glock? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Glock Forum > glock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I own a g23 and havent had a prob so far.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've had a few failure to feeds with old mag springs, and by few I mean 3. I've had a few rounds not go boom, but they wouldn't do it on the second and third strike either, so I blame the ammo, not the gun. I've had one oval shaped Wolf case get stuck in the chamber, but I put the corner of the slide on a bench and pounded on the grip with my fist and it kicked out. I've shot 'em dirty, hot, and hot and dirty for thousands of rounds and they keep on keeping on.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Are you kidding me!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remington7mm View Post
i am really new here 20 posts but have been doing alot of reading. i have talked to 10 people and out of 10, 6 people were having trouble with there glocks. 4 people had awsome luck. the people i was having troble had 9mm(not sure the model) but there were having jamming issues and to me thats VERY unsafe in the gun world. that being said are glocks really that bad of a gun. i think that they are good and have a repuatable name however i dont want a pistol that i have to worry about killing someone nor myself when i pull the trigger. i also understad that there are big debats on here so please kepp them out of the thread, thanks. im just trying to out weigh the bad and good.
I'll make this short and sweet. I have had every model Glock in 9mm or .45 and have been shooting Glock Pistols for 13 Years. I am still waiting for my FIRST MALFUNCTION to happen. //END//

Old 12-10-2010, 05:22 AM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I've owned three through out the years. Two model 21s and a model 22. Never once did I ever have a problem with any of them. Even with the .40 S&W, if ya can believe that.

Psalm 138:7

Old 12-10-2010, 05:53 AM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I can tell you first hand that I carried a Glock 22 for years during my career. My glock and surprisingly every glock I shot when I first got one locked back, FTF'd or stovepiped. Then I was taught I was limpwristing the crap out of it and it (read:ME) caused every malfunction. I stopped fag feeling it and it shot perfect everytime.

Now Glock does have some other issues like their ergo's, but that's shooter preference. I now privately own a G22 and have never had a problem with it after I put a hogue sleeve on it. With that being said, now that I have bought a 1911...the Glock hangs out in the safe more often, but I would not hesitate one millisecond to trust my life with the G22
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 12-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #16

I have a Kimber 1911 and a Glock 19 9mm. I love my Kimber and I love my Glock. I would trust my life on either, however the 1911 has jammed on me multiple times in the past, all have been in the break in period. However, I have NEVER EVER had a jam or any malfunction of any sort out of the Glock. So when I go to carry, I carry the Glock unless im worried about bears or something since the 1911 is a .45.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The G20 10mm is a good last ditch bear pistol.

Psalm 138:7

Old 12-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I currently own 4 Glocks. A G-17, G-34 (the best gun I have), G-23, and Gen 4 Glock 22. I also own three 1911's. A Wilson Combat CQB, Kimber Pro TLE, and STI Trojan 9mm. I do on occasion carry my Kimber Pro TLE, but 95% of the time I carry my G-22 or G-23. I like my Kimber but do not want to worry about a safety in a difficult situation. I have never had any problems with any of my Glocks and I trust my life to them. I did own a S&W M&P .40 that I sold for my Gen 4 22. My Glocks are easy to clean, take apart, and work on.