People and Owners of Gun Ranges that the 36 just does not have enough firepower. I say to them that many people love the model 1911 with a 7 + 1 and this is only one round more than the model 36. The salesman that sold me the gun says that most people who buy the 36 trades them or sells them. This I DON'T UNDERSTAND! I think I will love this gun as much or more than my other 3 Glocks and like I said before, I won't feel under gunned at all.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2867 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Enjoy what you have. What do they meant by "...just does not have enough firepower."? Missing the target with 18 is just as bad as missing the target with 6.

Practice and make the rounds count.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-26-2010, 05:40 PM   #8

Mall Ninjas believe capacity trumps accuracy.

5 shot snubbies, Officer's sized 1911's, the list goes on. They have all been fine for the urban gunslinger for many years.

Would a 6 shot .45 be my choice to carry into a "serious gunfight"? Hellz no. But in that instance I would prefer a high capacity rifle or carbine with many spare mags. Point being, there is always a compromise. Be confident in the choice you make. Have that confidence based on preparedness, observation, and skill.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37 View Post
If Gaston can cave for the FHP and make 3,000+ Gen4 G37s because they wanted a gen4 and a 45GAP, then he can cave to make a killing on a G36XL.

Just how I see it....
I agree. But still they resist.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

Old 09-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Mall Ninjas believe capacity trumps accuracy.

5 shot snubbies, Officer's sized 1911's, the list goes on. They have all been fine for the urban gunslinger for many years.

Would a 6 shot .45 be my choice to carry into a "serious gunfight"? Hellz no. But in that instance I would prefer a high capacity rifle or carbine with many spare mags. Point being, there is always a compromise. Be confident in the choice you make. Have that confidence based on preparedness, observation, and skill.
That sounds about right!! The mall ninja comment..Maybe the gun store wanted to sell the most expensive .45 he could rather then the one that fits and is liked best. How can you be underpowered with a .45 ?