Glock 36 ? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > Glock 36 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

While I don't agree or disagree with that person's post - and for the record FTF does not condone forum raids - this did give me pause

Quote:
I have a 1911 with 100K rounds through it and I am on the original slide stop/release/catch
100,000 rounds??

When did you replace your barrel??

When did you replace your mags??

That is A LOT of shooting. One box of .45 shells is 50 rounds. Given an average shooting trip to the range, that would last about, what? 20 to 30 minutes of targets up, shooting, reloading, talking, replacing targets, etc??

At 30 minutes per box, and I am assuming restroom breaks, pauses to chat with fellow shooters, general time for a new target, etc. that is 1000 HOURS of SHOOTING.

41.67 straight days of shooting?? With the same weapon?? That guy better we REALLY good with that pistol. And his name should be on some Gold Cups around his shooting club....

Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #12

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
While I don't agree or disagree with that person's post - and for the record FTF does not condone forum raids - this did give me pause

100,000 rounds??

When did you replace your barrel??

When did you replace your mags??

That is A LOT of shooting. One box of .45 shells is 50 rounds. Given an average shooting trip to the range, that would last about, what? 20 to 30 minutes of targets up, shooting, reloading, talking, replacing targets, etc??

At 30 minutes per box, and I am assuming restroom breaks, pauses to chat with fellow shooters, general time for a new target, etc. that is 1000 HOURS of SHOOTING.

41.67 straight days of shooting?? With the same weapon?? That guy better we REALLY good with that pistol. And his name should be on some Gold Cups around his shooting club....
This fella usually participates in the "torture" shoots where you put 5K through a gun over a weekend. Didn't mean to raid but this slide stop/slide release issue always gets confusing...

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
This fella usually participates in the "torture" shoots where you put 5K through a gun over a weekend. Didn't mean to raid but this slide stop/slide release issue always gets confusing...
It's no big deal as long as we give credit where we got it. We just don't like to take information from another site without giving credit. It's considered rude forum behavior. You gave credit, so that is cool - I was just saying as a rule, FTF doesn't condone it....

Well, 5K through a gun in a weekend is a hell of a lot of shooting. I can see it, but to just say I have 100K rounds through a weapon, on the surface, looks real Interwebz Bravado to someone that doesn't know the guy.

I don't think I have one weapon that I have put 100K rounds through. I don't know anyone else that keeps a weapon that long to put 100K thru it.

Hell, my gunsmith built himself a nice 1911, had it on the bench and was loading up to go to the range the following weekend and someone walked in and bought it off him... LOL

Maybe my very first Daisy lever action BB gun when I was a kid had 100K through it.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #14

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

On the subject of many rounds through a gun, Chuck Taylor's Glock 17 survived over 300,000 rounds. Not all were fired by Chuck. He let his students use it all the time. Details of the test are available on other sites. Todd Jarrett put 10K rounds through a Para 1911 in a non-stop torture test and posted the video on the Web. Youtube has a video of a similar test of a Glock, done by James Yeager ( Yeah. Here we go again ! LOL).

P.S. Here's a link to the Bruce Gray Bump Drill video I alluded to earlier :
http://www.downrange.tv/videos/bruce-gray.htm

Last edited by Rentacop; 08-14-2009 at 06:16 PM.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #15

Default Glock 36 Update & Thanks

This meant to be an update on my progress with the M-36. First of all, Thanks to all that helped me with education with this weapon. Among those would be Dillinger, Rent-a-cop, and the several officers at work, among others, all of which helped me tremendously. I went to the range with my 3rd set of 50 rounds, determined to take with me the lessons that you've all taught. Believe me, I concentrated with each lesson. I can't tell you how hard it is to put each together at the same time.. Breathing control, trigger control, grip, stance, composure. I gotta tell you, its work. I believe it's paid off and I'm very happy with today's results. In photo "A" I know what I did wrong..Too! much index finger, forcing me to use the Big knuckle (3rd joint) to pull the trigger rather the first two joint, causing "Low 7'oclock Hits. JUST! like Rent-a-cops videos he sent, said. When I settled down and concentrated on that, the shots in "B", became more consistent. Stance, breathing and the rest, put some decent numbers on the paper.. NOW!. although it doesn't look like much, when you shoot 15 rnds and hit the paper "Once", maybe twice! this is big time improvement. I not longer believe its the gun. My inspiration came from the encouragement of Dillinger and others. I believe the key for me now, its two fold. 1. I have to commit what I"ve learned to muscle memory intead of thinking about each lesson, and thats has to be with the addition of of few hundred more rounds..I know I can put them they're suppose to be now, if I do things the way I was taught.
What I've learned:
1. It's very important to listen twice as much as speaking, so talking doesn't interfer with learning.
2. Its matter of putting the miles on with practice and yep! more rnds..
3. 100 rounds of .45's goes REAL! fast and costs a small fortune, so I need to learn quicky and efficently before I have to sell the farm..
Thanks again.l... My hats off exposing the Blad spot to all...Paul

targets.jpg